Reply
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
Posts: 1,925
Registered: ‎01-27-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author SIMONE ST. JAMES!

Welcome Simone:

 

I love a good ghost story too! I have your book on order but it's not going to be delivered until next week. I was hoping to have it and read it before today. Oh well, I have something to look forward too!

 

Where do you get your ideas for your scary stories? Have you ever been scared to death in real life? Do you draw from personal experiences or do you just use your imagination?

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Author
SimoneStJames
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎03-06-2012
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author SIMONE ST. JAMES!


eadieburke wrote:

Welcome Simone:

 

I love a good ghost story too! I have your book on order but it's not going to be delivered until next week. I was hoping to have it and read it before today. Oh well, I have something to look forward too!

 

Where do you get your ideas for your scary stories? Have you ever been scared to death in real life? Do you draw from personal experiences or do you just use your imagination?


Hi Eadie,

 

I just write about what scares me - I assume if it scares me, it might scare readers as well.

 

I can't think of a time I've been scared to death in real life, but I've had a few nightmares over my life that I'd really rather forget! But nightmares can be useful to writers of scary books - after we wake up, that is.

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,679
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author SIMONE ST. JAMES!


SimoneStJames wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Simone - What's up next for you, another gothic or something different?


Becke, I have another gothic coming in March 2013. It's going to be titled "An Inquiry Into Love and Death." It features a whole new set of characters. I just turned the final version in to my editor and I'm very excited for readers to get their hands on it. No cover just yet, though!


I love the title, Simone! I'll definitely read this one, too.

 

By the way, I forgot to congratulate you on the release of your debut book!!

 

Author
SimoneStJames
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎03-06-2012
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author SIMONE ST. JAMES!

Thank you, Becke! It's been a great day!

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,679
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author SIMONE ST. JAMES!


SimoneStJames wrote:

Thank you, Becke! It's been a great day!


Are you going to be doing anything special to celebrate?

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,679
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author SIMONE ST. JAMES!

Thank you for sharing your release day with us, Simone!

 

Scribe
optic_i
Posts: 749
Registered: ‎06-26-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author SIMONE ST. JAMES!

Hi Simone,  How nice it is to be able to talk with you ! 

 

I just read the premise of your book. And I thought imagine a young women getting a call from a temp. agency, and ending up in a barn trying to talk to a ghost ! I loved it ! 

 

Have you ever felt that a ghost was around at some point in your life ?  

Author
SimoneStJames
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎03-06-2012
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author SIMONE ST. JAMES!


becke_davis wrote:



Are you going to be doing anything special to celebrate?


Well, I may have made my family take pictures of the book in their closest store and send them to me. I also may have dipped into my chocolate stash :smileyhappy:

Author
SimoneStJames
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎03-06-2012
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author SIMONE ST. JAMES!


optic_i wrote:

Hi Simone,  How nice it is to be able to talk with you ! 

 

I just read the premise of your book. And I thought imagine a young women getting a call from a temp. agency, and ending up in a barn trying to talk to a ghost ! I loved it ! 

 

Have you ever felt that a ghost was around at some point in your life ?  


Hi optic_i... actually, I can't say I've ever known a ghost to be around. We all suspect, though, don't we? When we hear something we can't explain? I try not to go into the dark basement alone - I have too much imagination!

Moderator
dhaupt
Posts: 11,832
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author SIMONE ST. JAMES!


SimoneStJames wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

Hi Simone and welcome and thanks Becke for bringing yet another wonderful author front and center for us

Simone I have your novel in my to be read pile and am looking forward to reading it.

What would you tell a person who hasn't read you yet to entice them into your world.

 

Thanks for visiting and good luck with the novel


Hi dhaupt,

I guess I'd say that although my books can be scary, they always end in a way the reader will like. I like books that take me pretty far to the edge... but bring me back again. I always find that a fun ride as a reader.


OOh, thanks for the reply I'd say this is right up my alley. Oh my aching pile of books :smileyhappy:

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,679
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog by Author SIMONE ST. JAMES!


dhaupt wrote:

SimoneStJames wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

Hi Simone and welcome and thanks Becke for bringing yet another wonderful author front and center for us

Simone I have your novel in my to be read pile and am looking forward to reading it.

What would you tell a person who hasn't read you yet to entice them into your world.

 

Thanks for visiting and good luck with the novel


Hi dhaupt,

I guess I'd say that although my books can be scary, they always end in a way the reader will like. I like books that take me pretty far to the edge... but bring me back again. I always find that a fun ride as a reader.


OOh, thanks for the reply I'd say this is right up my alley. Oh my aching pile of books :smileyhappy:


Debbie - I think you will REALLY like this!