Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
Posts: 9,489
Registered: ‎02-12-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Got Books?

I've read a couple. When I finish with them if they're on the mild side I pass them on to my mom. She's a tad of a romance junky.The others I dropped in the send a soldier a book donation box. Last months went to Afghanistan and if any place in the world needs Harlequin that one does.

 

 

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Got Books?

 


TiggerBear wrote:

I've read a couple. When I finish with them if they're on the mild side I pass them on to my mom. She's a tad of a romance junky.The others I dropped in the send a soldier a book donation box. Last months went to Afghanistan and if any place in the world needs Harlequin that one does.

 

 


Wonderful - I'll pass this on!

 

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Got Books?

Getting ready to sort out the books for this month's shipment.

 

 

Some of you have had questions about whether the guest blogs count as featured author visits. My primary concern is that the authors feel welcome here, so let's just say the more I see your name on featured threads of any kind here, the more books and goodies you'll get at the end of the month.

 

Remember, this is an INCENTIVE not a prize. I hope the books I send (new and used, from my own collection) will introduce you to new authors and encourage you to buy more of their books here.

 

ANYONE can get these books - just comment on all the featured author threads in any given month. That's all it takes!

 

 

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Got Books?

Done! This month's Got Books? shipment of books, bookmarks, etc. is on the way. Harlequin gave me five books to distribute between you - if you get one, let me know what you do with it. If you read it, Harlequin would like to know what you thought of it. It's fine if you want to pass it on to a friend or whatever - if you do that, they asked me to let them know, too. Thanks for your help!

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
Posts: 4,012
Registered: ‎11-01-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Got Books?

I got my books today! And I did get a Harlequin book which I will read and let them know my opinion of the book. Thanks for the Mystery Scene magazine. I pick it up once in a while and this sounds good too. And the bookmarks and bag clip, all I can use. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
Posts: 9,489
Registered: ‎02-12-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Got Books?

Got mine a few mins ago. Dang it, hubby snagged the pens before I'd even seen them. "Ya rubberized pens! Thanks hun." His favorite kind. Thanks Becke!

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Got Books?

 


maxcat wrote:

I got my books today! And I did get a Harlequin book which I will read and let them know my opinion of the book. Thanks for the Mystery Scene magazine. I pick it up once in a while and this sounds good too. And the bookmarks and bag clip, all I can use. Thank you, thank you, thank you!


Ah, the bag clips - author G.M. Malliet had those, but she was running low so I just took a couple. Everyone should have a pen, and I think all of you got magazines - not all the same one. They were giving some away at Left Coast Crime so I took a handful for you all.

 

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Got Books?

 


TiggerBear wrote:

Got mine a few mins ago. Dang it, hubby snagged the pens before I'd even seen them. "Ya rubberized pens! Thanks hun." His favorite kind. Thanks Becke!


 

Was that the green pen? I had green pens and blue ones, maybe a couple of others. I can't remember what all I brought back, but I still have more for the coming months. None of you will run out of bookmarks!

 

By the way, if anyone reading this would like author bookmarks but don't want to take the time to participate in Got Books?, shoot me a message here and give me your snail mail address. I'd be happy to mail you some bookmarks.

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
Posts: 9,489
Registered: ‎02-12-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Got Books?

 


becke_davis wrote:

 


TiggerBear wrote:

Got mine a few mins ago. Dang it, hubby snagged the pens before I'd even seen them. "Ya rubberized pens! Thanks hun." His favorite kind. Thanks Becke!


 

Was that the green pen? I had green pens and blue ones, maybe a couple of others. I can't remember what all I brought back, but I still have more for the coming months. None of you will run out of bookmarks!

 

By the way, if anyone reading this would like author bookmarks but don't want to take the time to participate in Got Books?, shoot me a message here and give me your snail mail address. I'd be happy to mail you some bookmarks.


 

A green and a blue.

 

Of court I do not understand not getting into the got books bit. Just hi to a author that is visited. EASY! Come on lurkers!:smileytongue:

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Got Books?

 


TiggerBear wrote:

 


becke_davis wrote:

 


TiggerBear wrote:

Got mine a few mins ago. Dang it, hubby snagged the pens before I'd even seen them. "Ya rubberized pens! Thanks hun." His favorite kind. Thanks Becke!


 

Was that the green pen? I had green pens and blue ones, maybe a couple of others. I can't remember what all I brought back, but I still have more for the coming months. None of you will run out of bookmarks!

 

By the way, if anyone reading this would like author bookmarks but don't want to take the time to participate in Got Books?, shoot me a message here and give me your snail mail address. I'd be happy to mail you some bookmarks.


 

A green and a blue.

 

Of court I do not understand not getting into the got books bit. Just hi to a author that is visited. EASY! Come on lurkers!:smileytongue:


 

Yes - the more the merrier! I must have had 50 books delivered this week. I try to read as many books as I receive, but it's physically impossible for me to read them all. I share the mysteries with you all, and hope you'll spread the news when you find books and authors you like. (And since many are in a series, I hope you'll buy the rest of the series here!)

 

I don't send a set number of books, and you may get a mix of mystery, romance, paranormal, inspirational - pretty much anything. I try to learn your preferences but if you get something that's not up your alley, just pass it on. Occasionally I'll toss in some vintage books from my collection - I can't keep everything I read, or my house will sink from the weight of them all!

 

All you have to do is comment on the featured author threads and send me your name and address. I tally up a list of the people who commented on them all (or most of them), and mail out Got Books? to everyone who is on the list once a month. Doesn't cost you a penny, and it saves my husband from tearing his hair out as my books encroach on his space!

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
Posts: 4,012
Registered: ‎11-01-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Got Books?

Yeah, it's easy to do. Just visit authors on the mystery thread during a month and Becke will send out books, pens, compasses, bookmarks, etc. Did I cover it all, Becke?

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
Posts: 4,012
Registered: ‎11-01-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Got Books?

The only thing is my TBR pile is growing while yours gets shorter!

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Got Books?

[ Edited ]

 


maxcat wrote:

Yeah, it's easy to do. Just visit authors on the mystery thread during a month and Becke will send out books, pens, compasses, bookmarks, etc. Did I cover it all, Becke?


 

Max - a lot of authors know I pass out their promo items to you all, so when I go to meetings and conferences, many of them load me up with goodies for you all.

 

I mainly got mystery magazines and bookmarks at Left Coast Crime - plus the pens and G.M. Malliet's clips - but I'm sure I'll be collecting a lot more when I go to Lori Foster's Reader and Author Get Together in June. My daughter is coming to that, too. It's here in Cincinnati - it's a fabulous event because readers can mingle with some really great authors, and there are TONS of raffle baskets. 

 

It only costs $50 to register which is a LOT less than most conferences, and that's for the whole three days (it includes 4 meals, plus you get a tote bag and free books when you register).

 

Here is the link: 

http://www.lorifoster.com/community/readergettogether.php

 

And here's a list of the authors who are attending (so far - registration is open through mid-May). I've highlighted names of authors you may have come across here at BN.com - there are romance, paranormal, YA, erotica and mystery authors (so far!).

 

