Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Guest Blog by Author DEBRA WEBB!

[ Edited ]

Today we have a guest blog by author DEBRA WEBB!

Debra has been a guest here before during one of our Romantic Suspense features:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Mystery/DEBRA-WEBB-Day-20-Month-of-Romantic-Suspense/m-p/4831...

Her website is here: http://debrawebb.com/

She's on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=618226105

And she's on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/#!/debrawebbauthor

DEBRA WEBB, born in Alabama, wrote her first story at age nine and her first romance at thirteen. It wasn’t until she spent three years working for the military behind the Iron Curtain—and a five-year stint with NASA—that she realized her true calling. A collision course between suspense and romance was set.

Since then she has penned nearly 100 novels. The Faces of Evil is her debut thriller series. Visit Debra at www.debrawebb.com or write to her at PO Box 12485, Huntsville, AL, 35815.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author DEBRA WEBB!

[ Edited ]

Natalie Collins, Toni McGee Causey, Deborah LeBlanc and Debra Webb, all of Murdershewrites.com

MEET DEBRA WEBB

Debra Webb was born in Scottsboro, Alabama, to parents who taught her that anything is possible if you want it badly enough. She loved telling stories and began writing at age nine. Growing up on a farm in rural Alabama provided the wide open spaces and fertile ground for her vivid imagination.

When she met and married the man of her dreams Debra put her writing aside and tried some other occupations, including door-to-door sales, various factories and restaurants, a day care center, a hospital and a department store. Shortly after the birth of her first daughter Debra’s husband joined the military and she decided to go to college. Eventually the U.S. Army took them to Berlin, Germany, and Debra accepted a position as secretary in the commanding general's office. By 1985, they were back in the States, and her next major career move landed her at NASA in the Space Shuttle Program.

For more than a dozen years after returning to the States Debra and her family lived in a small Tennessee town where everyone knew everyone else. A few years after settling in Tennessee her second daughter was born. Though she hadn’t written in nearly two decades, in 1996 Debra took up writing again. With the support of her family and God’s blessing her dream of being published came true in March of 1999.

Debra’s life has come full circle now. She and her family, along with their three dogs, have moved back home to Alabama. As a multi-published, best selling author Debra writes spine-tingling romantic suspense for St. Martin’s Press and Harlequin Intrigue. She has just launched her first thriller series, the Faces of Evil, with the debut novel OBSESSION.

Debra is represented by literary agent Stephanie Kip Rostan of the Levine-Greenberg Agency (www.levinegreenberg.com).  For foreign rights requests please contact Beth Fisher ( efisher@levinegreenberg.com ).

Watch for Debra every other Tuesday on www.murdershewrites.com!

Murder She Writes :: Blog HOME

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

FEBRUARY 2012

More exciting news! OBSESSION is #7 on the Top 10 Indie Best Seller list for the second week in a row! Check it out at http://indiereader.com/the-list-where-indies-count/

I'm looking forward to spring. We've planted tulip and day lily bulbs. The tulips are peeking through the mulch. I can't wait to see them in bloom! We found flower boxes for my two favorite windows on the house. I'm so excited! I've always wanted flower boxes brimming with lots of pretty colors. I'll post pictures in the spring.    

POWER, the next Faces of Evil book, is coming March 16th. A little slower than I hoped but I'm working hard so please bear with me! Look for RAGE in May, then REVENGE in late June. Big news on the special Colby Agency  trilogy in May, June and July. Not only will it  herald in the 50th installment of the Colby Agency but the Colby Companion I annouced late last year will be included in the 50th book as my gift to you!

I want to say again how much I appreciate the continued support of all my loyal readers.Because of all of you I look forward to a hugely successful 2012!

As a special thanks, each quarter this year I will be giving away a one-year subscription to RT Book Reviews magazine! And in July as well as December I will be giving away a Nook! So if you haven't signed up for my newsletter yet, be sure to do so since I'll send out annoucements about those events.

You can follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/DebraWebbAuthor and on Facebook

athttps://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=618226105 And if you haven't gotten your copy of OBESSION and IMPULSE be sure to do so now! 

Look for a more news each month in 2012!

Deb

Watch for Debra every other Tuesday on www.murdershewrites.com!

becke_davis
0 Kudos
becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

OBSESSION  

Overview

OBSESSION makes the Top 10 Indie Best Seller List! The Faces of Evil series is my first Thriller series and I am loving the challenge. OBSESSION is the debut and IMPULSE is now available. These two stories are only the beginning! The series will span 12 stories.

Special Agent Jess Harris has spent more than a decade studying the many faces of evil. But in her determination to stop a heinous serial killer, she messed up, broke the rules, and it cost her everything. Now her career is in need of resuscitation and her love life is dead and buried. Jess jumps at the chance to escape her current reality and to advise on a case that has Birmingham, Alabama’s top cops stumped. The trouble is, the case forces Jess to confront all the reasons she put her hometown and her first love, Police Chief Dan Burnett, in her rearview mirror all those years ago.

Dan Burnett will do anything to find the four young women who have gone missing before it’s too late to save them—even if it means asking for help from the woman who has spent a decade avoiding him. Until recently he kept up with Jess’s career at Quantico. She’s the best at what she does and he needs her to help him solve this case. And just maybe, in the process, they can break down that brick wall she has built between them. Maybe they can even be more than friends again.

When a fifth girl goes missing without a break in the case, Jess questions her skill as a profiler and an investigator. Then the unthinkable happens. A startling personal message reveals that the crazed serial killer whose case she blew has followed her to Birmingham, adding a chilling twist to an already desperate situation, and time is swiftly running out.

Obsession.jpg
becke_davis
0 Kudos

The Colby Agency

chicago

Welcome to the Colby Agency, home of the most private investigations.  You’ll find Victoria and her staff of venerable investigators on the fourth floor of a grand old building just off Chicago’s glamorous Magnificent Mile. The Colby Agency has a reputation that spans more than two decades.  Look for the titles below at your favorite bookstore to share in the excitement of the one and only Colby Agency!

Click here for a free Colby Agency online read Operation: Second Honeymoon

CELEBRATING TEN YEARS OF THE COLBY AGENCY!!!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Going the Distance with a Series

by Debra Webb

I’ve written several stand-alone stories. I love stand-alone stories, but series are my heart. The characters become like family. The Colby Agency series I write for Harlequin Intrigue has stood the test of time, going into its twelfth year! As much as I enjoy the Colbys, I really wanted to do a more mainstream series where I could dig deeper with the characters and explore more chilling plot twists.

A certain character had been lounging around in my head for a while, just biding her time and waiting for her turn. Her name is Jessie Lee Harris and she has spent seventeen years working with the FBI. Her parents passed away when she was very young and she and her sister spent their formative years in foster homes. Upon graduating high school, Jess couldn’t wait to put her hometown of Birmingham, Alabama, in her rearview mirror. She and her high school sweetheart, Dan Burnett, left for college full of passion and with big dreams. But sometimes passion fizzles and dreams don’t always come true. Four years later Dan returned to Birmingham and Jess went on to become a celebrated profiler for the Bureau.

Fast-forward twenty years and things have changed again. Jess’s personal and professional life are crashing down around her. On administrative leave after a bumbled investigation that resulted in a suspected serial killer going free, Jess welcomes an unexpected invitation to escape from her current reality. Her expertise is needed on a case involving four missing young women. The problem is, the case is in Birmingham and the top cop is Chief of Police Dan Burnett.

Jess finds herself spiraling into the past that she’d thought she left behind. And if having sparks fly between her and Dan isn’t frustrating and distracting enough, the serial killer who got away has followed her to Birmingham!

As I brainstormed the series, I revisited a concept I had developed a few years ago called the Scales of Justice. The idea was to have a series where each book focused on a different level of that scale, beginning with the least heinous of intents. The Scales of Justice seemed to scream courtroom and that side of justice and that wasn’t where I wanted to go. After much consideration, I came up with the Faces of Evil. The stories are more about the motive for the crime than the crime itself. Of course, the goal is to solve the mystery and the case but in Jess’s opinion the crime is all about motive. The motive, she swears, will reveal the identity of the one committing the crime. This is Jess’s summation of evil:

Any act of evil committed by one or more persons against another is driven by motive. Every motive tells a unique personal story, painting a vivid picture that reveals the dark inner nature hidden beneath the image presented for the world to see. All of us possess a basic goodness, but we each also harbor the potential for evil. The choice not to cross that moral line ultimately separates the good from the bad. For those who cross that line life’s journey is forever altered. Where that journey begins and how far one drifts into the depths of depravity is fueled by desire and desperation. Some plummet directly into the deepest, blackest recesses of that hungry abyss. Others linger near that thin line, clinging to a rapidly unraveling thread of goodness while the darkness seduces them closer and closer until the thread snaps and evil is born.

As a writer, I found the concept immensely interesting. The Faces of Evil series will span twelve books and Jess and Dan will be the main protagonists for the entire series. Their personal relationship as well as their professional one will evolve over those twelve installments. There are several compelling secondary characters, like Sergeants Harper and Wells, who I adore! The ensemble cast gives the stories a sense of family and place. And though there is murder in every story, it’s discovering the motive which leads to the killer that I, and the characters, find the most exhilarating. But don’t be fooled by the puzzling mystery or the layers of suspense, each of the Faces of Evil stories are about the characters. The primary focus is Jess and Dan and how their work and everyday life impacts their determination to be strong and independent while coming to terms with the idea that neither is complete without the other.

Another cool and challenging aspect of the stories is that the next book takes up right where the last left off. I wanted to show the day-to-day life of these characters during and after the cases they investigate. I’m also working extra hard to create unique villains and plot twists. I’ll let the readers be the judge of whether I’m successful!

The release dates are on an intense schedule as well. OBSESSION was released at the end of October; IMPULSE came the first of December; POWER is out next month; and RAGE is set for early May!

I hope you’ll enjoy Jess and Dan’s journey!

Do you love series when it comes to books or do you prefer stand-alones? What’s your favorite book series?

Author
DebWebb
0 Kudos

Good morning!!!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Hi Deb, another Deb here to say hello Happy Friday and Welcome

I have read and loved many of your novels, the one's that still stick with me are 

Faceless 

Traceless 

Nameless    

they were soooooo good

New User
MaureenD525
0 Kudos

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your books.....:smileywink:

New User
doodles1437
0 Kudos

I am looking forward to reading your newest book ! I am now reading one, and love your writing ! :smileyhappy:  I didnt realize you have 100 books, thats amazing, congrats !! It also means I have alot of catching up to do !!

Happy Spring ~

Kym

Reader
deasuluna
0 Kudos

I love your books I can't wait to get your latest one to read!!

Reader
blonde_betty
0 Kudos

I can't wait for Power.  I'm loving the Faces of Evil series.  Congratulations on the continued success of Obsession!

~Toni

New User
Shelley51
0 Kudos

Big fan for a long time! srbagby50@gmail.com
Author
DebWebb
0 Kudos

Thanks, Maureen!

Author
DebWebb
0 Kudos

Thanks, everyone! I've written a lot of books but I have to say that the Faces of Evil is my fav series. OBSESSION will always hold a very special place in my heart! The series helped me get past the horrific tragedy I suffered in 2010!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

DebWebb wrote:

Good morning!!!

Good morning to you, too!