Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
missfarin
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author REBECCA CANTRELL!

Cantrell wrote:

Farin and Becke,

Sorry to torture you!

Bwahahahahahaha!

(wait, that's not too convincing, is it?) :smileyhappy:

Rebecca

::smirk::

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Cantrell wrote:

Wow! Thanks!

I have a short story in the "Missing" anthology:

http://www.amazon.com/Missing-Barbra-Annino/dp/1590806115/ref=la_B001MOS172_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=13425313...

But other than that, I haven't been writing them lately. I've been too busy with novels.

Thanks for posting iDrakula! That was a fun book/app. I'm writing a sequel, iFrankenstein, for Halloween release too!

Rebecca

Cool! Let me know when it's available - I'll add the link to this thread.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

missfarin wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

I always have to mentally gird myself before reading stories set in WWII Europe - particularly those set in Germany. The suspense and tension is already in my head, so when I start reading everything is more nerve-wracking. I'm a nervous wreck before I'm halfway through the book! Rebecca's Hannah Vogel books are so vivid I feel like I'm there. 

I know! I've felt that way ever since Book 1. Rebecca is really great at both setting the scene and putting her characters in genuinely precarious situations. I was lucky to get an advance copy of A CITY OF BROKEN GLASS, and I spent eh majority of the book in a state of high anxiety---but in a good way!

Yep, I'm the same way!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Cantrell wrote:

Farin and Becke,

Sorry to torture you!

Bwahahahahahaha!

(wait, that's not too convincing, is it?) :smileyhappy:

Rebecca

And you do it so well...

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hi, Rebecca, I can't answer your question about Lars as I've never read any of your books. Shame on me! Your blog was wonderful and I do hope to see your books in a bookstore soon.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Author
Cantrell
0 Kudos

Thank you! The books are definitely in bookstores, especially this week.

Happy reading!

Rebecca

Rebecca Cantrell
"A City of Broken Glass"
July 2012, Forge Books
Author
Cantrell
0 Kudos

Farin and Becke,

Here's something nice for Hannah and Lars.

I consider  "Someone to Watch Over Me" by Dakota Statton their theme song.

Here's a link to a performance on YouTube, courtesy of JungleRedWriters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu_XysAxKog&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL89167CA5CB48D965

Rebecca Cantrell
"A City of Broken Glass"
July 2012, Forge Books
becke_davis
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Hi, Rebecca, I can't answer your question about Lars as I've never read any of your books. Shame on me! Your blog was wonderful and I do hope to see your books in a bookstore soon.

Rebecca's books are almost always stocked in B&N stores as well as online. You should find the new one on a New Releases display rack.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Cantrell wrote:

Farin and Becke,

Here's something nice for Hannah and Lars.

I consider  "Someone to Watch Over Me" by Dakota Statton their theme song.

Here's a link to a performance on YouTube, courtesy of JungleRedWriters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu_XysAxKog&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL89167CA5CB48D965

What a beautiful version! Has there been any interest in this series from Hollywood? I can picture Hannah on the big screen! Who would you cast for her, if you had a choice?

Author
Cantrell
0 Kudos

There has been interest in the Hannah Vogel books for film or TV series in the US and Europe, but nothing definite yet.

I did a dream casting of the books over at My Book, The Movie (with pictures).

http://mybookthemovie.blogspot.de/2011/08/rebecca-cantrells-game-of-lies.html

Short answer for Hannah: Naomi Watts, Carice Van Houten, or Kate Winslet.

No sense in not dreaming big, after all!

Rebecca Cantrell
"A City of Broken Glass"
July 2012, Forge Books
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Cantrell wrote:

There has been interest in the Hannah Vogel books for film or TV series in the US and Europe, but nothing definite yet.

I did a dream casting of the books over at My Book, The Movie (with pictures).

http://mybookthemovie.blogspot.de/2011/08/rebecca-cantrells-game-of-lies.html

Short answer for Hannah: Naomi Watts, Carice Van Houten, or Kate Winslet.

No sense in not dreaming big, after all!

You know, now that you mention those names I remember we talked about this once before. My brain = a sieve.