Author List for Reader Author Get Together

Lori Foster
L.L. Foster
Dianne Castell
Duffy Brown

Patricia McLinn
Kimberly Adkins
C.H. Admirand
Lacey Alexander
Maeve Alpin
Cornelia Amiri
Liz Andrews
Camille Anthony
Cynthia Arsuaga
Mike Arsuaga
Nickie Asher
Sidney Ayers
Robyn Bachar
D. Renee Bagby
Becky Barker
Maddy Barone
Anya Bast
Drea Becraft
Dana Marie Bell
Jules Bennett
Jacki Bentley
Trinity Blacio
Brit Blaise
Toni Blake
Gale Borger
Cheryl Brooks
Sherry Burkett
Monica Burns
Mary Burton
Virginia Cavanaugh
Sam Cheever
Lisa Cooke
Paige Cuccaro
Kristin Daniels
Gia Dawn
Virna De Paul
Genevieve Delacroix
Cherie Denis
Delilah Devlin
Lila DiPasqua
Gayle Donnelly
Kate Douglas
Cheryl Dragon
Gabriella Edwards
Cammie Eicher
Margaret Ethridge
Georgia Evans
Judi Fennell
Marie Force
Keri Ford
Madelyn Ford
J. Paulette Forshey
Evelynn Fox
Mari Freeman
Linda Gerber
Viola Grace
Jess Granger
Donna Grant
Denise Gwen
Regina Hart
Alexis Hart
Ruth J. Hartman
Leanna Renee Hieber
George Hughes
Layla Hunter
Aline Hunter
Myla Jackson
Mia Jae
Jennifer Jakes
Maddie James
Marcia James
Elle James
Billi Jean
Lisa Renee JOnes
Jambrea Jo Jones
Stephanie Julian
Bethany Kane
Samantha Kane
Tonya Kappes
Marteeka Karland
Jillian Kent
Beth Kery
Kimberly Killion
Emma Lang
Kayce Lassiter
Rosemary Laurey
Jade Lee
Mary Lennox
Michelle Levigne
Angela S. Lewis
Elise Logan
Kathy Lyons
Robyn Mackenzie
Donna MacMeans
Morgan Malone
Missy Martine
Janie Mason
Zenina Masters
Kelsey Maxwell
Janice Maynard
D. McEntire
LuAnn McLane
Linda McMaken
P.J. Mellor
Monette Michaels
Rae Morgan
Jeanette Murray
Nancy Naigle
Kerri Nelson
Alison Paige
lori perkins
Anne Rainey
Tracy L. Ranson
KJ Reed
Zenobia Renquist
Donna Richards
Moira Rogers
Melanie Rohman
Chandra Ryan
Emily Ryan-Davis
Jayne Rylon
J.A. Saare
Patricia Sargeant
Jan Scarbrough
Rayna Scherer
Cat Shaffer
Lena Shane
Linnea Sinclair
Nalini Singh
Arianna Skye
Liane Gentry Skye
Sydney Somers
Bianca Sommerland
Rosalie Stanton
Angela Steed
Keri Stevens
Trixie Stilletto
Sandy Sullivan
K.G. Summers
Judi Thoman
Tracy Tramonte
Karen Troxel
J.R. Turner
Paige Tyler
Renee Vincent
Robert Wacaster
Shiloh Walker
Barbara Westbrook
Gwen Williams
Beth Williamson
Christina Wolfer
Tianna Xander
Wendi Zwaduk
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
Posts: 9,489
Registered: ‎02-12-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Got Books?

 


becke_davis wrote:

 


maxcat wrote:

Yeah, it's easy to do. Just visit authors on the mystery thread during a month and Becke will send out books, pens, compasses, bookmarks, etc. Did I cover it all, Becke?


 

Max - a lot of authors know I pass out their promo items to you all, so when I go to meetings and conferences, many of them load me up with goodies for you all.

 

I mainly got mystery magazines and bookmarks at Left Coast Crime - plus the pens and G.M. Malliet's clips - but I'm sure I'll be collecting a lot more when I go to Lori Foster's Reader and Author Get Together in June. My daughter is coming to that, too. It's here in Cincinnati - it's a fabulous event because readers can mingle with some really great authors, and there are TONS of raffle baskets. 

 

It only costs $50 to register which is a LOT less than most conferences, and that's for the whole three days (it includes 4 meals, plus you get a tote bag and free books when you register).

 

Here is the link: 

http://www.lorifoster.com/community/readergettogether.php

 

And here's a list of the authors who are attending (so far - registration is open through mid-May). I've highlighted names of authors you may have come across here at BN.com - there are romance, paranormal, YA, erotica and mystery authors (so far!).

 

Author List for Reader Author Get Together

Lori Foster
L.L. Foster
Dianne Castell
Duffy Brown

Patricia McLinn
Kimberly Adkins
C.H. Admirand
Lacey Alexander
Maeve Alpin
Cornelia Amiri
Liz Andrews
Camille Anthony
Cynthia Arsuaga
Mike Arsuaga
Nickie Asher
Sidney Ayers
Robyn Bachar
D. Renee Bagby
Becky Barker
Maddy Barone
Anya Bast
Drea Becraft
Dana Marie Bell
Jules Bennett
Jacki Bentley
Trinity Blacio
Brit Blaise
Toni Blake
Gale Borger
Cheryl Brooks
Sherry Burkett
Monica Burns
Mary Burton
Virginia Cavanaugh
Sam Cheever
Lisa Cooke
Paige Cuccaro
Kristin Daniels
Gia Dawn
Virna De Paul
Genevieve Delacroix
Cherie Denis
Delilah Devlin
Lila DiPasqua
Gayle Donnelly
Kate Douglas
Cheryl Dragon
Gabriella Edwards
Cammie Eicher
Margaret Ethridge
Georgia Evans
Judi Fennell
Marie Force
Keri Ford
Madelyn Ford
J. Paulette Forshey
Evelynn Fox
Mari Freeman
Linda Gerber
Viola Grace
Jess Granger
Donna Grant
Denise Gwen
Regina Hart
Alexis Hart
Ruth J. Hartman
Leanna Renee Hieber
George Hughes
Layla Hunter
Aline Hunter
Myla Jackson
Mia Jae
Jennifer Jakes
Maddie James
Marcia James
Elle James
Billi Jean
Lisa Renee JOnes
Jambrea Jo Jones
Stephanie Julian
Bethany Kane
Samantha Kane
Tonya Kappes
Marteeka Karland
Jillian Kent
Beth Kery
Kimberly Killion
Emma Lang
Kayce Lassiter
Rosemary Laurey
Jade Lee
Mary Lennox
Michelle Levigne
Angela S. Lewis
Elise Logan
Kathy Lyons
Robyn Mackenzie
Donna MacMeans
Morgan Malone
Missy Martine
Janie Mason
Zenina Masters
Kelsey Maxwell
Janice Maynard
D. McEntire
LuAnn McLane
Linda McMaken
P.J. Mellor
Monette Michaels
Rae Morgan
Jeanette Murray
Nancy Naigle
Kerri Nelson
Alison Paige
lori perkins
Anne Rainey
Tracy L. Ranson
KJ Reed
Zenobia Renquist
Donna Richards
Moira Rogers
Melanie Rohman
Chandra Ryan
Emily Ryan-Davis
Jayne Rylon
J.A. Saare
Patricia Sargeant
Jan Scarbrough
Rayna Scherer
Cat Shaffer
Lena Shane
Linnea Sinclair
Nalini Singh
Arianna Skye
Liane Gentry Skye
Sydney Somers
Bianca Sommerland
Rosalie Stanton
Angela Steed
Keri Stevens
Trixie Stilletto
Sandy Sullivan
K.G. Summers
Judi Thoman
Tracy Tramonte
Karen Troxel
J.R. Turner
Paige Tyler
Renee Vincent
Robert Wacaster
Shiloh Walker
Barbara Westbrook
Gwen Williams
Beth Williamson
Christina Wolfer
Tianna Xander
Wendi Zwaduk

 

PLEASE say hello to Shiloh Walker!

 

And if you run into Anya Bast, would you her to tell her publisher that her readers need need need the series list to be in order on the page list. Every single book it's in different order. It makes my head hurt.

 

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Got Books?

 


TiggerBear wrote:

 


becke_davis wrote:

 


maxcat wrote:

Yeah, it's easy to do. Just visit authors on the mystery thread during a month and Becke will send out books, pens, compasses, bookmarks, etc. Did I cover it all, Becke?


 

Max - a lot of authors know I pass out their promo items to you all, so when I go to meetings and conferences, many of them load me up with goodies for you all.

 

I mainly got mystery magazines and bookmarks at Left Coast Crime - plus the pens and G.M. Malliet's clips - but I'm sure I'll be collecting a lot more when I go to Lori Foster's Reader and Author Get Together in June. My daughter is coming to that, too. It's here in Cincinnati - it's a fabulous event because readers can mingle with some really great authors, and there are TONS of raffle baskets. 

 

It only costs $50 to register which is a LOT less than most conferences, and that's for the whole three days (it includes 4 meals, plus you get a tote bag and free books when you register).

