Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
mary_kennedy
0 Kudos

Re: JUNE: A Month of Cozy(ish) Crime

Love the cover of A PLACE TO DIE, can't wait to hear more!

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

SuzanneMArruda wrote:

May I introduce my historical mystery series set in 1920's Africa?

If you loved Stuart Granger in King Solomon's Mines and Out of Africa, think of me as your Saturday Matinee Mystery writer. The Jade del Cameron mystery series begins with MARK OF THE LION, followed by STALKING IVORY, THE SERPENT'S DAUGHTER, THE LEOPARD'S PREY, TREASURE OF THE GOLDEN CHEETAH, and coming Sept 7: THE CROCODILE'S LAST EMBRACE. Visit my website at www.suzannearruda.com and blog (http://suzannearruda.blogspot.com/) for more information. I'd love to hear from any of you fans out there.

Suzanne Arruda - author

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for stopping by. I will check out your website. 1920s is an interesting part of history in Africa.

Luanne

pen21
0 Kudos

djjames wrote:

Welcome Dorothy,

Thanks for stopping by. Beautiful cover.

luanne

pen21
0 Kudos

jeffcohen wrote:

Thanks for the invitation! I've written two cozy-ish series. The Double Feature Mystery series is about Elliot Freed, who owns New Jersey's only all-comedy movie theatre, and his struggles to overcome his divorce, his financial difficulties, and the complete inattention of his teenaged staff. He also has to solve the occasional murder.

In

Some Like It Hot-Buttered Elliot's problem is immediate, and strikes home--a patron at his theatre drops dead in the middle of a screening of "Young Frankenstein. Elliot takes this personally, as he does when his young projectionist is accused of pirating films to DVD. Especially since the illegal DVDs were kept in Elliot's theatre--and someone seems intent on scaring Elliot off the trail.

In

It Happened One Knife, Elliot gets to meet one of his comedy idols, Harry Lillis of the team Lillis and Townes. But his elation turns to something else when Harry lets Elliot in on a secret: his partner Les Townes supposedly murdered his wife, whom both men loved, fifty years ago. And when one of the elderly comedians is found dead, and the other is missing, it's up to Elliot to sort out what happened, now and long ago.

The series continues with

A Night at the Operation, in which Elliot has a more emotional problem to solve: His ex-wife Dr. Sharon Simon-Freed, for whom he carries more than a small torch, is missing. And the police would like to question her in the death of one of her patients. Elliot's world begins to spiral out of control as the evidence mounts and Sharon is nowhere to be found.

The Aaron Tucker series is about a freelance reporter, aspiring screenwriter and work-at-home dad who solves crimes against his own will. Aaron is dealing with finding work, paying the mortgage (although his wife Abby does most of that through her law practice), and raising two children, one of whom has Asperger's Syndrome. In

For Whom The Minivan Rolls, Aaron is asked to investigate the disappearance of a local woman involved in the upcoming mayoral election. He's also trying to find out who wrote something quite nasty (and not all that cozy) about his son on the sidewalk outside their house--in barbecue sauce.

Aaron comes back in

A Farewell to Legs, when he attends a high school reunion and runs into the class sex symbol, who suddenly shows interest in Aaron (he's not interested because he's married to Abby). She wants him to investigate the murder of her husband, a sleazy Washington lobbyist. And the principal of his children's school wants him to find out who's throwing stink bombs on school property. But what's really bothering Aaron is that an old client of Abby's has just gotten out of jail--and he seems to be stalking Aaron's wife.

In

As Dog Is My Witness, Aaron is under siege at the end of the year: A friend in the autism community wants him to write about a young man with Asperger's accused of murder. She's sure he didn't commit the crime, despite the young man's confession and physical evidence that he shot a random dog walker. It might be time to get Aaron's son Ethan, who has AS, involved in the investigation. But Aaron's also trying to find out who's sabotaging the work of his pal the car mechanic, and worst of all, he's dealing with an insidious enemy--his brother-in-law Howard, come with his family to visit for the holidays. It's going to be a long week.

I hope you're interested in taking a look at one, some, or all of these books. But if you want to find out more, go to http://jeffcohenbooks.com

And thanks again!

Jeff,

Thanks for sharing your books with us. I love your titles.

You have a really nice website.

luanne

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Dear Jeff I was looking for E.J.Cooperman,but the Becke informed me .And here you are..I have "Night of The Living Deed "in my BN cart. Now I am going to have a look at "Jeff Cohens" Books as well .I have subscribed to your ej,blog and its great Much Success..Susan Vtc

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Suze - don't feel bad. It took me awhile to figure out Jeff Cohen and EJ Copperman were the same person! 

Kind of like Jayne Ann Krentz/Jayne Castle/Amanda Quick - lots of "split personalities" out there!

pen21
0 Kudos

Re: JUNE FEATURES AT B&N's MYSTERY BOOK CLUB

WendyLynWatson wrote:

Becke - Thanks for featuring cozies on the site this month!  June has been an amazing month for new cozy releases (including brand new series).

I'm Wendy, and I write a series called the Mysteries a la Mode.  The first book, I SCREAM, YOU SCREAM, came out last October, and SCOOP TO KILL will be released in September.

I'm also one of the bloggers at Killer Characters, along with Heather Webber, Avery Aames, Krista Davis, EJ Copperman ... the list goes on and on!

Again, thanks for featuring our sweet little murders, and I look forward to seeing what my fellow masters of mayhem have to say. :smileyhappy:

I Scream, You Scream

Scoop to Kill

Wendy,

I was catching up on the killercharacters.com and saw your blog post early in the month. Lover your titles.

Luanne

pen21
0 Kudos

Hannah Reed,

I am playing catch up on the killercharacter.com. Your blog was earlier in the month. Good luck with your book. I am going to keep up with this website. Luanne

Buzz Off

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

See Inside!
The Unfinished Clue by Georgette Heyer: Book Cover
I just finished reading The Unfinished Clue by Georgette Heyer. Although she's known more for her Regency novels, she also wrote a number of excellent mysteries. The good news is that there's been a recent re-printing of her books, so they are now available again for fans of her work. This particular book meets the category of the cozy, as it takes place in an English country house, and has plenty of Heyer's excellent character presentations, and a conclusion that is equal to one of Agatha Christie's surprise endings.
" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

See Inside!
The Unfinished Clue by Georgette Heyer: Book Cover
I just finished reading The Unfinished Clue by Georgette Heyer. Although she's known more for her Regency novels, she also wrote a number of excellent mysteries. The good news is that there's been a recent re-printing of her books, so they are now available again for fans of her work. This particular book meets the category of the cozy, as it takes place in an English country house, and has plenty of Heyer's excellent character presentations, and a conclusion that is equal to one of Agatha Christie's surprise endings.

It's been awhile, but I've read all of Heyer's mysteries. They were cozy-ish, now that I think of it.

Author
lizlip
0 Kudos

Hey, Becke and everyone. Just stopped by to introduce myself since I just found out about this community.  I am a debut author with the first book of The Casserole Lover Series, titled Ducks In A Row, coming out in April 2011 from Berkley Prime Crime. Here's the blurb.

A gal with dreams of becoming a popular sports columnist gets stuck in a podunk town writing personal ads for a small time newspaper. When she’s offered the chance to fill in for a local food critic on sick leave, she jumps at the chance, rationalizing that it’s one step closer to her dream even though her idea of cooking is frying bologna and microwaving TV dinners. After a dead body is found underneath her apartment stairwell with her name and number along with it, she becomes the prime suspect as well as the main course on the murder menu.

I also am part of a great blog called Mysteries and  Margaritas. We do a lot of guest interviews and I would love to have y'all join us. I am looking forward to geting to know all of you and participating in the discussions.I love kibitzing with people who also love mysteries.

Thanks, Becke, for suggesting I stop by.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Hi Liz! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Liz's full name is: LIZ LIPPERMAN - remember that name!

Here's a link to Mysteries and Margaritas - it's a fun blog!

Mysteries and Margaritas

We don't have a book cover to promote for Liz yet, but you can read more about Liz at her website:

becke_davis

Orkut Scraps - Thank You

A big thanks to all of the wonderful authors who have stopped by this month! 

This thread will always come up when your names and/or book titles are searched here, so you are welcome to come back and post updates. We'd love to hear about your new releases, B&N book signings, guest blogs, new book trailers or anything else you'd like to share with us.

Come back again soon! And have a safe and fun 4th of July weekend!