Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

June at Barnes & Noble's Mystery Forum

[ Edited ]

For the past few years, June has been our Month of Cozy(ish) Crime. Because of my busy schedule in June, I've postponed that feature until October. We still have lots going on next month, though! And, as always, more guest blogs will be added throughout the month!

Week of June 4: Featured Visit with Author PAMELA CALLOW

Tattooed  

Tuesday, June 5 - Guest blog by "Charles Todd" (Charles & Caroline Todd)

An Unmarked Grave (Bess Crawford Series #4)  

Wednesday, June 6 - Guest blog by Nina Darnton

An African Affair  

Week of June 11: Featured Visit with Author KARIN SLAUGHTER

Criminal  

Friday, June 15 – Books for Father’s Day – a recap of featured authors and guest bloggers whose books might be ideas for Father’s Day gifts, plus other recommendations.

Week of June 18: Featured Visit with Author Bianca Zander

The Girl Below  

Week of June 25: American Mystery Classics: Ed McBain aka Evan Hunter

The Chisholms 

The Moment She Was Gone 

Mary, Mary (Matthew Hope Series #10) 

McBain's Ladies 

There Was a Little Girl (Matthew Hope Series #11) 

Romance (87th Precinct Series #47) 

Criminal Conversation        

Lady, Lady, I Did It! (87th Precinct Series #14) 

The Mugger (87th Precinct Series #2) 

Transgressions 

See Them Die (87th Precinct Series #13)     

Tuesday, June 26 – Guest blog by John Gapper

A Fatal Debt  

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

Re: June at Barnes & Noble's Mystery Forum

Rats! I was looking forward to June being Cozy month, but, to quote my favorite language mangler, Sam Goldwyn, " It floats off my back like a duck." Don't think I'm familiar with any of the authors you've got listed here, becke, so once again, my reading horizons are sure to be expanded. Looking forward to meeting new authors here!

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

Rats! I was looking forward to June being Cozy month, but, to quote my favorite language mangler, Sam Goldwyn, " It floats off my back like a duck." Don't think I'm familiar with any of the authors you've got listed here, becke, so once again, my reading horizons are sure to be expanded. Looking forward to meeting new authors here!

I'm sorry to change things around, Fricka! I've got Lori Foster's Reader Author Get Together at the beginning of the month, and mid-month my husband and I are driving down to Florida for a brief visit with our daughter. Even though I can go online when I'm traveling, it's difficult to keep up with a busy "theme" month on the road. In case cozy authors stop by thinking June is still cozy month, I will post (or repost) an Introduce Yourself thread.

I do bring back authors who have become friends (with me and with the Mystery Forum crew) but I do want to keep introducing you to new authors, too. Hopefully we've got some of each this year, even though the balance shifts from month to month.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

I have The Girl Below for review in July so I'll be excited to see the discussion as well.

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Karin Slaughter, who's visiting in June, has a new Nook special:

Snatched  

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Watch for some surprise guest blogs next week! I've got three already, in addition to the one that's on the schedule. There might be more to come!