 

Here is the link: 

http://www.lorifoster.com/community/readergettogether.php

 

And here's a list of the authors who are attending (so far - registration is open through mid-May). I've highlighted names of authors you may have come across here at BN.com - there are romance, paranormal, YA, erotica and mystery authors (so far!).

 

Author List for Reader Author Get Together

Lori Foster
L.L. Foster
Dianne Castell
Duffy Brown

Patricia McLinn
Kimberly Adkins
C.H. Admirand
Lacey Alexander
Maeve Alpin
Cornelia Amiri
Liz Andrews
Camille Anthony
Cynthia Arsuaga
Mike Arsuaga
Nickie Asher
Sidney Ayers
Robyn Bachar
D. Renee Bagby
Becky Barker
Maddy Barone
Anya Bast
Drea Becraft
Dana Marie Bell
Jules Bennett
Jacki Bentley
Trinity Blacio
Brit Blaise
Toni Blake
Gale Borger
Cheryl Brooks
Sherry Burkett
Monica Burns
Mary Burton
Virginia Cavanaugh
Sam Cheever
Lisa Cooke
Paige Cuccaro
Kristin Daniels
Gia Dawn
Virna De Paul
Genevieve Delacroix
Cherie Denis
Delilah Devlin
Lila DiPasqua
Gayle Donnelly
Kate Douglas
Cheryl Dragon
Gabriella Edwards
Cammie Eicher
Margaret Ethridge
Georgia Evans
Judi Fennell
Marie Force
Keri Ford
Madelyn Ford
J. Paulette Forshey
Evelynn Fox
Mari Freeman
Linda Gerber
Viola Grace
Jess Granger
Donna Grant
Denise Gwen
Regina Hart
Alexis Hart
Ruth J. Hartman
Leanna Renee Hieber
George Hughes
Layla Hunter
Aline Hunter
Myla Jackson
Mia Jae
Jennifer Jakes
Maddie James
Marcia James
Elle James
Billi Jean
Lisa Renee JOnes
Jambrea Jo Jones
Stephanie Julian
Bethany Kane
Samantha Kane
Tonya Kappes
Marteeka Karland
Jillian Kent
Beth Kery
Kimberly Killion
Emma Lang
Kayce Lassiter
Rosemary Laurey
Jade Lee
Mary Lennox
Michelle Levigne
Angela S. Lewis
Elise Logan
Kathy Lyons
Robyn Mackenzie
Donna MacMeans
Morgan Malone
Missy Martine
Janie Mason
Zenina Masters
Kelsey Maxwell
Janice Maynard
D. McEntire
LuAnn McLane
Linda McMaken
P.J. Mellor
Monette Michaels
Rae Morgan
Jeanette Murray
Nancy Naigle
Kerri Nelson
Alison Paige
lori perkins
Anne Rainey
Tracy L. Ranson
KJ Reed
Zenobia Renquist
Donna Richards
Moira Rogers
Melanie Rohman
Chandra Ryan
Emily Ryan-Davis
Jayne Rylon
J.A. Saare
Patricia Sargeant
Jan Scarbrough
Rayna Scherer
Cat Shaffer
Lena Shane
Linnea Sinclair
Nalini Singh
Arianna Skye
Liane Gentry Skye
Sydney Somers
Bianca Sommerland
Rosalie Stanton
Angela Steed
Keri Stevens
Trixie Stilletto
Sandy Sullivan
K.G. Summers
Judi Thoman
Tracy Tramonte
Karen Troxel
J.R. Turner
Paige Tyler
Renee Vincent
Robert Wacaster
Shiloh Walker
Barbara Westbrook
Gwen Williams
Beth Williamson
Christina Wolfer
Tianna Xander
Wendi Zwaduk

 

PLEASE say hello to Shiloh Walker!

 

And if you run into Anya Bast, would you her to tell her publisher that her readers need need need the series list to be in order on the page list. Every single book it's in different order. It makes my head hurt.

 


 

I will definitely be seeing Shiloh - I'll be sure to pass on your message!

 

Are you on Twitter? You can contact Anya Bast there: http://twitter.com/anyabast

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
Posts: 9,489
Registered: ‎02-12-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Got Books?

[ Edited ]

 


becke_davis wrote:

 


TiggerBear wrote:

 


becke_davis wrote:

 


maxcat wrote:

Yeah, it's easy to do. Just visit authors on the mystery thread during a month and Becke will send out books, pens, compasses, bookmarks, etc. Did I cover it all, Becke?


 

Max - a lot of authors know I pass out their promo items to you all, so when I go to meetings and conferences, many of them load me up with goodies for you all.

 

I mainly got mystery magazines and bookmarks at Left Coast Crime - plus the pens and G.M. Malliet's clips - but I'm sure I'll be collecting a lot more when I go to Lori Foster's Reader and Author Get Together in June. My daughter is coming to that, too. It's here in Cincinnati - it's a fabulous event because readers can mingle with some really great authors, and there are TONS of raffle baskets. 

 

It only costs $50 to register which is a LOT less than most conferences, and that's for the whole three days (it includes 4 meals, plus you get a tote bag and free books when you register).

 

Here is the link: 

http://www.lorifoster.com/community/readergettogether.php

 

And here's a list of the authors who are attending (so far - registration is open through mid-May). I've highlighted names of authors you may have come across here at BN.com - there are romance, paranormal, YA, erotica and mystery authors (so far!).

 

Author List for Reader Author Get Together

Lori Foster
L.L. Foster
Dianne Castell
Duffy Brown

Patricia McLinn
Kimberly Adkins
C.H. Admirand
Lacey Alexander
Maeve Alpin
Cornelia Amiri
Liz Andrews
Camille Anthony
Cynthia Arsuaga
Mike Arsuaga
Nickie Asher
Sidney Ayers
Robyn Bachar
D. Renee Bagby
Becky Barker
Maddy Barone
Anya Bast
Drea Becraft
Dana Marie Bell
Jules Bennett
Jacki Bentley
Trinity Blacio
Brit Blaise
Toni Blake
Gale Borger
Cheryl Brooks
Sherry Burkett
Monica Burns
Mary Burton
Virginia Cavanaugh
Sam Cheever
Lisa Cooke
Paige Cuccaro
Kristin Daniels
Gia Dawn
Virna De Paul
Genevieve Delacroix
Cherie Denis
Delilah Devlin
Lila DiPasqua
Gayle Donnelly
Kate Douglas
Cheryl Dragon
Gabriella Edwards
Cammie Eicher
Margaret Ethridge
Georgia Evans
Judi Fennell
Marie Force
Keri Ford
Madelyn Ford
J. Paulette Forshey
Evelynn Fox
Mari Freeman
Linda Gerber
Viola Grace
Jess Granger
Donna Grant
Denise Gwen
Regina Hart
Alexis Hart
Ruth J. Hartman
Leanna Renee Hieber
George Hughes
Layla Hunter
Aline Hunter
Myla Jackson
Mia Jae
Jennifer Jakes
Maddie James
Marcia James
Elle James
Billi Jean
Lisa Renee JOnes
Jambrea Jo Jones
Stephanie Julian
Bethany Kane
Samantha Kane
Tonya Kappes
Marteeka Karland
Jillian Kent
Beth Kery
Kimberly Killion
Emma Lang
Kayce Lassiter
Rosemary Laurey
Jade Lee
Mary Lennox
Michelle Levigne
Angela S. Lewis
Elise Logan
Kathy Lyons
Robyn Mackenzie
Donna MacMeans
Morgan Malone
Missy Martine
Janie Mason
Zenina Masters
Kelsey Maxwell
Janice Maynard
D. McEntire
LuAnn McLane
Linda McMaken
P.J. Mellor
Monette Michaels
Rae Morgan
Jeanette Murray
Nancy Naigle
Kerri Nelson
Alison Paige
lori perkins
Anne Rainey
Tracy L. Ranson
KJ Reed
Zenobia Renquist
Donna Richards
Moira Rogers
Melanie Rohman
Chandra Ryan
Emily Ryan-Davis
Jayne Rylon
J.A. Saare
Patricia Sargeant
Jan Scarbrough
Rayna Scherer
Cat Shaffer
Lena Shane
Linnea Sinclair
Nalini Singh
Arianna Skye
Liane Gentry Skye
Sydney Somers
Bianca Sommerland
Rosalie Stanton
Angela Steed
Keri Stevens
Trixie Stilletto
Sandy Sullivan
K.G. Summers
Judi Thoman
Tracy Tramonte
Karen Troxel
J.R. Turner
Paige Tyler
Renee Vincent
Robert Wacaster
Shiloh Walker
Barbara Westbrook
Gwen Williams
Beth Williamson
Christina Wolfer
Tianna Xander
Wendi Zwaduk

