Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
DeniseSwansonIL
0 Kudos

Re: Guest blog by author DENISE SWANSON!

Hi

Heather and I had a great event at the B & N in  Bolingbrook, IL. We got to meet J (not sure if she wants her whole name revealed).

The next book in the Scumble River series will be out Oct. 2011 and is called Murder of a Creped Suzette. A shady music promoter comes to Scumble River and tries to turn the town into the Branson of Illinois.

Denise

becke_davis
0 Kudos

DeniseSwansonIL wrote:

Hi

Heather and I had a great event at the B & N in  Bolingbrook, IL. We got to meet J (not sure if she wants her whole name revealed).

The next book in the Scumble River series will be out Oct. 2011 and is called Murder of a Creped Suzette. A shady music promoter comes to Scumble River and tries to turn the town into the Branson of Illinois.

Denise

Sounds like fun!! Sorry I missed it. Denise, come back in October and we'll celebrate your next release date! Also, don't forget June is our Month of Cozy(ish) Crime. The whole month will be a party!!

Inspired Contributor
leisure_reader
0 Kudos

Denise, Heather, and Beckee

Thanks for the opportunity to meet 2 new authors (and to finally figure out what a cozy book is)

I had a wonderful and interesting time listening and meeting you both

J

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

becke_davis
0 Kudos

leisure_reader wrote:

Denise, Heather, and Beckee

Thanks for the opportunity to meet 2 new authors (and to finally figure out what a cozy book is)

I had a wonderful and interesting time listening and meeting you both

J

I'm so excited you were able to do this!!! VERY cool!!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Exciting News from Denise Swanson!

Hi,

Just a short note to share my good news. I found out this morning, that Murder of a Bookstore Babe is #18 on the New York Times Bestseller list.

It will be in the paper and on the website March 20.

Denise

Denise - huge congratulations on this accomplishment!!!
Becke
Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

Re: Exciting News from Denise Swanson!

Well, I am really late here,  (won't repeat too much about my posting problems here as have covered that in other areas--just that it makes reading and posting in here challenging for me)and probably Denise is long gone. Just wanted to say that I enjoyed reading her blog, and all the comments about her books. I just got Murder of a Bookstore Babe, and am looking forward to reading it!

In case Denise does pop back in here sometime in the future, I have a question:

Denise, the titles of your books are all so interesting. Do you have any say-so in the titles of your books, and do you have a favorite title?

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
Author
DeniseSwansonIL
0 Kudos

Thanks!

I've come up with all but two of my titles. My editor thought up the first, Murder of a Small-Town Honey, which is what started the  type of titles, and her assistant came up with Murder of a Barbie and Ken. My favorite title so far is Murder of a Chocolate-Covered Cherry.

Denise

becke_davis
0 Kudos

DeniseSwansonIL wrote:

Thanks!

I've come up with all but two of my titles. My editor thought up the first, Murder of a Small-Town Honey, which is what started the  type of titles, and her assistant came up with Murder of a Barbie and Ken. My favorite title so far is Murder of a Chocolate-Covered Cherry.

Denise

I like that one because I belong to a writing group called the Cherries (a spin-off from Jenny Crusie's Cherry Forums). I collect cherry-related things now.

Inspired Contributor
leisure_reader
0 Kudos

Denise

I finished "Honey" and I really didn't expect the plot twists.  I had at least 3 different suspects in my own mind as to "who did it"!  I loved the small town colloquialisms (I kind of grew up with them but not in Scumble River).  Congrats on your success!  Another Best Seller listing!  Yea!

J

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

Author
DeniseSwansonIL
0 Kudos

Thanks, J!

Glad you enjoyed HONEY.

Additional good news--Murder of a Bookstore Babe made the NYT list for a second week!

Denise

becke_davis
0 Kudos

DeniseSwansonIL wrote:

Thanks, J!

Glad you enjoyed HONEY.

Additional good news--Murder of a Bookstore Babe made the NYT list for a second week!

Denise

CONGRATULATIONS - that is fantastic news!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I had a great time visiting with Denise today at Left Coast Crime!

DSCN0379.JPG
Author
DeniseSwansonIL
0 Kudos

Thanks, Becke!

It was great to finally get to meet you in person.

Denise

becke_davis
0 Kudos

DeniseSwansonIL wrote:

Thanks, Becke!

It was great to finally get to meet you in person.

Denise

Denise - Keep me posted on that new series you were telling me about!

Becke

Author
DeniseSwansonIL
0 Kudos

Becke

---Will do. I  just have to finish the book and get it to my publisher on time (April 15th). Yikes!

Denise

becke_davis
0 Kudos

DeniseSwansonIL wrote:

Becke

---Will do. I  just have to finish the book and get it to my publisher on time (April 15th). Yikes!

Denise

That's just over two weeks - yikes, I'd better leave you alone so you can write!

Frequent Contributor
Mysterylover1138
0 Kudos

Denise

I finished reading Murder of A Bookstore Babe and it was FANTASTIC :smileyhappy:  My Mom sent me the copy you autographed for me and I couldn't wait to read it, and honestly it has been one of the few books I haven't been able to put down.  You had me guessing the whole time, and now I can't wait to get my hands on the rest of the series :smileyhappy:  I wish they were on Nook though :smileysad:  

L

Author
DeniseSwansonIL
0 Kudos

Thanks so much L!

It's great to hear you enjoyed the book that much. The first three are available electronically, but books 4-13 aren't (at least right now). My next book, due out in October will be immediately available as an e-book.

Best,

Denise

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Really great blog, Denise. It goes to show that who you sit with at the dinner table can be folksy but fascinating also.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost