Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Re: The Long Quiche Goodbye

[ Edited ]

Some of the ladies in my book club just read

The Long Quiche Goodbye (Cheese Shop Mystery Series #1)  

You'll be happy to hear they loved it! 

We got into this long discussion about cozy covers (yours is a great one) and how they always have this element of "danger" or something that is off.  Yours has the knife in the quiche, of course.  Innocent, but...not.  Then, being us, we tried to discern if there was a skull pattern in the quiche! (There's not, not that we could tell.)

I was just looking at the cover again and decided the artist missed an opportunity to hang something from that back rack of sausages...another something that was "off."  No, I don't know what the something could be--not a skull...but depending on when and where and setting...you know, something like a Bat.  Or a Sock.  Something that might have been used in the mystery.  :smileyembarrassed:

Dang.  Now I'll have to read the book to see what should be hanging there!!!

Maria Schneider - My Nook Books
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Avery Aames & Kate Carlisle

[ Edited ]

I snitched these from Kate Carlisle's Facebook page!

Author
AveryAames

Maria, what a fun post.  Thanks for telling me about your book club. Thrilled you enjoyed the story. Now you've got me looking at the artwork!  LOL

~Avery

Author
AveryAames
0 Kudos

Re: Avery Aames & Kate Carlisle

Fun pictures to include.  Thanks, Becke!

My pal, Kate Carlisle, with the sweet smile.

~Avery

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Hi Avery, sorry I'm so late.

I just saw this this morning on AuthorBuzz

http://authorbuzz.com/dearreader/aames.shtml

Author
AveryAames
0 Kudos

Nice to see you here, Debbie.  :smileyhappy:

Avery

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Welcome Avery:

Just wanted to let you know that THE LONG QUICHE GOODBYE is at the top of my TBR pile for this week. I should be finished reading it before your next visit in June!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Correspondent
seasanddollar
0 Kudos

Hi--This is really a good blog.  I had downloaded a same of The Long Quich Goodbye on Friday before I found the blog.  Now I definitely know this is a book I have to read.  It looks like it's going to be a great Series.