Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: What Are You Reading?

JacquelineSeewald wrote:

I just finished two new novels. One is a romantic suspense Western thriller, the other a sensual romance set in the Georgian period. I will have to see about connecting with an agent. Hopefully, there will be some interest in these novels.

That's really exciting! What has led you to write in these additional genres?

New User
makeminemystery
0 Kudos

HI Jacqueline.  Great post as always.  Although I enjoy humorous mysteries which is the genre that I write, my library contains an eclectic group of books.  Sometimes when I read, my brain goes into editing mode, but a really great book lets me escape and before I know it, I've finished the book and made nary a note. 

becke_davis
0 Kudos

makeminemystery wrote:

HI Jacqueline.  Great post as always.  Although I enjoy humorous mysteries which is the genre that I write, my library contains an eclectic group of books.  Sometimes when I read, my brain goes into editing mode, but a really great book lets me escape and before I know it, I've finished the book and made nary a note. 

Hi! Just a note to Jacqueline's mystery writer friends - we'd love to know what you write! Click "Add Product" (below "Spell Check" in the new comment box) to include links and images of your books.

Thanks!

Author
JacquelineSeewald
0 Kudos

Hi, Becke,

You always ask insightful questions. My mysteries generally have a strong romantic element because I do love romantic fiction. Conversely, my romance novels have a strong element of mystery. Example of this is TEA LEAVES AND TAROT CARDS, an historical romantic suspense. It's a novel that is strongly sensual but a mystery as well. Readers seem to like it. Jayne Ann Krentz endorsed the novel.

DEATH LEGACY is a strong romance but also a strong mystery thriller. These elements balance each other. The nicest compliment I've received from a reader so far is that the novel kept him up into the late hours because he couldn't put it down.

Author
JacquelineSeewald
0 Kudos

Have to say I love humor in mystery fiction! I always include some in my novels as well. I believe mystery fiction should be entertaining and enjoyable, a balance between the serious and humorous like life itself.

Thanks for mentioning this important element of mystery writing!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

JacquelineSeewald wrote:

Hi, Becke,

You always ask insightful questions. My mysteries generally have a strong romantic element because I do love romantic fiction. Conversely, my romance novels have a strong element of mystery. Example of this is TEA LEAVES AND TAROT CARDS, an historical romantic suspense. It's a novel that is strongly sensual but a mystery as well. Readers seem to like it. Jayne Ann Krentz endorsed the novel.

DEATH LEGACY is a strong romance but also a strong mystery thriller. These elements balance each other. The nicest compliment I've received from a reader so far is that the novel kept him up into the late hours because he couldn't put it down.

I'm always fascinated when authors are able to write in multiple genres. HUGE congratulations on Jayne Ann Krentz' endorsement!!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Jacqueline/Jacquie - Thank you so much for a great blog and for visiting with us today! Have a wonderful weekend!

Author
JacquelineSeewald
0 Kudos

Becke,

Thanks so much for inviting me to guest blog at the B&N Mystery Forum. It's been a pleasure.

Wishing everyone a happy Mother's Day. As for me,  I hope to receive at least one book as a gift.

New User
earlstaggs
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Jacqueline Seewald

I read mostly short stories, Jacqueline, because my reading time comes in short bursts. I read novels, too, but each one seems to take forever.  My reading preference, naturally, is Mystery, Suspense, Thriller or a combination thereof. 

SHORT STORIES OF EARL STAGGS now available in ebook. Read "The Day I Almost Became a Great Writer" at earlwstaggs.wordpress.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

JacquelineSeewald wrote:

Becke,

Thanks so much for inviting me to guest blog at the B&N Mystery Forum. It's been a pleasure.

Wishing everyone a happy Mother's Day. As for me,  I hope to receive at least one book as a gift.

Books are the best gift ever!

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Jacqueline Seewald

Hi, Jacqueline, very nice blog about what we read and the authors we pick. I tend to have my favorites but I'm also willing to try out a new author here and there.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost