Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Got Books?

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

becke_davis,  Was not that a great conquence. After I wrote the post and then saw the Jayne was coming it was like I thought it ahead of time.

I loved In Too Deep. I can hardly wait for Quicksilver.

I am thinking about thinking reading a romance. I have the new Catherine Coulter and I am still not sure if I am going to read it now or read some of my own. I am thinking of reading my own.

I have so many that I really need to get to them

I love the GOT BOOKS. You really do so much for us and I loved the videos you send us. I love our new village.

Great work, Becke.

ReadingPatti

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

becke_davis,  Was not that a great conquence. After I wrote the post and then saw the Jayne was coming it was like I thought it ahead of time.

I loved In Too Deep. I can hardly wait for Quicksilver.

I am thinking about thinking reading a romance. I have the new Catherine Coulter and I am still not sure if I am going to read it now or read some of my own. I am thinking of reading my own.

I have so many that I really need to get to them

I love the GOT BOOKS. You really do so much for us and I loved the videos you send us. I love our new village.

Great work, Becke.

ReadingPatti

No coincidence, Patti - I shot her an email after I saw your comment, and invited her to join us. She said she'd be happy to!

So thanks for making the suggestion, Patti!

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

I GOT BOOKS today plus lots of bookmarks, postcard from Ohio and a recipe for a mixed berry salad. Yum, yum - something nice to eat while reading! Loved the riddle on the postcard too!

All the books look great and I can't wait to read them all!

Thanks Becke! You're the best!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
becke_davis
0 Kudos

You're very welcome, Eadie!

Have you all seen the Harlequin contest they're talking about over on the Carina thread? You can create and "patent" your own kiss: http://www.patentyourkiss.com/Default.aspx 

Mine is here: http://www.patentyourkiss.com/Kisses/April-in-Paris.aspx

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

I was trying to create one but I'm having trouble getting the picture done! I'll keep working on it and see what happens!
becke_davis wrote:

Have you all seen the Harlequin contest they're talking about over on the Carina thread? You can create and "patent" your own kiss: http://www.patentyourkiss.com/Default.aspx 

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
becke_davis
0 Kudos

eadieburke wrote:

I was trying to create one but I'm having trouble getting the picture done! I'll keep working on it and see what happens!
becke_davis wrote:

It's harder than it looks! Or it was for me, anyway.

As to Got Books? At least one person received a package with their correct address and someone else's name. Since I'm clearly loosing my mind, I'm guessing someone else got a package with their correct address and a different person's name, assuming I got those two mixed up. Sorry about that!

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Well, you do ok with my package. It was my name with my address, so it must be someone else! Thanks again!
becke_davis wrote:

eadieburke wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

It's harder than it looks! Or it was for me, anyway.

As to Got Books? At least one person received a package with their correct address and someone else's name. Since I'm clearly loosing my mind, I'm guessing someone else got a package with their correct address and a different person's name, assuming I got those two mixed up. Sorry about that!

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

Hey Becke

I received my Got Books package today :smileyvery-happy:

Do you recommend reading Town in a Blueberry Jam before Town in a Lobster Stew?

Becke

Happy Reading :smileywink:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

darkangel_1988 wrote:

Hey Becke

I received my Got Books package today :smileyvery-happy:

Do you recommend reading Town in a Blueberry Jam before Town in a Lobster Stew?

Becke

Happy Reading :smileywink:

I think I only sent the new release, but, you're right, Town in a Blueberry Jam does come first.

For myself, I read books out of order all the time and it doesn't bother me. If you prefer to read books in the order they were written, then you'll probably want to read Blueberry Jam first.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Becke, my package had my name and address on it. So it wasn't me.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
becke_davis
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Becke, my package had my name and address on it. So it wasn't me.

I think the mystery has been solved - thanks!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Those of you who like steamy romantic suspense should check out this week's featured author, CHERRY ADAIR.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Mystery/Please-Welcome-Author-CHERRY-ADAIR/m-p/849370#M33715

I just finished reading UNDERTOW, book one in her new Cutter Cay series. It's a sizzler set at sea, as the hero attempts to recover a sunken treasure.

Undertow

Inspired Contributor
leisure_reader
0 Kudos

Got Books today

Thanks Becke..Selection looks very good...lots of mystery and mayhem.  I am looking forward to reading the Lorna Barrett book

And everthing was addressed correctly

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

becke_davis
0 Kudos

leisure_reader wrote:

Got Books today

Thanks Becke..Selection looks very good...lots of mystery and mayhem.  I am looking forward to reading the Lorna Barrett book

And everthing was addressed correctly

Wow, that took awhile to get to you! I guess the snow slowed things down.

Inspired Contributor
leisure_reader
0 Kudos

or the mailperson didn;t want to get out of his truck?!

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

becke_davis
0 Kudos

leisure_reader wrote:

or the mailperson didn;t want to get out of his truck?!

I can't really blame the mail men/women - I'm counting the days until spring!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Becke, I received my books today and it's always like a Christmas package to a kid. You don't know what's in there until you open it. Another set of great reads and bookmarks. Wow, which one should I read first? Thanks Becke, for bringing Christmas almost every month to my house. We really do appreciate what you do for us.

I second that, maxcat. Just got my package yesterday(Saturday Feb 12), and since it was otherwise a no-mail-for-me day, I was thrilled to receive an unexpected package! Thanks so much, becke! You rock!
" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
becke_davis
0 Kudos

You're very welcome! :-)