Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
CloudMinder
0 Kudos

Re: I need a new book to read !

Thanks for including the links, Becke.  I was trying to include links but got an error message. Makes them a lot easier to find.
Frequent Contributor
Fan4SFGiants
0 Kudos

I recommend The Neighbor,by Lisa Gardner-it's like Robert B.Parker meets Michael Crichton-Lisa Gardner's novels usually take place in Boston or somewhere else in New England,and in other parts of the country. You will be off your feet when you read The Neighbor.

Reading For Pleasure L Tsypkin 

Reading For Pleasure

LTsypkin
becke_davis
0 Kudos

You can add links by clicking the "Add Product" box. Search for the book, then click "add image and link" and then "done." That should do it!

I'm going to pick up a copy of this one -- it sounds great! 

The Neighbor  

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Susan08, Welcome, I can give you some great books and authors in mystery.

Here we go, this list should keep you busy for a while.

Faye Kellerman,

Jonathan Kellerman

Sue Grafton

Catherine Coutler(FBI series)

Patricia Cornwell

J. D. Robb(Nora Roberts)

Carrie Bebris- she does a series of Darcy Mysteries. They are good.

James Patterson (Woman's Murder Club)

Nancy Martin

Janet Evanovich

Lilian Jackson Braun

This should give you a start. How you like these books and authors.

ReadingPatti

becke_davis
0 Kudos

This message has been moved to a more appropriate location. This helps to keep our boards organized.

Frequent Contributor
Fan4SFGiants
0 Kudos

I recommend YELL-OhGirls! By Vickie Nam Emerging Voices Explore Culture,Identity,and Growing Up Asian American. It's so interesting-I can read it over and over again.

Reading For Pleasure

LTsypkin
becke_davis
0 Kudos

This message has been moved to a more appropriate location. This helps to keep our boards organized.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

New User
shanebriant99
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Worst Nightmares How about Worst Nightmares. New psychological thriller in the vein of Steven King and Thomas Harris. www.worstnightmares.net

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Fan4SFGiants wrote:

I recommend YELL-OhGirls! By Vickie Nam Emerging Voices Explore Culture,Identity,and Growing Up Asian American. It's so interesting-I can read it over and over again.

I should point out that this book is not a mystery. You may want to discuss this book on a more appropriate board -- maybe teen reads? Here is a link:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Teen-Reads/bd-p/TeenReads

Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12
0 Kudos

Where have I been?  I never realized JD Robb was a pseudonym for Nora Roberts!  I learn something new every day on the B&N book clubs.  :smileyhappy:  I have had J.D. Robb on my to-read list for ages and have never even thought of reading Nora Roberts.

Thanks, ReadingPatti!

-- Ruth

"The Answer to the Great Question of ... Life, the Universe and Everything ... (is) 42." -- Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Nora Roberts is a very versatile author -- I've read all of her Nora Roberts books but only a few of her J.D. Robb's. Many of the Nora Roberts titles are mysteries, too, and some are paranormal.

Frequent Contributor
Fan4SFGiants
0 Kudos

Check out Lisa Gardner's latest book,Live To Tell also.

Reading For Pleasure

LTsypkin
becke_davis
0 Kudos

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Um, not to make anyone jealous or anything :smileyhappy:

I have this old book just lying around

Love You More 

it comes out in March of 2011, I can't wait to sink my teeth into it.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Um, not to make anyone jealous or anything :smileyhappy:

I have this old book just lying around

Love You More 

it comes out in March of 2011, I can't wait to sink my teeth into it.

Can you see me turning green with jealousy? (With glitter, of course!)

Correspondent
momgee
0 Kudos

If you like cozy mysteries 2 new ones are being released on Tuesday that are very good

Buffalo West Wing (White House Chef Mystery Series #4) 

Buttercream Bump Off (Cupcake Bakery Mystery Series #2) 

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
becke_davis
0 Kudos

momgee wrote:

If you like cozy mysteries 2 new ones are being released on Tuesday that are very good

Buffalo West Wing (White House Chef Mystery Series #4) 

Buttercream Bump Off (Cupcake Bakery Mystery Series #2) 

Momgee - great to see you here! I just discovered Julie Hyzy recently - she's really good! I'll have to check out the other author, too. Happy New Year!