New User
Fortinzio
0 Kudos

Hello

I've just joined and am thrilled that I will be able to "talk" with others about books that I enjoy. I seem to tear through mystery authors fairly quickly and would love any suggestion on some really intense authors.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Hello

Fortinzio wrote:
I've just joined and am thrilled that I will be able to "talk" with others about books that I enjoy. I seem to tear through mystery authors fairly quickly and would love any suggestion on some really intense authors.
Hi Fortinzio - welcome to the Mystery Book Club!  As you can see, we're  very relaxed here -- more like a mystery chat group than a traditional book club.  I'm sure you will be getting LOTS of recommendations, but first it would help if you tell us some of the authors you enjoy.  The classics - Conan Doyle, Christie?  Detective mysteries?  Cozies? Thrillers? Romantic suspense? Espionage? Funny mysteries?  Tell us what you like and we'll give you suggestions!

New User
Fortinzio
0 Kudos

Dean Koontz has been a favorite of mine for years. I've read all of his books already though. I just ran through all of Lisa Jackson's books as well. I enjoy well written thrillers. I like authors who develop both the "good" and "evil" characters. Too many times the killer is an enigma rather than a true character in the story. I'm a psychology major so I like to understand both sides.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Check out Lee Child, Karen Rose, Allison Brennan, Robert B. Parker, Greg Iles, Harlen Coben - Michael Connelly, John Connolly - just to get started.