becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: A Message from Penguin - NEW!!

Penguin is branching out - did you know they have a Pinterest page?

http://pinterest.com/penguinbooksusa/

They also have T-SHIRTS now! Here are the deets from Penguin:

With Inauguration Day coming up on January 20th, Penguin Classics is moving beyond books and releasing a line of high-end t-shirts based on our six-volume Penguin Civic Classics series, which features the great essential texts of American civic life.

The politically engaged and design-inspired will love these “Common Sense” and “Join, or Die” tees, designed and made in the U.S., with art drawn from early American ephermera and reinterpreted in modern graphic style by Gregg Kulick.  All shirts are 100% cotton and available in men’s/unisex or women’s cuts, in black or cream.

Check out the t-shirts here.  For those of your readers that want to be inauguration chic but don’t want to be limited to Obama’s souvenir store, these Ts are the perfect answer!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

I do like the looks of those T-shirts, becke.

However, I have one major complaint about Penguin's books.In reading some books published by Obsidian, which is a subsidiary group of Penguin, besides Penguin books proper, I have not been able to discover the name of the cover artist or designer.  You know me, from previous comments I've made in this forum, and how important I consider cover art to be when I'm considering buying a book. If any of the executive staff members from Penguin would happen to be visiting here, I respectfully request that the non-acknowledgment of cover art  be changed.Is it too much to ask for that information to be made available to the reader of these books?

Getting back to the T-shirts, I hasten to add that I for one would be interested in buying a T-Shirt with the cover art from some of the cozy mysteries published by Penguin/Obsidian.

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

I do like the looks of those T-shirts, becke.

However, I have one major complaint about Penguin's books.In reading some books published by Obsidian, which is a subsidiary group of Penguin, besides Penguin books proper, I have not been able to discover the name of the cover artist or designer.  You know me, from previous comments I've made in this forum, and how important I consider cover art to be when I'm considering buying a book. If any of the executive staff members from Penguin would happen to be visiting here, I respectfully request that the non-acknowledgment of cover art  be changed.Is it too much to ask for that information to be made available to the reader of these books?

Getting back to the T-shirts, I hasten to add that I for one would be interested in buying a T-Shirt with the cover art from some of the cozy mysteries published by Penguin/Obsidian.

I sent this link to their publicity department, so hopefully someone will see this.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

YAY! Thank you, becke!

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie