Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

March at B&N's Mystery Forum

[ Edited ]

Winter came in like a lamb this year, and it looks like it's going to go out like one, too - at least in my area. Even so, I'm more than ready for spring!

We have lots going on at B&N's Mystery Forum in March - be sure to check in periodically, since we almost always add more guest blogs during the course of the month. 

Please note: With the "featured" visits, the authors check in throughout the week to respond to your questions and comments. When authors write a guest blog for us, the often - but not always - respond to comments.

**Having problems posting a comment? This problem is often browser related. Internet Explorer and Safari don't always play well at BN.com, while Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome are less problematic. Let me know if you continue to have problems.

Here's the schedule for March!

Thursday, March 1 -

Guest Blog by DENISE SWANSON

Little Shop of Homicide (Devereaux Dime Store Mystery Series #1)  

Week of March 5 -

Featured Author: CARA BLACK

Murder at the Lanterne Rouge (Aimee Leduc Series #12)  

Tuesday, March 6 -

Guest Blog by SIMONE ST. JAMES

The Haunting of Maddy Clare  

Thursday, March 8 -

Guest Blog by LAURA CHILDS

Agony of the Leaves (Tea Shop Series #13)  

Week of March 12 -

Guest Blog AND Featured Visit with BRAD PARKS:

The Girl Next Door (Carter Ross Series #3)  

Week of March 19 -

Featured Visit with JENN MCKINLAY:

Death by the Dozen (Cupcake Bakery Mystery Series #3)  

Tuesday, March 20 -

Guest Blog by SHELLEY SHEPARD GRAY

Missing (Secrets of Crittenden County Series #1)  

Week of March 26 -

American Mystery Classics: DASHIELL HAMMETT

The Maltese Falcon 

Dashiell Hammett 

The Thin Man 

Red Harvest 

The Glass Key      

Tuesday, March 27 -

Guest Blog by ANDREW KAPLAN

Scorpion Betrayal  

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

Re: March at B&N's Mystery Forum

Looks like a great line-up. becke.

I'm looking forward to reading Little Shop of Homicide by Denise Swanson; I've read just about all of Laura Childs' Tea Shop mysteries featuring the wonderful Theodosia Browning and her supportive workers; and I've met JennMcLinlay at the same CupCake Cozy where I saw Kate Carlisle and Avery Aames, last year. I know Cara Black has visited here before, and I'm hoping that maybe now she has one of her books available in print, not just on NOOK format. Simone St. James and Brad Parks--I'm looking forward to reading their blogs and getting to know them better.

Of course, I've been a Dashiell Hammett fan for YEARS-- I remember how excited I was when there was a mini-series about The Dain Curse on televsion, starring Richard Chamberlain.

I actually went through a " Hammett phase," where I read all of his books I could get my hands on, so I read his Continental OP stories as well as The Maltese Falcon, probably his best-known novel.

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

Looks like a great line-up. becke.

I'm looking forward to reading Little Shop of Homicide by Denise Swanson; I've read just about all of Laura Childs' Tea Shop mysteries featuring the wonderful Theodosia Browning and her supportive workers; and I've met JennMcLinlay at the same CupCake Cozy where I saw Kate Carlisle and Avery Aames, last year. I know Cara Black has visited here before, and I'm hoping that maybe now she has one of her books available in print, not just on NOOK format. Simone St. James and Brad Parks--I'm looking forward to reading their blogs and getting to know them better.

Of course, I've been a Dashiell Hammett fan for YEARS-- I remember how excited I was when there was a mini-series about The Dain Curse on televsion, starring Richard Chamberlain.

I actually went through a " Hammett phase," where I read all of his books I could get my hands on, so I read his Continental OP stories as well as The Maltese Falcon, probably his best-known novel.

I haven't read Brad's new one yet - this will be book 3 in his series. You may remember he visited when his first book came out.

I read Simone St. James' gothic ghost story last week and it went straight to my keeper shelf! Scary and gripping!

I've read Denise's new book, too, and I think you'll like it! I've always liked Laura Childs - I'm looking forward to reading her new one.

These books of Cara Black's are all in the print format - enjoy!

