becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author MOLLY MACRAE

Molly_MacRae wrote:
Wow, dark as night and the wind is blowing. We need the rain, but this is more like a car wash!

Send some my way - we could use a little rain!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Molly_MacRae wrote:

I'm in the children's department at one of the busiest public libraries in the country. We are a hopping, happening place! On Sundays, people are lined up waiting to get in when we open. Uh oh, it's suddenly pouring rain - must go close windows!

Stay dry, Molly!

Author
Molly_MacRae
0 Kudos

The clouds parted, I walked to work, and now it's raining and thundering again - a nice sound here at the library. If any of your readers are in the central Illinois area, stop by the Champaign Public Library. Look for the desk with the changing colored lights and you'll probably find me!
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Molly_MacRae wrote:
The clouds parted, I walked to work, and now it's raining and thundering again - a nice sound here at the library. If any of your readers are in the central Illinois area, stop by the Champaign Public Library. Look for the desk with the changing colored lights and you'll probably find me!

I'd love to drop in and visit with you - too bad I'm several hours away!

Author
Molly_MacRae
0 Kudos

But someday you'll be driving through or passing nearby and suddenly need to see a lot of books. Stop in when that happens. Home from work now - got absolutely drenched on the way back.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Molly_MacRae wrote:
But someday you'll be driving through or passing nearby and suddenly need to see a lot of books. Stop in when that happens. Home from work now - got absolutely drenched on the way back.

I hope you're nice and dry now!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Author
Molly_MacRae
0 Kudos

Oh yes, and that picture looks exactly like me!
Author
Molly_MacRae
0 Kudos

The giant LIBRARY is on one corner of the library grounds. Really cool. Also scary when kids climb up on the letters and jump from one to another. The outside of the building - seen in the picture on the right - isn't the most charming. The inside is great, though. The views from the upstairs windows are beautiful.
Author
Molly_MacRae
0 Kudos

Thanks for having me here at B&N Mystery Book Club, Becke! Hope to see you again at Magna or Malice.
Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

Hi, Molly.

Sorry I'm a  bit late in joining the party here. Think I saw your latest book on sale a couple of days ago, and now I wish I'd bought it! Well, it's on my TBR list, anyway. Not sure if I've read some of your short stories published in the Alfred Hitchcock magazines or not-- I do buy those sporadiacally, but am not always great in remembering the authors' names of individual stories. Anyhoo, top o' the mornin' to you!

P.S. Loved the pic of you and your cat. He(or she) looked like he was doing a yoga flex on that one paw, heh heh.

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Molly, I spin blue face leicester wool. It's soft and takes to spinning so well. I received a 2-lb bag of it in it's natural color of white when I bought the spinning wheel and have ordered another bag of it. It's just great to work with.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Author
Molly_MacRae
0 Kudos

Hi Fricka - sorry to be so late in answering you. Glad to hear from you and always glad to hear the book is on someone's TBR pile! The cat in the picture is a charmer, isn't he? He was a stray who leapt into my arms and purred up a storm when we were visiting California. My husband snapped the picture. I hope that cat is sitting somewhere in the warm sun today, dreaming of fish!
Author
Molly_MacRae
0 Kudos

Dear Distinguished - cool! I bought my mother (who was a spinner and weaver) a black fleece for her birthday one year. I love the names of sheep. Blue face Leicester is one of my favorites. In the second Haunted Yarn Shop mystery - Dyeing Wishes - there are Cotswalds. Happy spinning!
Author
Molly_MacRae
0 Kudos

I'm typing this at work and have trouble reading my computer screen sometimes - I should have said Dear Maxcat instead of Dear Wordsmith in the previous reply. (I should also enlarge the text on my screen!)
Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

Molly_MacRae wrote:
Hi Fricka - sorry to be so late in answering you. Glad to hear from you and always glad to hear the book is on someone's TBR pile! The cat in the picture is a charmer, isn't he? He was a stray who leapt into my arms and purred up a storm when we were visiting California. My husband snapped the picture. I hope that cat is sitting somewhere in the warm sun today, dreaming of fish!

Actually, I should be thanking YOU, Molly, for checking back in here and reading my post! I plan to buy your book after my next paycheck comes in--I've been reading lots of postive blurbs about it, including one from Lesa of Lesa's book critiques. LOVED your guest blog there, "Putting the Woo-Woo in Wool", where you ran a conversation between yourself and the "ghost" in your book! I giggled my way through reading that!

About the cat in the picture with you-- I can hardly believe that cat is/was a stray. I also hope he is somewhere dozing in the warm sun, and maybe sleeping off his last meal of fish!

Note to our forum readers:

If you'd like to read Molly's guest blog on Lesa's site, go to Lesa'sbookcritiques.blogspot.com

I tried to copy the address for a link, but either her address is on a no copy zone, or my ability to get the copy down is not working today. Anyway, to get to Molly's blog, scroll past "Sandie's Evlevator Pitch" and Lesa's review of Molly's book. But if you're like me, you might want to read the first two articles before you get to Molly's blog.

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie