Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: JUNE: A Month of Cozy(ish) Crime

I'm passing on a note from our friend MARY KENNEDY, who has been featured here before:

"This is a fun idea...a group of cozy writers got together and we all post blogs one day a month...my day is today. Here's the link. http://www.killercharacters.com/2010/06/blue-monday.html The hook is simple: we post as one of our characters!! Loads of fun!"

I love the idea, and I know several authors who have posted here are taking part. Check it out! Thanks for the link, Mary!

Author
Leann_SweeneyLS
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Leann! I'm excited to see you here - thanks so much for joining us!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Okay - this is going to seem a little weird. Only a few of the top level people here can assign "author" tags, and since so many authors are stopping by I'd like to submit a list all at once so I don't have to keep pestering them to assign tags.

If you are a cozy author and the word "author" isn't coming up under your sign in, please email me at: Treethyme@aol.com and I'll put together a list. I'm afraid if I just scroll through the posts I might miss someone.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Suze - I've read both Heather's and Mary's books and they are all really good!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Hi  all the fabulous cozy writers who've stopped by our little club, a few of you I've read and a few of you are going into my TBR pile which has tripled in size since I met Becke.

It's going to be  a great month thanks to all of you.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Suze - I've read both Heather's and Mary's books and they are all really good!

Hi This is certainly a wonderful Thread I am thinking of buying" Reel Murder" for a friend who is not a "cozy",reader but she did read" truly ,madly" Author Heather Webber,and loved it.. I think the content of Mary Kennedys book would interest her as well.. Best Suze...

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Hi  all the fabulous cozy writers who've stopped by our little club, a few of you I've read and a few of you are going into my TBR pile which has tripled in size since I met Becke.

dhaupt wrote:

Hi Debbie i knew I could track you down..Its been a whirlwind of posts..as you know..yes,I agree hanging around Becke,the TBR pile does grow,and then there is you,with all your reviews and wonderful books to explore as well..Working today.and trying to keep up..Good to see you..;  )  Suze ,And Welcome to All...

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

Hi Debbie i knew I could track you down..Its been a whirlwind of posts..as you know..yes,I agree hanging around Becke,the TBR pile does grow,and then there is you,with all your reviews and wonderful books to explore as well..Working today.and trying to keep up..Good to see you..;  )  Suze ,And Welcome to All...

Hey Suze, keep busy girlfriend. I'll always be around lurking somewhere. At least today I have internet access. Yay!!

Author
ElleryAdams
0 Kudos

A KILLER PLOT: A BOOKS BY THE BAY MYSTERY - another June Title

June is filled with amazing mysteries. I am currently reading E.J. Copperman's NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEED. If you're looking for a "killer beach read" check out my June 1st release: A Killer Plot. :smileyhappy: Ellery 

A Killer Plot A Killer Plot

becke_davis
0 Kudos

So many books I want to read here, and my to-be-read pile is already the size of a small library. Or a not-so-small library.

Just a quick note to everyone who is waiting for an "author" tag - my supervisor had to leave early (i.e., on time) for once, but she said she will take care of the tags either later tonight or tomorrow morning. Thanks for your patience!

Author
Leann_SweeneyLS
0 Kudos

Thanks so much Becke. I attached this board to my homepage so I won't miss anything!

Leann

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Great!

Other big features that are coming up: August will be our Month of Suspense and Thrillers and September will be a Month of Agatha Christie.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

A lot of authors have dropped in since I started this thread, so I wanted to welcome you all once again. Thanks so much for joining us and welcome to B&N's Mystery book club forum!

Welcome Glitter Graphics

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Re: A KILLER PLOT: A BOOKS BY THE BAY MYSTERY - another June Title

I will have to add your book to my TBR pile. I have a cream standard poodle. I always like to read books that have pets in them.

Luanne

ElleryAdams wrote:

June is filled with amazing mysteries. I am currently reading E.J. Copperman's NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEED. If you're looking for a "killer beach read" check out my June 1st release: A Killer Plot. :smileyhappy: Ellery 

dhaupt
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

I will have to add your book to my TBR pile. I have a cream standard poodle. I always like to read books that have pets in them.

Luanne

ElleryAdams wrote:

Doesn't that cover just pull you in Luanne, I know it did me.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

pen21 wrote:

Luanne

ElleryAdams wrote:

Doesn't that cover just pull you in Luanne, I know it did me.

I have a friend who collects lighthouses. I should get this book for her collection!

Author
KristaDavis
0 Kudos

It's wonderful to see you here, Leann.  I didn't know Becke had set up such a cozy place for us to hang out, sip tea, and read!

~ Krista

dhaupt

KristaDavis wrote:

It's wonderful to see you here, Leann.  I didn't know Becke had set up such a cozy place for us to hang out, sip tea, and read!

~ Krista

Don't forget this is the place you can sharpen your scissors, knives and reload your guns too.