Author
MisaRamirez
0 Kudos

Re: Recipes

LOTS of recipes! And I am almost done with a Lola Cruz cookbook. I'll be giving away copies soon, also!

Bestselling Author Melissa Bourbon Ramirez

Bare-Naked Lola, May 2012
A Fitting End, February 2012
Sacrifice of Passion, June 2012
Author
MisaRamirez
0 Kudos

Re: Author Misa Ramirez aka Melissa Bourbon Ramirez

NAL published A Magical Dressmaking mystery series and they liked Melissa Bourbon, my maiden name which made my parents very happy!  Then when it was time to release the newest Lola Cruz mystery, I wanted to bridge the names, so kep the Melissa Bourbon and added the Ramirez to connect from Misa Ramirez. 

becke_davis
0 Kudos

MisaRamirez wrote:

LOTS of recipes! And I am almost done with a Lola Cruz cookbook. I'll be giving away copies soon, also!

Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

I'm a sucker for tie in cookbooks.

MisaRamirez wrote:

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Author
MisaRamirez
0 Kudos

:smileyhappy:  And Lola's recipes are SO good.  Based on my mother in law's cooking, and she's a great cook.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog - An Interview with One of Misa's Characters

Hi, Misa, I loved your blog and I can relate to the sewing only for me, it is knitting. My mother taught me to knit. I was a difficult student as I'm left-handed and she had to teach me as a mirror image. I learned how to do the basics and took a big step forward and made my first sweater. It fit perfectly and Mom was so proud of me as I was determined to finish. I'm interested in your series and I will check it out.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Author
MisaRamirez
0 Kudos

Re: Guest Blog - An Interview with One of Misa's Characters

What a great memory, Maxcat!  I can imagine how difficult it would be to learn (and teach) as a mirror image.  Hope you do check out the Magical Dressmaking series and enjoy it!

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Welcome Melissa: Enjoyed your blog. I love to sew - I will definitely be checking out your books. I just recently got my sewing machine out. I lost 55 lbs. over the last couple of years so I have been taking in some of my clothes. That's a good thing though! Your recipes look awesome. Love to cook, so I'll have to try some of your recipes too. Hope you enjoy your visit with us!
Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
becke_davis
0 Kudos

eadieburke wrote:
Welcome Melissa: Enjoyed your blog. I love to sew - I will definitely be checking out your books. I just recently got my sewing machine out. I lost 55 lbs. over the last couple of years so I have been taking in some of my clothes. That's a good thing though! Your recipes look awesome. Love to cook, so I'll have to try some of your recipes too. Hope you enjoy your visit with us!

55 pounds? Wow, wish I could say that!