becke_davis
0 Kudos

NEW FRIENDS - WELCOME TO OUR MONTH OF ROMANTIC SUSPENSE

We will be featuring a different romantic suspense author every day during our Month of Romantic Suspense. Sadly, February has only 28 days so I couldn't fit in all the authors I would have liked to include.

I'm sure we'll be doing this again, and I do have a list of authors I'd like to feature in Round Two. But, in the meantime, this thread is for authors of romantic suspense (not self-published, please) who missed the first round. Whether you are a debut author or one of the many best-selling authors I missed, introduce yourselves here.

You are welcome to click "Add Product" to add links to your books, and I suggest you include links to your website, blogs, book reviews or interviews you'd like to share. If you have a book trailer, send me a personal message or email me at Treethyme@aol.com and I'll post it for you.

I'm looking forward to meeting you!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: NEW FRIENDS - WELCOME TO OUR MONTH OF ROMANTIC SUSPENSE

I'm trying to find an graphic to illustrate romantic suspense. This is harder than I thought it would be.

Hmmm. Maybe a little gruesome. How about this?

Better, but still not sure . . .

gun + heart necklace - photo

These are cool, but still not sure. Any suggestions?

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Hmm 3rd one's not bad. Clean and to the point.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I kind of like that one, too, Tigger.

Note to authors -- let me know if you have trouble signing in. Email me: Treethyme@aol.com (Anyone else having trouble posting comments, feel free to let me know, too.)

New User
carterkid

I'll introduce myself. I have 4 romantic suspense novels published, with a 6th on the way, and a 6th under contract:.

Finding Sarah

Hidden Fire

What's In A Name

When Danger Calls

I love a mystery theme, so my books reflect that.

Terry Odell
Romance with a Twist of Mystery
www.terryodell.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Hi Terry! Thanks so much for telling us about your books - these look great!

Author
EricaRidley

Erica Ridley, author of gothic mystery TOO WICKED TO KISS

I'm debut author Erica Ridley, and I write sexy gothic mystery for Kensington. My debut Too Wicked To Kiss hits stores March 2, but you can start reading in advance starting TODAY by signing up at http://www.2wicked2kiss.com - plus you're automatically entered to win a signed copy. Join the countdown and win!

Also come be friends with me at:

Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/EricaRidley

Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/EricaRidleyFans

Author website - http://www.EricaRidley.com

Unauthorized Scandal Sheet - http://www.2wicked2kiss.com

Hope to "meet" you!!

Erica

Too Wicked to Kiss

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Erica Ridley, author of gothic mystery TOO WICKED TO KISS

[ Edited ]

Hi Erica - great to see you here! I've had the pleasure of reading TOO WICKED TO KISS, and I loved it! It's a gothic in the style of my favorite Victoria Holt stories - I hope this is a sign that the gothics are returning!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Colleen Thompson is having some trouble signing in. In the meantime, here is a video clip of her upcoming release:
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Hi Erica and Terry, your novels look great.

So many new authors so little time :womanwink:

New User
Colleen_ThompsonTX

Hi, everyone. I'm Colleen Thompson, and I write Texas-set romantic thrillers for Lovespell. Becke was kind enough to post a video trailer for my 2/23/10 release, Touch of Evil.Touch of Evil cover

Thought I'd add the back cover copy as well.

Tight

The noose cuts off all air, leaving its victim struggling hopelessly against death. One by one, the members of a small town zydeco band are being murdered by a macabre killer.

Tight

Sheriff Justine Wofford is boxed in on all sides, investigating a series of gruesome hangings everyone else considers suicide. Hospitalized by a severe blow to the head, unable to remember the details of the attack, under fire from her own department, she reaches out to the man she's sworn to avoid at any cost.

Tight

Their affair was a close-kept secret, their bodies coming together with explosive heat even as she tried to maintain emotional distance. But now Justine can't stay away from Ross. Somehow, he's mixed up in this case and his hold on her is only getting tighter.

I love getting to know readers and hope you'll consider catching up with me in one of the following ways:

Website: www.colleen-thompson.com (Contains printable booklist, video, appearances, info on contests, etc.)

Twitter: http://twitter.com/AuthorColleen

Mailing list: Colleen_Thompson_Author_News-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Blog: www.boxingoctopus.blogspot.com

Along with writing, I'm also a huge reader. Reading right now: Susan Crandall's Sleep No More, and thought I'd pass along a recommendation. I'm really enjoying it.

Have a great day!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Susan will be visiting with us on Thursday, Colleen. I've had the pleasure of meeting her, and will see her again at a Barnes & Noble book signing in Cincinnati that's coming up soon:

http://store-locator.barnesandnoble.com/event/3025875

A mystery group meets there, too:http://store-locator.barnesandnoble.com/event/3026193

becke_davis
0 Kudos

New User
CarolPre

Hello everyone, I'm Carol Preflatish and I write romantic suspense. My first novel, an e-book, was released in December. Love, Lies & Deceit was published by Red Rose Publishing. I love writing about espionage, although the book I am writing now is about a county sheriff. You can learn more about me at my web site, http://CarolPre.webs.com

Carol

Reader
PAGraves

[ Edited ]

My name is Paula Graves, and I write category-length romantic suspense for Harlequin Intrigue. 

My fifth book, Case File: Canyon Creek, Wyoming, came out in January.

My sixth book, Chickasaw County Captive, debuts this month.  They're part of my brand new Cooper Justice series, featuring six brothers and a sister whose family runs a fishing camp in northeast Alabama.

Books seven and eight come out in August and September of this year - One Tough Marine in August and Bachelor Sheriff in September.  I also plan to finish out the series in 2011 with a more tightly connected trilogy that will come out back to back sometime near the middle of the year.

Previous books include Forbidden Territory, Forbidden Temptation, Forbidden Touch and Cowboy Alibi.

I love writing romantic suspense because it combines two things I have always loved in a book—spine-tingling thrills and happily-ever-after endings.  There's nothing more fun than reading a story that keeps you up all night wondering what will happen next, then pays off all your anxieties with a satisfying ending where true love prevails.  Here's a secret:  it can be just as much fun to write that kind of story.

Paula Graves
Cooper Justice miniseries:
Case File: Canyon Creek, Wyoming - Jan. '10 Chickasaw County Captive - Feb '10
One Tough Marine - August '10 Bachelor Sheriff - September '10.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Hi Paula - I'm so glad you posted! I read a lot of category romantic suspense, and I have several in my keeper pile. I tried to invite a broad range of authors when I set up this feature - another author of category romantic suspense, Kay Thomas, will be featured later in the month. 

The word "category" is sometimes used in a kind of negative way, but I don't think that should be the case at all. Many NYT best selling authors got started in category romance -- that's where Nora Roberts first became popular.

I'll have to check out your books - thanks for joining us!