Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: MICHAEL PALMER, April Featured Author

[ Edited ]

Michael-Palmer wrote:

it occurs to me that I never really answered your question about multiple writers in one family.....in three words, it's a joy......son luke, a college freshman, has written a graphic novel (like an in-depth comic book......word is that oldest son Matt, state department, is toying with a novel in his spare time, and of course, daniel is writing book 2 of a 3-book deal with kensington press......he and i talk about problems, and each has been a help to the other......i predict great things for daniel, whose expertise is computers, and whose very scary books are cyber thrillers......

Wow that's really prolific Michael.

And from what I've read the Graphic novel is all the rage right now.

And now to further the family connection -

PJ Tracy is a mother and daughter writing team of mysteries starring the Monkey Wrench bunch of course this is a little different than what we've been discussing.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Michael-Palmer wrote:

it occurs to me that I never really answered your question about multiple writers in one family.....in three words, it's a joy......son luke, a college freshman, has written a graphic novel (like an in-depth comic book......word is that oldest son Matt, state department, is toying with a novel in his spare time, and of course, daniel is writing book 2 of a 3-book deal with kensington press......he and i talk about problems, and each has been a help to the other......i predict great things for daniel, whose expertise is computers, and whose very scary books are cyber thrillers......

My daughter, age 26, is into mangas and graphic novels. Let me know if Luke gets published - I'll recommend his book to her!

Cyber thrillers? I was going to check out Daniel's book anyway, but now I'm really curious about it. He's been published already in an anthology, hasn't he?

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Michael-Palmer wrote:

stumbled across SUD while researching the last surgeon and loved the notion of trying to quantitate feelings......start with a google search.......

I googled "SUD PTSD" and got all kinds of hits - thanks!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Thank you Michael and Becke..i like the way guantitate is used..especially pertaining to feelings,not an easy task..Susan,vtc

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Michael, when you were growing up, what did you want to be? A writer? A doctor? Neither one?

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Back to related authors, I just remembered a few more:

Lee Child and his brother, Andrew Grant

Also, Anne, Charlotte and Emily Brontë 

Kingsley Amis and Martin Amis

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Faye Kellerman and Daughter Aliza  "Prism" they co-authored..Now the whole family is involved..I think I read it on""elle"online,maybe..Susan Vtc..

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

I've been reading the posts. I also checked out Michael Palmer's website.

The books looks very interesting. My TBR list will be growing.

I have always liked mystery books that have a medical drama involved.

Michael, thank you for participating here. This has been a great place for me.

I have found some good books here. It is always interesting to hear what the author has to say.

pen21

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

Faye Kellerman and Daughter Aliza  "Prism" they co-authored..Now the whole family is involved..I think I read it on""elle"online,maybe..Susan Vtc..

YES!!! Another one I forgot about. PRISM is a young adult novel.

Prism

becke_davis
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

I have found some good books here. It is always interesting to hear what the author has to say.

pen21

You won't regret it, Pen. I know I've said it before, but have I steered you wrong yet?

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Becke, you steer us in the right direction. That is why we all have huge TBR lists.

becke_davis wrote:

pen21 wrote:

pen21

You won't regret it, Pen. I know I've said it before, but have I steered you wrong yet?

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Pen - I'm glad to hear that, but sorry about increasing your book budget!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

YES!!! Another one I forgot about. PRISM is a young adult novel.

Prism

..Happy Easter Morning to All.,Thanks B....Looking into book..Vtc..Susan

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Happy Easter, everyone! I'm expecting it to be very quiet here today - it's gorgeous here in Cincinnati. I hope you all have a wonderful day, and that you get to spend time with those you love enjoying this gorgeous spring weather!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Michael - have fun with your family today, but here's a question for tomorrow:

I'm assuming Michael Palmer is your real name, because Daniel shares the same last name.

Considering that you have a career as a doctor, did you worry about using your real name? What made you decide not to use a pen name?

Author
Michael-Palmer
0 Kudos

my kid is a guru of graphic novels and has written a great one combining his fascination with zombies and his love of shakespeare......i read it twice and it's great......my agent is now interested in reading it......

you never know!!!

Author
Michael-Palmer
0 Kudos

I've sort of started giving my own SUD score each day......i am almost always a 2.....life is good.... 

Author
Michael-Palmer
0 Kudos

thank you, pen.....i love being discovered by readers new to my books.....

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Michael-Palmer wrote:

my kid is a guru of graphic novels and has written a great one combining his fascination with zombies and his love of shakespeare......i read it twice and it's great......my agent is now interested in reading it......

you never know!!!

Have you met Paul Goat Allen, who moderates and blogs about paranormal and urban fantasy here? He's someone your son should know!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Michael-Palmer wrote:

I've sort of started giving my own SUD score each day......i am almost always a 2.....life is good.... 

I've never had any real trauma - nothing I haven't bounced back from, anyway -- so life is hectic, but definitely good.