Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author DEBRA WEBB!

DebWebb wrote:

Thanks, everyone! I've written a lot of books but I have to say that the Faces of Evil is my fav series. OBSESSION will always hold a very special place in my heart! The series helped me get past the horrific tragedy I suffered in 2010!

Hi Deb! Speaking of all you've been through, I noticed your post on Facebook last night about an award you've been honored with. Would you tell us about that? Also, if it's not to traumatic for you to talk about it, some people may not realize what a rough time you've been through.

New User
Sadeyes
0 Kudos

I have all the Colby books. I read them over and over starting at the beginning. I LOVE them!!!!!!!!

New User
peanut01
0 Kudos

I love the Colby Series and always look forward to a new one.  It's been interesting to read about some of the same characters that are mentioned but the new ones that are added.  Debra Webb is one of my favorite authors and I read ALL her books! 

DeeAnn
becke_davis
0 Kudos

A big welcome to all of you who are visiting for the first time!

And, of course, I'm always happy to see familiar "faces" here, too!

New User
peanut01
0 Kudos

I love the Colby Agency books and all of Debra Webb's books!
DeeAnn
becke_davis
0 Kudos

peanut01 wrote:
I love the Colby Agency books and all of Debra Webb's books!

She's a wonderful author - not to mention, amazingly prolific!

Author
DebWebb
0 Kudos

Ah, Becke, it has been a rough time. I was injured in July 2010. I lost most of the use of my right arm and hand. And I'm righthanded! For a bit, I feared my career was over. I can't even describe how horrific the pain and physical therapy required as I healed was. It was a nightmare. And I'll be doing physical therapy at home the rest of my life to prevent losing what little use I do have. It has been tough.

The Warrior Woman Award was created by RT Book Reviews magazine as a way to honor the memory of L.A. Banks, an amazing woman and immensely talented author. The award was created to present to a real-life woman or a fictional heroine who demonstrated the same perseverance, courage and grace as L.A. Banks did throughout her life and especially at the end of her life. It is an incredible honor. I am stunned and humbled to be the first recipient.

New User
Freem06
0 Kudos

I would love to read your new book !

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Welcome Deb: Sorry to hear about your accident. How do you work on your computer or write your books? Do you have to use some type of dictation to text application? I have never read any of your books but OBSESSION is looking very good to me! Thanks for visiting with us and I wish you well in your recovery!
Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Deb tells me some of you are having trouble posting comments. Often this is a browser-related problem. Are you using Internet Explorer or Safari? Those don't always play well with BN.com. Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome seem to be more reliable here.

If you are having trouble signing in - for instance, if you get a message saying your name/password already exists - try creating a new sign in using a fake email address, such as "DebWebb@book.com." 

If neither of those tricks work, send me a message on Facebook (I'm assuming you won't be able to send me one here): https://www.facebook.com/becke.martin

So sorry about the sign in glitches - hope this helps!

Becke

P.S. The regulars here blame these problems on gremlins and gnomes!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

DebWebb wrote:

Ah, Becke, it has been a rough time. I was injured in July 2010. I lost most of the use of my right arm and hand. And I'm righthanded! For a bit, I feared my career was over. I can't even describe how horrific the pain and physical therapy required as I healed was. It was a nightmare. And I'll be doing physical therapy at home the rest of my life to prevent losing what little use I do have. It has been tough.

I can't imagine how difficult (and painful!) this has been for you! ((hugs))

The Warrior Woman Award was created by RT Book Reviews magazine as a way to honor the memory of L.A. Banks, an amazing woman and immensely talented author. The award was created to present to a real-life woman or a fictional heroine who demonstrated the same perseverance, courage and grace as L.A. Banks did throughout her life and especially at the end of her life. It is an incredible honor. I am stunned and humbled to be the first recipient.

Congratulations, Deb - you deserve it!

Here are a couple links about L.A. Banks:

http://www.mediabistro.com/galleycat/la-banks-has-died_b35564

http://www.theroot.com/views/la-banks-losing-literary-shape-shifter

http://themusescircle.blogspot.com/2011/10/la-banks-rip.html

Author
DebWebb
0 Kudos

Eadie! Thanks for stopping by! Yes, I use Dragon Speak. I hope you'll check out OBSESSION!

Author
DebWebb
0 Kudos

Thanks, Becke! I cry everytime I tell someone!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

DebWebb wrote:

Thanks, Becke! I cry everytime I tell someone!

I was afraid of that - which is why I was hesitant to bring it up. :-(

Author
DebWebb
0 Kudos

As emotional as it is for me, I am very proud to be likened in any way to the fabulous lady L.A. Banks!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Deb, that's quite an award Congrats!!!

Author
DebWebb
0 Kudos

It sure is! I'm so thrilled!

New User
Linda-Hankins
0 Kudos

Hello Debra,

I have not read to many of your books yet, only recently found you as an author. Started with Dirty. I do like to read series as this allows some characters to grow and to get to "know" them. Look forward toreading more of your books.

Reader 4
DebR97
0 Kudos

WOW this sounds like a great series I can't wait to read them! One of my favorite series was Lori Foster's Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor and I absolutely adored Dirty! will there be more Jackie Mercer?

Author
DebWebb
0 Kudos

Linda, be sure to check out my new series, beginning with OBSESSION, I think you'll like it! Thank you!