Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Mystery in August

[ Edited ]

The new month of Mystery features will begin on Monday, August 3:

The Mystery book club reads Asking for Murder, by Roberta Islieb and Dark and Deadly by Jeanne Adams.

Dark and Deadly is Jeanne's second novel, and both are getting very good reviews:

Dark and Dangerous  

Dark and Deadly  

Roberta Isleib is a multi-published author who has written a number of different series. We're going to be featuring one of her Advice Column series books, but you golfers out there might want to make a note of her others:

Asking for Murder   Deadly Advice   Preaching to the Corpse   Putt to Death   A Buried Lie   Fairway to Heaven  

Final Fore  

Jeanne and Roberta will be checking in all month to respond to your questions and comments. We will also have a couple of Tuesday Author Visits:

Nina Bruhns, the author of several romantic suspense novels, will be visiting on Tuesday, August 4

Shoot to Thrill   Top-Secret Bride (Silhouette Romantic Suspense #1480)   Killer Temptation (Silhouette Romantic Suspense Series #1516)   Prince Charming for 1 Night (Silhouette Romantic Suspense #1568)   The Rebel Prince (Silhouette Romantic Suspense #1504)   The Forbidden Enchantment (Silhouette Romantic Suspence #1454)  

And on Tuesday, August 11, we will have a joint visit from authors Charles Salzberg and Laurence Klavan:

Swann's Last Song   The Cutting Room   The Shooting Script  

Message Edited by becke_davis on 07-26-2009 03:45 PM
Author
NinaBruhns
0 Kudos

Re: Mystery in August

Hi Becke!

Is this where I'm supposed to be? :smileyvery-happy:

Nina

Nina Bruhns
www.NinaBruhns.com
SHOOT TO THRILL, Berkley, Aug 09
IF LOOKS COULD CHILL, Berkley, Dec 09
A KISS TO KILL, Berkley, Apr 10
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I'm late with everything today Nina -- I've had problems with power cuts, due to a major electrical storm here and I'm still catching up. Because I'm runninng late, we're going to give you an extra day, instead of the Tuesday visit I promised. I'm setting it up now!
Author
NinaBruhns
0 Kudos

Okay folks! Not sure if this is the right place, but here goes! :smileyvery-happy:

I'm Nina Bruhns, the author of SHOOT TO THRILL, which comes out today! 

Shoot to Thrill 

I'm pretty excited, as this is my debut romantic thriller from Berkley (Penguin). I've had about 15 novels published by Silhouette prior to this, in their Romantic Suspense line. But those are of a much shorter format, so it's been great fun stretching into the larger scope of mainstream fiction! 

SHOOT TO THRILL is a fast-paced, international spec ops-style thriller, which features some interestingly flawed characters, exotic settings, and naturally a lot of sizzling-hot romance. ;D It is book 1 of a 3-book series, book 2 of which, IF LOOKS COULD CHILL, comes out in  December, and book 3, A KISS TO KILL, comes out in April next year. 

I'll be hanging around all day, so if you have any questions for me about the book, or writing, or whatever's on your mind, I'll be happy to answer them!  :smileyvery-happy:

Meanwhile, for more info on SHOOT TO THRILL, me, or my books, check out my website at NinaBruhns.com

Good reading!!!

Nina

Nina Bruhns
www.NinaBruhns.com
Author
NinaBruhns
0 Kudos

Cool! Okay, Becke!!! :smileyvery-happy:
Nina Bruhns
www.NinaBruhns.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I'm tweeting about all our visiting authors on Twitter. Follow me, if you aren't already: Becke_Davis
Author
Caridad_Pineiro
0 Kudos

Congrats on the new series, Nina!  It sounds great and the cover is eye-popping!
Caridad Pineiro
STRONGER THAN SIN Nov 2010
AZTEC GOLD Jan 2011
Visit www.caridad.com for additional information
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Hi Caridad, and welcome to the Mystery Book Club! I gave Nina her own thread, and asked her to visit again tomorrow, too, since I was late with her intro today.
Author
NinaBruhns
0 Kudos

I've moved! 

Please join me over at my thread at: Nina Bruhns on B&N Mystery Board

See you there!!!

Nina

Nina Bruhns
www.NinaBruhns.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I just started a new MySpace page under my real name, Becke Davis (I already have one under my pen name) so I can talk about Barnes and Noble's book clubs and books, books, books. I have nooooo friends there, so come keep me company: http://www.myspace.com/492379785
Frequent Contributor
Clea_Simon
0 Kudos

What a great duo! I know and admire Roberta Isleib from several books back, but Jeanne Adams is new to me.
"Probable Claws," April '09
"Shades of Grey," Sept. '09
http://www.cleasimon.com
Frequent Contributor
Clea_Simon
0 Kudos

Hi Becke!

Are you on Facebook? I find I hardly ever go to Myspace anymore...

Clea 

"Probable Claws," April '09
"Shades of Grey," Sept. '09
http://www.cleasimon.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Clea_Simon wrote:

Hi Becke!

Are you on Facebook? I find I hardly ever go to Myspace anymore...

Clea 

Clea - I use my pen name there: Becke Martin. We're friends there!
 I also have a Becke Martin page on MySpace, and I'm on Twitter as both Becke_Davis (for my B&N stuff) and Becke_Martin.