Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Re: Mysterious Connections

becke_davis wrote:

optic_i wrote:

Fricka wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

optic_i wrote:

Hi everyone ! 

Iam loving these mysterious connections ! 

Becke your 9 11  story about the Agatha Christie book that had the date set in the book as 9 11. While you were reading it on the day of the terrorists attack on 9 11 01.  WOW . what are the odds of that happening ?    :smileysurprised: 

Optic 

I've had that happen a lot - I'll be reading a book that features an important date or mentions a specific date, and it will turn out to be the date I'm reading it.

*cue Twilight Zone music*

Hmmmmm. Highly suspicious, that. As Leonard Hofsteader says to Sheldon Cooper on "The Big Bang Theory", " Are you sure you're not a robot?" Heh,heh.

Or 

She has her own time machine !  :smileyhappy:  Optic  

Can I borrow it  some time ?

Shhhhh! It's a secret!

Ah - so THAT'S whom the guys sold it to!!! :catwink:  (hey, love the new kitty emoticons!)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
becke_davis
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

optic_i wrote:

Fricka wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

optic_i wrote:

Hi everyone ! 

Iam loving these mysterious connections ! 

Becke your 9 11  story about the Agatha Christie book that had the date set in the book as 9 11. While you were reading it on the day of the terrorists attack on 9 11 01.  WOW . what are the odds of that happening ?    :smileysurprised: 

Optic 

I've had that happen a lot - I'll be reading a book that features an important date or mentions a specific date, and it will turn out to be the date I'm reading it.

*cue Twilight Zone music*

Hmmmmm. Highly suspicious, that. As Leonard Hofsteader says to Sheldon Cooper on "The Big Bang Theory", " Are you sure you're not a robot?" Heh,heh.

Or 

She has her own time machine !  :smileyhappy:  Optic  

Can I borrow it  some time ?

Shhhhh! It's a secret!

Ah - so THAT'S whom the guys sold it to!!! :catwink:  (hey, love the new kitty emoticons!)

I love those emoticons, too!

Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
becke_davis
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

Okay, you deserve a special prize for finding this!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

:catlol:
becke_davis wrote:

dulcinea3 wrote:

You BOTH deserve a prize for finding the pictures of the time machine!

I also love the new kitty emoticons!!!:catwink:

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:
becke_davis wrote:

dulcinea3 wrote:

You BOTH deserve a prize for finding the pictures of the time machine!

I also love the new kitty emoticons!!!:catwink:

I'm going to start calling you Catwoman! 

Scribe
optic_i
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone !

Becke your time machine explains alot !   :smileyhappy:

Dulcenia I loved the Big Bang Theory pic. Of course they have one also ! They forget to change their clothes between decades. It's a real clue !  

Optic

Scribe
optic_i

Hi Everyone,

I prefer the H.G. Wells version of the time machine also, but I have a feeling the future will look more this.   :smileyhappy:

Optic

becke_davis
0 Kudos

optic_i wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I prefer the H.G. Wells version of the time machine also, but I have a feeling the future will look more this.   :smileyhappy:

Optic

Scribe
optic_i
0 Kudos

Another mysterious connection !

The connection between Peter Robinson's In a Dry Season describes towns in England that were flooded to make a reservoir. Also, Stephen King, who appeared in a photograph with Peter Robinson on Robinson's blog, wrote a book, Dreamcatcher, which features Quabbin reservoir in Massachusetts. Quabbin is the site where four towns were flooded to make the reservoir in the 1930's.   :smileyhappy:

Optic

In a Dry Season (Inspector Alan Banks Series #10)

Dreamcatcher

The Quabbin Reservoir is the now the largest body of water in Massachusetts. However, the area it now occupies once had four small towns and a network of roads and rail tracks running through it – all of which were flooded or displaced by the filling of the area with water. While some public structures, memorials and graves were moved out of the way many still sit today at the bottom of this body of water. Some nearby structures sit above the waterline but were abandoned without the adjacent buildings that sustained their use.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

optic_i wrote:

Another mysterious connection !

The connection between Peter Robinson's In a Dry Season describes towns in England that were flooded to make a reservoir. Also, Stephen King, who appeared in a photograph with Peter Robinson on Robinson's blog, wrote a book, Dreamcatcher, which features Quabbin reservoir in Massachusetts. Quabbin is the site where four towns were flooded to make the reservoir in the 1930's.   :smileyhappy:

Optic

In a Dry Season (Inspector Alan Banks Series #10)

Dreamcatcher

The Quabbin Reservoir is the now the largest body of water in Massachusetts. However, the area it now occupies once had four small towns and a network of roads and rail tracks running through it – all of which were flooded or displaced by the filling of the area with water. While some public structures, memorials and graves were moved out of the way many still sit today at the bottom of this body of water. Some nearby structures sit above the waterline but were abandoned without the adjacent buildings that sustained their use.

I hereby dub thee the QUEEN OF MYSTERIOUS CONNECTIONS!