 

PLEASE say hello to Shiloh Walker!

 

And if you run into Anya Bast, would you her to tell her publisher that her readers need need need the series list to be in order on the page list. Every single book it's in different order. It makes my head hurt.

 


 

I will definitely be seeing Shiloh - I'll be sure to pass on your message!

 

Are you on Twitter? You can contact Anya Bast there: http://twitter.com/anyabast


 

Thanks.:smileyvery-happy:

 

Nope not on twitter. Tried sending a email direct to her publisher about the subject, to no avail.

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
Posts: 1,925
Registered: ‎01-27-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Got Books?

Becke:

 

We got home Saturday evening and there was my GOT BOOKS waiting for me. I loved opening the bag and finding all the goodies. The books look great and I am adding them to my TBR pile which continues to grow, of course! Thanks for all the bookmarks, newspapers and pens. It's like Christmas each time we get a package from you.

 

Thanks again!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Got Books?

I'm glad your package arrived safely, Eadie!

 

Some of you got a mystery magazine that's printed on newsprint rather than with a glossy cover (I'm blanking on the name of it). I was chatting with the editor/publisher, who had marked down the cover price to $3 a copy. When I explained that I was going to share them with you all, he loaded me up with a stack of them for free! Lots of great interviews/articles in them - enjoy!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
Posts: 2,237
Registered: ‎05-04-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Got Books?

I got my package today, becke. We didn't get much mail on Saturday, which made us suspect that our local mail carriers were convinced there was going to be a government shut down, so they had already planned to cut services. Anyway, I got the package today, which brought a major squee to my lips when I saw that you had included a Kerry Greenwood novel! :smileyvery-happy: Of course, the bookmarks and magazines are a definite plus as well. I don't know what I would do if I got ahold of one of those raffle baskets you were just discussing--I'd probably be bouncing off the walls! Look out, innocent bystanders! Hee Hee.

Oh, and I think the B& N G-nomes are at it again, as I was going to send you a pm, but the message segment has somehow disappeared from my page. I went back to my home page, and then went to the main page of B& N,  thinking it might be there. Nope. It usually pops up over to the right margin when I get into the mystery genre, but today it just isn't showing up.

So, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, very much.

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Got Books?

 


Fricka wrote:

I got my package today, becke. We didn't get much mail on Saturday, which made us suspect that our local mail carriers were convinced there was going to be a government shut down, so they had already planned to cut services. Anyway, I got the package today, which brought a major squee to my lips when I saw that you had included a Kerry Greenwood novel! :smileyvery-happy: Of course, the bookmarks and magazines are a definite plus as well. I don't know what I would do if I got ahold of one of those raffle baskets you were just discussing--I'd probably be bouncing off the walls! Look out, innocent bystanders! Hee Hee.

Oh, and I think the B& N G-nomes are at it again, as I was going to send you a pm, but the message segment has somehow disappeared from my page. I went back to my home page, and then went to the main page of B& N,  thinking it might be there. Nope. It usually pops up over to the right margin when I get into the mystery genre, but today it just isn't showing up.

So, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, very much.


 

Fricka - I'm glad you got your parcel safely. The Kerry Greenwood book was in the bag of goodies they gave us at LCC. I knew you were a fan so set it aside for you - hope it's one you haven't read yet!

 

As to the gnomes, they are definitely crawling out of the woodwork. I've had a lot of trouble signing in the last few days.