Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Got Books?

becke_davis
0 Kudos

These are the featured Kensington romantic suspense authors this week:

Monday, Feb. 21: CATE NOBLE

Tuesday, Feb. 22: KATHERINE GARBERA

Wednesday, Feb. 23: SHANNON MCKENNA

Thursday, Feb. 24: JEANNE ADAMS

Friday, Feb. 25: ANN CHRISTOPHER

February 22 is a two-fer-Tuesday, with both Kathy Garbera AND Allison Brennan visiting!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Here's a link to our March featured authors: 

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Mystery/March-2011-at-Barnes-amp-Noble-s-Mystery-Forum/m-p/87...

Don't forget, the way this works is you get books as an incentive for commenting and helping me welcome guest authors to the board. I DO keep track! If you make extra comments, you'll get something extra in your package. If you skip a few of the guests, I may still send you books but without all the extras.

I'll keep this up as long as I have books to give away. If it looks like I won't have enough books in a particular month, I'll give you plenty of warning - don't worry! I'm not likely to run out any time soon.

This is a VERY EASY way to get free books (new and used) - and it's open to everyone. All I ask is that if you like the books I send and want to read more by those authors, you order those books here at B&N. Thanks for participating!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Sorry for the delay - I'm FINALLY going to get to the post office today. I invested in a postal scale, got everything packed up and weighed. Then I tried to buy postage online (my new, time-saving plan) and it turns out that only works for express mail and priority mail. Since I send these book rate, that's not going to work. I've got everything loaded in the car and ready to go. It's still pouring rain, so I'm going to probably make a post office run after lunch. DEFINITELY TODAY!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I mailed about a dozen packages yesterday - let me know when they arrive!

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Becke:
Just got my books! A great selection of different genres! Everyone looks great - can't wait to read them! Thanks for the Duffy Brown Compass, bookmarks, coasters and advertisements for the great books you let us know about!
Hope you enjoy your trip to Chicago and your dad's 80th birthday. Hurry back, it's lonesome here without you!

becke_davis wrote:

I mailed about a dozen packages yesterday - let me know when they arrive!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Just got mine, and one of them was actually on my buy list!:smileyvery-happy:

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

That's cool!
TiggerBear wrote:

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

eadieburke wrote:

That's cool!
TiggerBear wrote:

Second time Becke has done that too! Very cool. :smileyvery-happy:Great author introductions as well.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Thanks to Duffy for those compasses. To those of you who didn't get one (I don't think I had enough for everyone), I've got lots of goodies for next month - more bookmarks plus some cool buttons and magnets. And, of course, books!

I'll be stopping in at the Left Coast Crime mystery conference in Santa Fe later this month, and I'll load up on more bookmarks and promo items for next month, too. There are only four featured authors this month - if you comment on the guest blogs I'll put in a few extra goodies, too.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

I got my books yesterday and was surprised to see In Too Deep by Jayne Ann Krentz. Also, a book by Nora Roberts. I liked the compass also and could use it when I go hiking.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
becke_davis
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

I got my books yesterday and was surprised to see In Too Deep by Jayne Ann Krentz. Also, a book by Nora Roberts. I liked the compass also and could use it when I go hiking.

You just never know what you'll find in those packages. Usually one or two of you get a hardcover book each month - I don't get a lot of those, so you won't all get them every month. I do try to mix it up so you never know what to expect!

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Hah there's a cmpass in mine too.:smileyvery-happy: It ended up on the bottom of the pile.

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

Becke

I received my books and compass today. :smileytongue:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Did you all get a compass? Duffy Brown gave me quite a few to share with you, but I don't remember if I had enough for everyone. If you didn't get one, let me know!

Inspired Contributor
leisure_reader
0 Kudos

Got books and got compass!

Thanks becke for another great selection. 

J

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I'm a Harlequin Ambassador (Harlequin books, that is) and they occasionally send me boxes of books to share with others. I've put these books in many of your Got Books? packages. Now Harlequin has asked me to check with those of you who received these books: did you read them? Give them to a friend? Throw them out? Let me know and I'll respond to them. Thanks!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

You can sign up to be a Harlequin Ambassador, too:

https://www.harlequinambassadors.com/Portal/default.aspx

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

I read them and then pass them on to friends.
becke_davis wrote:

I'm a Harlequin Ambassador (Harlequin books, that is) and they occasionally send me boxes of books to share with others. I've put these books in many of your Got Books? packages. Now Harlequin has asked me to check with those of you who received these books: did you read them? Give them to a friend? Throw them out? Let me know and I'll respond to them. Thanks!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Thanks, Eadie!