Murder at the Lanterne Rouge (Aimee Leduc Series #12) 

Murder in Passy (Aimee Leduc Series #11) 

Murder in the Marais (Aimee Leduc Series #1) 

Murder in the Palais Royal (Aimee Leduc Series #10) 

Murder in the Latin Quarter (Aimee Leduc Series #9) 

Murder in the Rue de Paradis (Aimee Leduc Series #8) 

Murder in Belleville (Aimee Leduc Series #2) 

Murder in the Sentier (Aimee Leduc Series #3) 

Murder in the Bastille (Aimee Leduc Series #4) 

Murder in Montmartre (Aimee Leduc Series #6) 

Murder on the Ile Saint-Louis (Aimee Leduc Series #7) 

Murder in Clichy (Aimee Leduc Series #5) 

Murder on the Ile Saint-Louis (Aimee Leduc Series #7)              

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Thanks becke, same to you! BTW, Monday is President's Day, so I don't have work. Dad got several gift cards for Olive Garden for Mom for Valentine's Day, so we're planning to go there to celebrate on Monday. Today, my brother and sister-in-law are coming to join us for lunch at Islands. We're hoping to hear how my neice's interviews at several grad schools have gone. She's already gotten one firm offer from the UofA in Tucson, and has been to Colorado and Minnesota, interviewing with the Mayo Clinic there. Since we have a western branch of Mayo in Scottsdale, she's hoping if she gets the job, she'll be able to transfer to the clinic here in Arizona.

Oooh, becke, just checked the scedule for that mystery bookshop in Scottsdale, and Cara Black is going to be there on March 12!!!!! She's signing for her latest, Murder at the Lanterne Rouge. I love the title--doesn't that sound atmospheric, and Poe-like??? Wonder if it is set in NOLA?  Cara is on double billing with Rhys Bowen, who is signing her latest Molly Murphy, Hush Now, Don't You Cry. I think I'm going to be in Hog Heaven!

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Thanks becke, same to you! BTW, Monday is President's Day, so I don't have work. Dad got several gift cards for Olive Garden for Mom for Valentine's Day, so we're planning to go there to celebrate on Monday. Today, my brother and sister-in-law are coming to join us for lunch at Islands. We're hoping to hear how my neice's interviews at several grad schools have gone. She's already gotten one firm offer from the UofA in Tucson, and has been to Colorado and Minnesota, interviewing with the Mayo Clinic there. Since we have a western branch of Mayo in Scottsdale, she's hoping if she gets the job, she'll be able to transfer to the clinic here in Arizona.

Oooh, becke, just checked the scedule for that mystery bookshop in Scottsdale, and Cara Black is going to be there on March 12!!!!! She's signing for her latest, Murder at the Lanterne Rouge. I love the title--doesn't that sound atmospheric, and Poe-like??? Wonder if it is set in NOLA?  Cara is on double billing with Rhys Bowen, who is signing her latest Molly Murphy, Hush Now, Don't You Cry. I think I'm going to be in Hog Heaven!

I LOVE Rhys Bowen's books - I met her at Left Coast Crime, which was an exciting moment for me. My favorite series of hers is an old one featuring Evan, a Welsh detective. I've read some of each of her series, but I've read ALL the Evan books.

I've just ordered a couple of Cara's books - I love her titles! They are very atmospheric, and the books intrigue me! How exciting that you'll get to meet her in person!

Congratulations to your niece! My son is going through the same thing. He's been offered a fellowship at an extremely good Midwestern university, but he's waiting to hear back from several others. He's only heard from one so far - the responses will probably start coming any day now. I'm a basket case!

Have fun on Monday!

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Love the schedule for March, Becke. Dashiell Hammett has been one of my favorite writers with The Thin Man. I loved both the book and the movie.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
becke_davis
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Love the schedule for March, Becke. Dashiell Hammett has been one of my favorite writers with The Thin Man. I loved both the book and the movie.

His writing made such an impact on the whole mystery genre, he's a perfect author to feature in our American Mystery Classics!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Good morning, all (okay, it's almost noon, but still...). I just added a new guest blog to the schedule on March 20.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

We have a surprise guest blogger for Wednesday, March 22 - CAROLYN HART!