Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
writerfire

Happy Birthday!!!

Happy Birthday to our favorite Becke!!  Come on guys lets thow her a party!!! 

I brought the punch!!

The best surprize is one left untold.
dhaupt

Re: Happy Birthday!!!

Happy Birthday to a dear friend

love you gal!!!!!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka

Happy Birthday, becke! Hope you have a great one!

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
Scribe
optic_i

Have a wonderful birthday, Becke !

Hey, anyone seen Becke's cake ?

Wordsmith
writerfire
0 Kudos

Love the cat!!!!

The best surprize is one left untold.
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke

Happy Birthday, Becke! Enjoy the day and I hope you have many more birthdays so you can continue to read that TBR pile!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat

Happy birthday, Becke and a toast to many more. As eadie said, keep reading on that TBR pile you have. Have fun!

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G

Happy Birthday Becke!

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3

Here's some birthday bling for you, Becke!!!

I hope you're having a fantastic time!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
becke_davis

Thank you!!!

Thank you so much for the wonderful birthday wishes!

I've been off the computer most of the day. Most of it was fun but I could have done without the two hours stuck in traffic heading back to Chicago from the suburbs.

I spent the night at my sister's last night, and this morning she woke me up by lunging into the bedroom holding a candle like a microphone and serenading me with "Happy Birthday" in a Marilyn Monroe voice. I wish I'd videotaped it! 

My husband took me to lunch at my favorite book store cafe in St. Charles, IL, and then we went and spent some time with my niece and her one-year-old. We were VERY excited when Felicity walked halfway across the room for the very first time! She can take me or leave me, but she's madly in love with Marty. His guitar playing gets the girls every time!

After that we went to my parents' house. My brother and his wife came up for the weekend from Vermont (I guess they came DOWN for the weekend), so we got to see them and my folks. Big excitement while we were there - their carbon monoxide alarm started clanging like crazy. We called the fire department who instructed us to clear the house. A big hook and ladder showed up and a crew of firemen tested the house. Turned out to be a faulty detector. Not very exciting but that was the result we wanted!

After that we headed back to the city. We made it to O'Hare thinking we'd missed the traffic, but it was just a trick. The traffic caught us shortly afterward - ugh!

When we finally got to my son's place, they took us out to dinner for my birthday. Then we met up with their best friends and went to another restaurant for dessert. NOT a good calorie weekend, but lots of fun. We head home tomorrow. Crazy week - sorry I haven't been around as much as usual!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

Here's some birthday bling for you, Becke!!!

I hope you're having a fantastic time!!!

Thank you - it's been a fun day!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Ryan_G wrote:

Happy Birthday Becke!

Thanks, Ryan!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Happy birthday, Becke and a toast to many more. As eadie said, keep reading on that TBR pile you have. Have fun!

Thanks, Max - I'm working on it!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

eadieburke wrote:

Happy Birthday, Becke! Enjoy the day and I hope you have many more birthdays so you can continue to read that TBR pile!

Thanks, Eadie - I might manage to read them all if I live to 150!!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

optic_i wrote:

Have a wonderful birthday, Becke !

Hey, anyone seen Becke's cake ?

Tooo funny! Thank you!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

Happy Birthday, becke! Hope you have a great one!

I love all these cute graphics! Thank you!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Happy Birthday to a dear friend

love you gal!!!!!

Thanks so much, Debbie!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

writerfire wrote:

Happy Birthday to our favorite Becke!!  Come on guys lets thow her a party!!! 

I brought the punch!!

Aww, thanks so much, Holly - I love these messages!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Re: Thank you!!!

becke_davis wrote:

Thank you so much for the wonderful birthday wishes!

I've been off the computer most of the day. Most of it was fun but I could have done without the two hours stuck in traffic heading back to Chicago from the suburbs.

I spent the night at my sister's last night, and this morning she woke me up by lunging into the bedroom holding a candle like a microphone and serenading me with "Happy Birthday" in a Marilyn Monroe voice. I wish I'd videotaped it! 

My husband took me to lunch at my favorite book store cafe in St. Charles, IL, and then we went and spent some time with my niece and her one-year-old. We were VERY excited when Felicity walked halfway across the room for the very first time! She can take me or leave me, but she's madly in love with Marty. His guitar playing gets the girls every time!

After that we went to my parents' house. My brother and his wife came up for the weekend from Vermont (I guess they came DOWN for the weekend), so we got to see them and my folks. Big excitement while we were there - their carbon monoxide alarm started clanging like crazy. We called the fire department who instructed us to clear the house. A big hook and ladder showed up and a crew of firemen tested the house. Turned out to be a faulty detector. Not very exciting but that was the result we wanted!

After that we headed back to the city. We made it to O'Hare thinking we'd missed the traffic, but it was just a trick. The traffic caught us shortly afterward - ugh!

When we finally got to my son's place, they took us out to dinner for my birthday. Then we met up with their best friends and went to another restaurant for dessert. NOT a good calorie weekend, but lots of fun. We head home tomorrow. Crazy week - sorry I haven't been around as much as usual!

Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday visiting with family, lunch in a bookstore, dinner with your son and a separate visit to a restaurant for dessert! You even had a fire truck visit! A great day, I would say! We missed you but we all wanted you to have a great birthday and it seems like to did!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt