Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Author
Rochelle_Staab
Posts: 51
Registered: ‎08-22-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author ROCHELLE STAAB!

Thank you, Eadie. I always feel at home here with Becke at B&N Mystery. I'm loving the Olympics too though most of my viewing is late night and early morning (or I wouldn't get anything done!)
I hope you enjoy reading Who Do, Voodoo?
Author
Rochelle_Staab
Posts: 51
Registered: ‎08-22-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author ROCHELLE STAAB!

Becke, I grin whenever I say Bruja Brouhaha out loud. But it's such a perfect description of the story. When you're finished reading it, let me know if you agree!
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
Posts: 4,012
Registered: ‎11-01-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author ROCHELLE STAAB!

Welcome, Rochelle, to the Forum. I loved your blog. Unfortunately, I've never read any of your books but will check them out.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
Posts: 2,237
Registered: ‎05-04-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author ROCHELLE STAAB!


becke_davis wrote:

Rochelle's website is here: http://www.rochellestaab.com/

 

She's on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/rochellestaab

 

Her Facebook page is here: https://www.facebook.com/rochelle.staab

 

And - hurray - look what I just found on Rochelle's Facebook page:

 

 

Here's another great picture of Rochelle with Janet Bolin and Krista Davis, two more authors who have visited the Mystery Forum:

 


Oooh, I loved those pictures, becke! Thanks for sharing! Rochelle is in good company there!

Rochelle, welcome back! Like Maxcat, I'm sorry to say I haven't read your books yet, but I'm planning to change that soon. I am a bit curious about your latest book, mainly about how to pronounce the title.

Is the "j" in bruja" pronounced like a "y", an "h", or something else?

I've had Who do, Voodoo on my TBR list for a while, and I guess I need to move that up a bit more now., as I'd like to read that before reading  Bruja Brouhaha.

PS. Enjoyed reading the interview on your blog, although if I had to choose between coffee and chocolate, I'd choose chocolate every time!

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
New User
LSheene
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎11-03-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author ROCHELLE STAAB!

Hi Rochelle,

 

Loved the blog and the questions and answers. 

 

Congratulations on the great reviews you've received on Bruja Brouhaha. I'm looking forward to getting a signed copy!

 

Lynn

Author
Rochelle_Staab
Posts: 51
Registered: ‎08-22-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author ROCHELLE STAAB!

I'm so glad you enjoyed the blog, Maxcat. If you do decide to read Who Do, Voodoo? or Bruja Brouhaha, I hope you enjoy them. I certainly had a lot of fun writing both novels!
~Rochelle
Author
Rochelle_Staab
Posts: 51
Registered: ‎08-22-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author ROCHELLE STAAB!

Fricka, since I became an author I found myself traveling in the most interesting company! What an honor to meet and get to know Becke, Hank, Janet, and Krista at Malice Domestic this year.

Thank you for the warm welcome back here at B&N Mystery. It took me a few weeks before "bruja" (a Mexican witch) rolled off my tongue in the correct Spanish pronunciation, "broo-HA".
The TBR pile is daunting, isn't it? Mine is slowly populating every flat surface in the house. When you do get around to Who Do, Voodoo? or Bruja Brouhaha, I do hope you enjoy the read.
And I know I'm in the minority on the chocolate vs. coffee choice. Honest truth? When I can I'll drink Café Mocha so I can enjoy both :smileyhappy:
~Rochelle
Author
Rochelle_Staab
Posts: 51
Registered: ‎08-22-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author ROCHELLE STAAB!

Lynn! So great to see you here. For those who don't know, Lynn Sheene is the author of the fabulous novel The Last Time I Saw Paris. Sex, Spies, Nazis, and Paris all rolled together in a thrilling tale of suspense.

Thank you for mentioning the reviews rolling in on Bruja Brouhaha. I'm thrilled at the response.

And your signed copy is closer than you know. I just might be signing in your neck of the woods in August. Details when I can confirm.
~Rochelle
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author ROCHELLE STAAB!

[ Edited ]

Fricka wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Rochelle's website is here: http://www.rochellestaab.com/

 

She's on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/rochellestaab

 

Her Facebook page is here: https://www.facebook.com/rochelle.staab

 

And - hurray - look what I just found on Rochelle's Facebook page:

 

 

Here's another great picture of Rochelle with Janet Bolin and Krista Davis, two more authors who have visited the Mystery Forum:

 


Oooh, I loved those pictures, becke! Thanks for sharing! Rochelle is in good company there!

Rochelle, welcome back! Like Maxcat, I'm sorry to say I haven't read your books yet, but I'm planning to change that soon. I am a bit curious about your latest book, mainly about how to pronounce the title.

Is the "j" in bruja" pronounced like a "y", an "h", or something else?

I've had Who do, Voodoo on my TBR list for a while, and I guess I need to move that up a bit more now., as I'd like to read that before reading  Bruja Brouhaha.

PS. Enjoyed reading the interview on your blog, although if I had to choose between coffee and chocolate, I'd choose chocolate every time!


Sorry, I took Spanish so many years I forgot to clarify - it's pronounced BROO-ha. It means "witch."

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author ROCHELLE STAAB!


LSheene wrote:

Hi Rochelle,

 

Loved the blog and the questions and answers. 

 

Congratulations on the great reviews you've received on Bruja Brouhaha. I'm looking forward to getting a signed copy!

 

Lynn


Hi Lynn - thanks so much for joining us!

 

The Last Time I Saw Paris  

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author ROCHELLE STAAB!


Rochelle_Staab wrote:

Becke,

 

I'm thrilled with the success of Who Do, Voodoo?—it hit the national best seller list on release and was nominated for four awards including the 2012 Anthony and Agatha for Best First Novel. And the launch of Bruja Brouhaha yesterday felt great!

 

There is definitely a third novel coming May 2013 in the Mind For Murder Mystery series. I'm sorry, Becke, I don't have a confirmed title yet but you KNOW it will have something to do with the supernatural.

 

~Rochelle

 


Let us know when you get a title - I'll share it here!

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author ROCHELLE STAAB!


Rochelle_Staab wrote:
Becke, I grin whenever I say Bruja Brouhaha out loud. But it's such a perfect description of the story. When you're finished reading it, let me know if you agree!

I'm loving it so far - no surprise there!

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
Posts: 1,925
Registered: ‎01-27-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author ROCHELLE STAAB!


becke_davis wrote:

LSheene wrote:

Hi Rochelle,

 

Loved the blog and the questions and answers. 

 

Congratulations on the great reviews you've received on Bruja Brouhaha. I'm looking forward to getting a signed copy!

 

Lynn


Hi Lynn - thanks so much for joining us!

 

The Last Time I Saw Paris  


Lynn: 

 

I want to read THE LAST TIME I SAW PARIS too! Love stories about WWII. This one looks really good! 

 

Thanks for visiting with us!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Author
RascallyRabbit
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎07-28-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author ROCHELLE STAAB!

Such a terrific interview about a terrific author.  Just love Liz.  I want to be her when I grow up.  So smart and savvy but I really love Liz and Nick together.  Such contrasting personalities and the subject is intelligent and fascinating.  Rochelle Staab is an author to watch!

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author ROCHELLE STAAB!


RascallyRabbit wrote:

Such a terrific interview about a terrific author.  Just love Liz.  I want to be her when I grow up.  So smart and savvy but I really love Liz and Nick together.  Such contrasting personalities and the subject is intelligent and fascinating.  Rochelle Staab is an author to watch!


I agree!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
Posts: 2,237
Registered: ‎05-04-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author ROCHELLE STAAB!

Thanks for the info on how to pronounce "bruja," Rochelle and becke. As I live in the Southwest, and work with a lot of Spanish-speaking people, I sort of wondered about the word, but didn't really recognize it as being Spanish.

Amyway, just wanted to say that one of the joys of being a member on this forum is getting the opportunity to chat with authors like Rochelle, especially when other authors like Lynn and Rascally Rabbit(whose pen name here I don't recognize, but I suspect becke does, hah!) chime in on the conversation.

Congratulations, also, to Rochelle on the successful sales of your books! Now I REALLY need to tend to my TBR pile!

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
Posts: 2,237
Registered: ‎05-04-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author ROCHELLE STAAB!

Annnd that should be anyway, not Amyway--blame it on the early morning, not-quite-awake-state I'm in while writing these posts. Plus, I wanted to add that it's funny that Rochelle explained that she does frequently drink Mocha, as I was going to ask if she ever combines Coffee and Chocolate. I do sometimes drink Mocha, but for me, that's more the way I want my coffee, while I think Rochelle drinks hers to get some chocolate! Heee Heee! :catlol:

:BTW, Rochelle, have you ever tried Mexican Hot Chocolate? I first tried that a few years ago at a Coffee Bar in the college cafeteria where I and my students were on a quick break. I have to say, it's a good thing it's so warm here most of the time, or I think I would make up an excuse to have that drink all the time!

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
New User
Beverly_D
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎01-17-2012
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author ROCHELLE STAAB!

Awesome interview. These books have been on my TBR list for a while, must move them up.

 

The next best thing to meeting and hanging out with smart people in person is hanging out with them in books, and I love the amount of research and respect Rochelle shows for her subject material here.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
Posts: 2,237
Registered: ‎05-04-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author ROCHELLE STAAB!


Beverly_D wrote:

Awesome interview. These books have been on my TBR list for a while, must move them up.

 

The next best thing to meeting and hanging out with smart people in person is hanging out with them in books, and I love the amount of research and respect Rochelle shows for her subject material here.


Welcome to our forum, Beverly. I see you are new to our forum, and it's always a pleasure to see a new name popping up. I already wanted to read Rochelle's books, but your comment about the amount of research she puts into her books makes me want to read them even more! Thanks for the heads up on that.

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author ROCHELLE STAAB!

I love to see new people here, too! If any of you are authors, please click "Add Product" so we can see your books!