becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: January Feature: G. M. Malliet's DEATH AT THE ALMA MATER

G_M_Malliet wrote:

Finished the PD James last night, late. (Very late.) It's an impressive summary of the genre, and a book I'll be keeping on the shelf next to King's On Writing.

And bless her heart, she's 90 years old. I don't know why we expect people to fall apart by that age, but she's certainly going strong, and has lost none of her ability to keep our attention.

I thought of P.D. James when I read the quote at the beginning of DEATH AT THE ALMA MATER. It made me think of this:

The Skull beneath the Skin (Cordelia Gray Series #2)

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

This photo is of Toni LP Kelner, Hallie Ephron, Robin Burcell, and G.M. Malliet at ALA Midwinter/Boston. Photo taken Jan 16 at the Sisters in Crime signing booth.

g m malliet photo 3.JPG
Author
G_M_Malliet
0 Kudos

Thanks for posting this, Becke - we hid the Bloody Mary mix just in time for the picture :smileyhappy:

Actually, this was the day following the party. I was signing with Toni LP Kelner and we gave away signed books by the truckload.

G.M. Malliet
http://GMMalliet.com
Author, Death of a Cozy Writer - Agatha Award winner. Chosen by Kirkus Reviews as one of the Best Books of 2008.
New series begins Sept. 2011 with WICKED AUTUMN (Minotaur Books).
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I met Hallie at Bouchercon -- this looks like a fun group!

Author
G_M_Malliet
0 Kudos

2 days left to enter, readers! (Actually, 3 but I'm taking my birthday off, hoping to see departing panda at the nat'l zoo.)

>>

Visit my Web site at http://GMMalliet.com where on the home page you can find the answer to this question:

A photo of what place appears at the top of each page of the G.M. Malliet Web site?<<

G.M. Malliet
Author, Death of a Cozy Writer - Agatha Award winner. Chosen by Kirkus Reviews as one of the Best Books of 2008.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I saw you have a birthday coming up! Don't miss G.M's contest, folks - the details are on this thread!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Happy Birthday! I'm sad that January is almost over, but I am so glad you were able visit with us this month. This thread has had a LOT of viewers, and I hope they enjoy your books as much as I do.

This thread is "yours," G.M., and you are always welcome to come back and post updates here when you are nominated for awards, when your next book comes out, or if you just feel like coming back to chat. Posting a comment here will reactivate the thread -- if anyone else comments in the future, I'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this, and I hope we'll see you here again soon! Now go have some cake and ice cream, and party all day!!

Author
G_M_Malliet
0 Kudos

First of all, thanks so much for the birthday wishes, Becke. I had a great birthday that made me forget how old I'm getting to be ;-) And I got one of those tiny new digital cameras, giving me something new to learn.

As to breaking news updates, an interview with me by Oline Cogdill will appear in the upcoming 

Mystery Scene Magazine.

Best to you, Becke, and thanks so very much for moderating these great lists.

G.M. Malliet
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I'm excited to read your interview! Luckily, I subscribe to Mystery Scene because it can be hard to find in bookstores.

Hope to see you here again -- you're always welcome!