Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Re: Meet the Publisher: MACMILLAN

Hi, Kelli, welcome to the mystery club. I'll be looking forward to seeing your books.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hi, Ann,wlcome to the mystery club. I've not read anything by you but would definitely look forward to your book in September. 

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hi, Thomas, glad you could join us here. I'll be looking forward to your debut novel. It sounds interesting just by title.

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Hi, Thomas, glad you could join us here. I'll be looking forward to your debut novel. It sounds interesting just by title.

Hey Maxcat, (giggle) it's looks like you're doing the Walton's sign off in reverse! :smileytongue:

Hello EVERYONE! Thanks for chatting with us.

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

crzynwrd4lf wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Hilary - Forgive me, I just realized I didn't post a separate page for Tor/Forge!

Tor® Forge®

TOR podcasting

PODCASTS

Subscribe to Tor Podcasts and listen to the latest from Tor Authors and Editors, delivered right to your MP3 player.

Browse Tor/Forge Mystery and Thriller authors here.

(scratching head) TOR does mystery?

I've read alot of the sci fi- fantasy TOR publishes but didn't know they did mystery too.

I agree, didn't know Tor had mystery.

Author
JoelleCharbonneau
0 Kudos

Thanks for dropping by and saying hello:smileyhappy:  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll enjoy Skating Around the Law. And if you end up buying it, make sure to drop by my website.  There will be a t-shirt giveaway for anyone who buys the book in the first ten days.  My way of saying thanks for taking a chance on a new author:smileyhappy:

And thanks to Becke for creating MacMillan week.  It's fun to see some of my favorite friends and authors all coming to chat in one place.  What a great idea!!

Cheers,

Joelle

becke_davis
0 Kudos

crzynwrd4lf wrote:

So many books so little time!!! Becke, you always attract such a well rounded group of authors I don't know where to begin! Kayla

I know the feeling, Kayla - my to-be-read pile is very scary!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

JoelleCharbonneau wrote:

Thanks for dropping by and saying hello:smileyhappy:  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll enjoy Skating Around the Law. And if you end up buying it, make sure to drop by my website.  There will be a t-shirt giveaway for anyone who buys the book in the first ten days.  My way of saying thanks for taking a chance on a new author:smileyhappy:

And thanks to Becke for creating MacMillan week.  It's fun to see some of my favorite friends and authors all coming to chat in one place.  What a great idea!!

Cheers,

Joelle

Don't forget to check out Joelle's t-shirt giveaway!

Author
michaelwiley543
0 Kudos

As for the ESP, Hillary, it bugs the heck out of my kids. And thanks, MAXCAT: I love titles, good and bad ones alike.

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

hdNYC wrote:

Have to add that michaelwiley543 has ESP. I just posted a note about the quote in eadieburke's signature, then saw that he'd done the same thing a moment before!

Hilary

Great minds think alike!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
becke_davis
0 Kudos

michaelwiley543 wrote:

As for the ESP, Hillary, it bugs the heck out of my kids. And thanks, MAXCAT: I love titles, good and bad ones alike.

ESP would be pretty darn handy when kids are involved.

Author
hdNYC
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

You may have seen this already, but this past spring Macmillan launched a monthly e-newsletter called The Criminal Element. If you would like to get information about new mystery releases, you should sign up:

The Criminal Element

All the best,

Hilary 

Hilary Davidson

www.hilarydavidson.com

becke_davis
0 Kudos

hdNYC wrote:

Hi everyone,

You may have seen this already, but this past spring Macmillan launched a monthly e-newsletter called The Criminal Element. If you would like to get information about new mystery releases, you should sign up:

The Criminal Element

All the best,

Hilary 

Hilary Davidson

www.hilarydavidson.com

Hilary - thanks for reminding us about the newsletter. I hope you'll come back and visit with us again. The "what are you reading now?" thread is always interesting, and there's always something new going on!

I'm very glad we've had the opportunity to meet you. I'm looking forward to reading your book (these features are KILLING my to-be-read pile!).

Author
michaelwiley543
0 Kudos

Thanks, Becke! It's been a great week --

Michae

The Bad Kitty Lounge l

Author
michaelwiley543
0 Kudos

And this time with the "l" restored to my name --

Michael

The Bad Kitty Lounge

becke_davis
0 Kudos

michaelwiley543 wrote:

Thanks, Becke! It's been a great week --

Michae

The Bad Kitty Lounge l

Michael - don't forget, we love to hang out with authors here. Come back again soon!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

A huge thank you to everyone who joined us this week - come back and update us with your news, or just stick around to chat about books!

Author
RosemaryH
0 Kudos

rosemary

Learn more about Pushing Up Daisies.
Author
RosemaryH
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Arriving unfashionably late due to computer problems. Hey Becke, thanks for doing this...I learned a few things about my own publishing house. Nice to see some pals here too, including the adorable and supremely talented Brad Parks.

I write the Dirty Business mysteries featuring amateur sleuth Paula Holliday. I'd post a pic if i were that clever but maybe Becke will bail me out and post a pic of Dead Head my latest book about a nice suburban lady who just happens to be a fugitive from the law.

Just delivered the manuscript for book four, SlugFest which should come out next spring.

So Becke, will you be at Bouchercon this year? I'm registered but have just decided to join a trek to Everest Base Camp which starts on Oct. 23 so I will be leaving for Kathmandu on the 19th. That may be cutting it a bit close for B'con.

Rosemary

rosemary

Learn more about Pushing Up Daisies.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

The Big Dirt Nap (Dirty Business Series #2) 
RosemaryH wrote:

Hi all,

Arriving unfashionably late due to computer problems. Hey Becke, thanks for doing this...I learned a few things about my own publishing house. Nice to see some pals here too, including the adorable and supremely talented Brad Parks.

I write the Dirty Business mysteries featuring amateur sleuth Paula Holliday. I'd post a pic if i were that clever but maybe Becke will bail me out and post a pic of Dead Head my latest book about a nice suburban lady who just happens to be a fugitive from the law.

Just delivered the manuscript for book four, SlugFest which should come out next spring.

So Becke, will you be at Bouchercon this year? I'm registered but have just decided to join a trek to Everest Base Camp which starts on Oct. 23 so I will be leaving for Kathmandu on the 19th. That may be cutting it a bit close for B'con.

Rosemary

Dead Head (Dirty Business Series #3) 

Rosemary - Sadly, I won't make it to Bouchercon this year. It was great seeing you at RT, but it would have been nice to hang out again. I'm missing RWA National, too, because of a family wedding, but I will be at the Central Ohio Fiction Writers conference in October.

You know, if anyone said they were trekking to the base camp at Mt. Everest or going to Kathmandu, I would thing they were joking. But knowing what a world traveler you are, all I can do is wish you luck! 

My son went to Everest a couple years ago, and it was quite an experience. He didn't do a trek like you're doing, though. I hope you plan to take a lot of pictures - come and tell us all about your adventures when you get back!