Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author Mitzi Szereto!

AuthorMitzi wrote:

eadieburke wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Here's some tea and biscuits to tide you over until Mitzi is able to sign in. I think she's posting from England, so there's a time difference of five or six hours.

I'm in Chicago - I'll be off the computer for long stretches again today, so I really hope Mitzi is able to get in now. If she does, please give her a huge welcome!

Thanks! And now - tea time!

I'm having Earl Gray and bread pudding. For real - lol

We're hiding out in the States right now. But we have been plagued with phone and internet issues too. I think those gremlins are really after us. Maybe we'd better call in the Clark brothers!

Bread pudding - yum!!

Author
AuthorMitzi
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

There, There, Mitzi.(Hug).  You are doing fine! Your messages did get out before, but I for one did not mind reading your responses again!

Also, please let us know as soon as you can about where you might be appearing for book signings. I am crossing my fingers that you'll be heading west to a certain mystery bookstore located in Scottsdale, Arizona, although that is probably too much to hope for.

If you do go to the mountain areas, be sure to pack some head warming gear for Teddy Tedaloo, although being a bear, he should enjoy the cooler climes without extra clothes, now that I think about it. I don't suppose you can tell us WHERE your next book will be set -- or can you? What about a hint, hmmmmm?

Teddy has a ton of warm clothes from England. And he hasn't been able to wear any of them in Florida. In fact, he's complaining that he needs more cooler clothes. Hopefully our next destination will allow him to wear his cozier gear! 

As for appearances, anything is possible! I might be doing some events here in the south, but I'm also looking at a visit to LA at some point, and I imagine I'll do some event(s) if I'm in town - it's always down to scheduling, since it is not so easy to commit very far in advance!

I'd love to do Scottsdale, especially if it isn't in summer! If I'm out west, it's always a possibility! I do like road trips!

As for the next Thelonious T. Bear book's setting, it's top secret, sorry! ;-)

Author
AuthorMitzi
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

AuthorMitzi wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

I'm back!!! Thanks so much for helping Mitzi in my absence. My granddaughter is here!!!!

We were at the hospital for 7 hours on Wednesday when the water began to leak. It was very nerve-wracking! They finally decided it was safe to discharge the mama and baby-to-be. Yesterday started out quietly but Adaline decided to make her debut before her due date. She arrived at 4:09 a.m. today.

I'll post more on another thread.

Sorry you had so many hassles signing in, Mitzi! I'll get you set up with an "author" tag right away!

Congratulations!! I guess that's a fairly good excuse why you weren't online here! :smileytongue:

The baby wasn't due until next week - I had warned everyone I might vanish for a day or two when the baby came, but I didn't expect it to be THIS week!

I doubt babies are too bothered about being on time or late!

Author
AuthorMitzi
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

eadieburke wrote:

Welcome Mitzi:

Enjoyed your blog - love the bears! I will have to check out Normal for Norfolk - looks very interesting!

Enjoy your visit with us!

Ditto. Enjoyed the video of your visit to the Hugglets festival, Mitzi, as I'm a Teddy Bear collector myself, and actually had some recognition of th bear faces shown as the camera was panning around some of the stands. You did a good interviewing job, too, Mitzi. I get aggravated at journalists who interview someone whose bailiwick they are not familiar with, nor, really interested in, as their questions show they didn't bother to do their homework. I thought your questions showed that you did have an interest in the person and the subject matter, in this case, Teddy Bears. Also the pictures of you and Teddy Tedaloo are spectacular. I'm quite looking forward to reading Normal for Norfolk now!

P.S. Have you given any thought to you and T.T. taking a trip to the U.S., and attending some of the Teddy Bear shows there?

I am sure I replied to this, and the answer is somewhere in the post! 

Author
AuthorMitzi
0 Kudos

Hello everyone! Thanks for your kind comments and queries. I did answer everyone, but the gremlins didn't post all my replies beneath the posts. I tried to re-post them again - some worked, some didn't. Anyway, just hunt and you'll find my reply. Look upon it as a who-dunnit! :smileylol:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

AuthorMitzi wrote:

Fricka wrote:

There, There, Mitzi.(Hug).  You are doing fine! Your messages did get out before, but I for one did not mind reading your responses again!

Also, please let us know as soon as you can about where you might be appearing for book signings. I am crossing my fingers that you'll be heading west to a certain mystery bookstore located in Scottsdale, Arizona, although that is probably too much to hope for.

If you do go to the mountain areas, be sure to pack some head warming gear for Teddy Tedaloo, although being a bear, he should enjoy the cooler climes without extra clothes, now that I think about it. I don't suppose you can tell us WHERE your next book will be set -- or can you? What about a hint, hmmmmm?

Teddy has a ton of warm clothes from England. And he hasn't been able to wear any of them in Florida. In fact, he's complaining that he needs more cooler clothes. Hopefully our next destination will allow him to wear his cozier gear! 

As for appearances, anything is possible! I might be doing some events here in the south, but I'm also looking at a visit to LA at some point, and I imagine I'll do some event(s) if I'm in town - it's always down to scheduling, since it is not so easy to commit very far in advance!

I'd love to do Scottsdale, especially if it isn't in summer! If I'm out west, it's always a possibility! I do like road trips!

As for the next Thelonious T. Bear book's setting, it's top secret, sorry! ;-)

What does Thelonious T. Bear think of Paddington Bear? Are they mates, or don't they hang out in the same crowd?

becke_davis
0 Kudos

AuthorMitzi wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

AuthorMitzi wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

I'm back!!! Thanks so much for helping Mitzi in my absence. My granddaughter is here!!!!

We were at the hospital for 7 hours on Wednesday when the water began to leak. It was very nerve-wracking! They finally decided it was safe to discharge the mama and baby-to-be. Yesterday started out quietly but Adaline decided to make her debut before her due date. She arrived at 4:09 a.m. today.

I'll post more on another thread.

Sorry you had so many hassles signing in, Mitzi! I'll get you set up with an "author" tag right away!

Congratulations!! I guess that's a fairly good excuse why you weren't online here! :smileytongue:

The baby wasn't due until next week - I had warned everyone I might vanish for a day or two when the baby came, but I didn't expect it to be THIS week!

I doubt babies are too bothered about being on time or late!

We were very happy she came early - my daughter was visiting from Orlando, and had to return to Florida today. If Adaline came on her due date, my daughter would have missed seeing her!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Mitzi - I'm sorry your "author" tag hasn't shown up yet. I did put in a request a few days ago, so hopefully it will show up under your name soon.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for visiting with us, Mitzi!

Thank You flowers