Reply
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,678
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author JEAN HARRINGTON!


JeanHarrington wrote:

Oh my gosh, yes, Becke, I will be actively talking about my books for the next several months. Though I will amend that to say in Florida only--at least at this point.  I'm working with several of my RWA writing friends to be on an e-book panel.  A local bookstore has asked for us, and we'd love to bring the panel discussion to our B & N store here in town as well.  Also the Southwest Florida chapter of RWA is sponsoring a writing conference in Estero on February 24 and 25.  I'll be there with handouts and good words, if not actual paper books, and the same at the Ft. Myers Reading Festival in March.  On February 20, I'll be at my community authors' Day, and In April I'll be a panelist at a Day of Dessert and Death planned for the Bonita Springs Library,

 

So 'tis the season in Florida, always a busy time.  And this year more so than ever.    


Ooh, Jean - We love to hear about anything happening at bricks-and-mortar B&N stores here. Could you share the details of your B&N panel discussion - where and when? Thanks!

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,678
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author JEAN HARRINGTON!


JeanHarrington wrote:

Becke, Am I a "panster" or a "plotter?"  A little of both.  I like to have an outline--rough, not a classic  format that gives me the main plot points, so I know where I'm heading with the story.  I've written book outlines of perhaps 19 pages.  However, I've found that once begun, the story takes over.  The characters go down paths I hadn't anticipated--they have sex too soon, or too late--they killl their lovers, whether they should or shouldn''t--without telling me ahead of time.  Stuff like that.  But surprises  are what make the creative process so exciting.  Writing a book is NOT like shoveling coal into a furnace.  The writer isn't an engineer, he's an imagineer.


I love that last line!!!

Author
JeanHarrington
Posts: 54
Registered: ‎01-05-2012
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author JEAN HARRINGTON!

Becke, As I mentioned, we'd love to bring our panel discussion to our local B & N, so the panel coordinator is working on that possibility for an afternoon this season.  Will keep you posted.

Jean Harrington
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,678
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author JEAN HARRINGTON!


JeanHarrington wrote:

Becke, As I mentioned, we'd love to bring our panel discussion to our local B & N, so the panel coordinator is working on that possibility for an afternoon this season.  Will keep you posted.


Fabulous! Come back and tell us when it's all set up!

Author
JeanHarrington
Posts: 54
Registered: ‎01-05-2012
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author JEAN HARRINGTON!

 

Becke and All, Here is the information about the B & N author panel as part of the Southwest Florida Reading Festival.  Sci-fi author, Linnea Sinclair, whose book The Down-Home Zombie Blues is being made into a major motion picture will moderate the panel.  Alas, however, I have been given another assignment and won't be able to attend the B & N discussion.  It will be lively!  Details below. 

 

All You Ever Wanted
to Know About E-Publishing

Barnes and Noble, Daniels Fort Myers
Presented by Southwest Florida Romance Writers Association

This lively discussion for both readers and writers will feature a panel of four authors with moderator, Linnea Sinclair. Free. For details contact cwestcott@embarqmail.com or call Chris at 239-731-0305 or visit www.SWFRW.org

Jean Harrington
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,678
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author JEAN HARRINGTON!


JeanHarrington wrote:

 

Becke and All, Here is the information about the B & N author panel as part of the Southwest Florida Reading Festival.  Sci-fi author, Linnea Sinclair, whose book The Down-Home Zombie Blues is being made into a major motion picture will moderate the panel.  Alas, however, I have been given another assignment and won't be able to attend the B & N discussion.  It will be lively!  Details below. 

 

All You Ever Wanted
to Know About E-Publishing

Barnes and Noble, Daniels Fort Myers
Presented by Southwest Florida Romance Writers Association

This lively discussion for both readers and writers will feature a panel of four authors with moderator, Linnea Sinclair. Free. For details contact cwestcott@embarqmail.com or call Chris at 239-731-0305 or visit www.SWFRW.org


Thanks so much for the update, Jean!

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,678
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author JEAN HARRINGTON!

Here's an update from Jean:

 

She's been invited to join a B&N panel discussion, which is being held in conjunction with the Southwest Florida Reading Festival.  The panel will be held on Sunday, March 11, at 2 p.m. in the Barnes & Noble Book Store on Daniels Road, Ft. Myers, Florida.

 

 

 

 

Panelists will include prize-winning sci-fi author Linnea Sincalir, mystery author Jean Harrington and romance novelist Lynnette Hallberg.  The panelists will discuss writing life and the impact of ebooks on both writers and readers.  Questions will be welcomed.

Author
JeanHarrington
Posts: 54
Registered: ‎01-05-2012
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author JEAN HARRINGTON!

Hi Becke and All, As for the Southwest Reading Festival panel at B & N on March 11th, I will be on it after all.  Yippee!  May have blogged this info already, if so do excuse the repetition.  I've been a scrolling fool as of late.  Anyway, I will be on the panel at the B & N store, Daniels Parkway, Ft. Myers, Florida, Sunday the 11th from 2 to 4. Along with Linnea Sinclair, renowned sci-fi author and Lynnette Hallberg who writes delightful romance.  We'll be talking about the rise of e-publishing and its effect on books and readers in general.  Maybe I'll find a chance to talk about my recent e-book and audio release, cozy mystery, Designed for Death.  Maybe I'll even be able to squeeze in the fact that my heroine is an interior designer who knows the devil's in the details--but not that this devil is after her.  Ha! 

 

On Saturday, the Southwest Florida chapter of RWA held an awesome two-day conference on writing and pubbling.  We were told that of the various panels that will be held around the area to highlight the annual March Reading Festival, the one at B & N, because of its emphasis on e-publishing, has had the most inquiries.  So we're all excited.   Maybe we'll see you at B & N or if not, at the awesome annual Southwest Florida Reading Festival which will be held on March 17th at the Ft. Myers Harborside Event Center.   (This is kind of a dense post, but there's so much going on around here lately, and I wanted you to know of it.) .     

Jean Harrington
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,678
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author JEAN HARRINGTON!


JeanHarrington wrote:

Hi Becke and All, As for the Southwest Reading Festival panel at B & N on March 11th, I will be on it after all.  Yippee!  May have blogged this info already, if so do excuse the repetition.  I've been a scrolling fool as of late.  Anyway, I will be on the panel at the B & N store, Daniels Parkway, Ft. Myers, Florida, Sunday the 11th from 2 to 4. Along with Linnea Sinclair, renowned sci-fi author and Lynnette Hallberg who writes delightful romance.  We'll be talking about the rise of e-publishing and its effect on books and readers in general.  Maybe I'll find a chance to talk about my recent e-book and audio release, cozy mystery, Designed for Death.  Maybe I'll even be able to squeeze in the fact that my heroine is an interior designer who knows the devil's in the details--but not that this devil is after her.  Ha! 

 

On Saturday, the Southwest Florida chapter of RWA held an awesome two-day conference on writing and pubbling.  We were told that of the various panels that will be held around the area to highlight the annual March Reading Festival, the one at B & N, because of its emphasis on e-publishing, has had the most inquiries.  So we're all excited.   Maybe we'll see you at B & N or if not, at the awesome annual Southwest Florida Reading Festival which will be held on March 17th at the Ft. Myers Harborside Event Center.   (This is kind of a dense post, but there's so much going on around here lately, and I wanted you to know of it.) .     


Hi Jean - I don't think any of our "vocal" regulars live in Florida, but I'm sure some of our quiet participants do. Hopefully some of them will let you know they heard about your B&N panel here on the Mystery Forum!