Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

Re: NEW RELEASES!

eadieburke wrote:

The Casual Vacancy  

This is interesting:

The book JK Rowling is writing "for adults" is now available for pre-order, with fulfillment scheduled for September 27.

Awwww, eadie, you beat me to it! I am sooooo looking forward to reading Rowling's book. Too bad we have to wait until September to get the book!!!!. The book is so new, that the cover hasn't even been revealed yet--we just get the picture of Rowling herself, which, as I think about it, is probably a pretty savvy marketing strategy, as all of her Harry Potter fans will be likely to check out the book just because it's written by JK.

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

eadieburke wrote:

The Casual Vacancy  

This is interesting:

The book JK Rowling is writing "for adults" is now available for pre-order, with fulfillment scheduled for September 27.

Awwww, eadie, you beat me to it! I am sooooo looking forward to reading Rowling's book. Too bad we have to wait until September to get the book!!!!. The book is so new, that the cover hasn't even been revealed yet--we just get the picture of Rowling herself, which, as I think about it, is probably a pretty savvy marketing strategy, as all of her Harry Potter fans will be likely to check out the book just because it's written by JK.

It's about politics in a small town. As I was involved in politics in my small town, I will be able to really relate to this book!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
becke_davis
0 Kudos

eadieburke wrote:

The Prisoner of Heaven  - Release date July 10, 2012

I'm excited about this one:

Sequel to SHADOW OF THE WIND and ANGEL'S GAME

My son loves this series, and coincidentally he has a birthday in July. Thanks for the tip!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

eadieburke wrote:

The Casual Vacancy  

This is interesting:

I'm really curious about this one.

I hope it does well. It's not like she needs the money, but I bet she's really nervous about this. If it isn't a hit, you know she'll get all kinds of (undeserved) flak.

Frequent Contributor
Oak_Tree_Press_Jeana
0 Kudos

Dog Island  

Cornelius “Corney” Graham, part-time EMT and full time beach bum, is jarred from his insular life on Dog Island when a boat floats up on his island. The pilot is dead and the passenger, beautiful Lisa Cataldo, is wounded. Corney searches the boat for more potential victims, but finds instead a bundle of cash and a stash of cocaine. Impulsively, Corney destroys the drugs, and decides not to call the police. All is well until the drug smugglers come to Dog Island in search of their property and the woman who robbed them.

Frequent Contributor
Oak_Tree_Press_Jeana
0 Kudos

A Fair to Die For  

It’s October, craft fair season in the Ozarks, and Carrie and Henry are helping their friend Shirley sell her quilts and Baby Cuddlys at the War Eagle Craft Fair. After a mysterious cousin with ties to drug dealers appears, danger stalks the fair. When Carrie is abducted by killers following a breakfast at War Eagle Mill, she’s afraid she won’t escape, because—though her aim in life has always been to help others out of problems—no one who can help her knows where she is. “There is no me out there to help me.”
  You can visit Radine's website at www.RadineBooks.com

dhaupt
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

eadieburke wrote:

The Casual Vacancy  

This is interesting:

I'm really curious about this one.

I hope it does well. It's not like she needs the money, but I bet she's really nervous about this. If it isn't a hit, you know she'll get all kinds of (undeserved) flak.

Well I'm not holding my breath but I did contact her publicity firm requesting a Q&A :smileyhappy:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

From Carina Press:

Timeless Innocents
by Janis Susan May 

Have you ever had that eerie, prickly-on-the-back-of-your-neck feeling that you're being watched—then you turn around, and it's a doll or toy or statue, staring at you with lifeless eyes? I'll freely admit to laying my kids' toys facedown in the toy box at night when my husband is away. Somehow those little faces just…creep me out when I'm alone! 

Now imagine staying alone in an old house, with a room full of little figurines that just look so…lifelike. You'd probably shrug off any uneasy feelings as just nerves or superstition, right? Until odd things start happening….

I can't say more without completely spoiling this delightfully creepy book, but if you enjoy spooky stories that leave you with a little involuntary shudder at the end, you'll love Timeless Innocents as much as I did.

Timeless Innocents  

Contributor
tonyakappes
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

A Charming Crime  

Bubble... Bubble...

June Heal has nothing to lose when she relocates her homeopathic cure shop, A Dose of Darla, from the flea market booth in her home town, to a quaint shop in the cozy but unusual little town of Whispering Falls, Kentucky. Or so it seems.

Cures and trouble...

Whispering Falls has a lot of secrets. From talking snow globes to whispering animals not to mention a few sprinkles of fairy dust, June realizes Whispering Falls is more magical than she thought. . .literally.

Magic stirs...

June discovers she was born into a family of psychics, and her homeopathic cures truly are magical. Unfortunately, they are not magical enough to save her from being the number one murder suspect when a member of the community that she had just had a disagreement with shows up face down in the lake with June’s lucky charm in the victim’s grasp.

And troubles double...

Add to that an attraction to her high school best friend, Sheriff Oscar Park and  Mr. Prince Charming, her cat, is stealing charms from Belle’s Baubles, June is forced to clear her name in more ways than murder. After all, they don’t have cauldrons in jail.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

tonyakappes wrote:

A Charming Crime  

Yay, Tonya!

Here's her website: http://tonyakappes.blogspot.com/

She has a Facebook group page here: 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/208579765929709/

And she has another mystery, too:

Splitsville. com  

New User
JR_Reardon
0 Kudos

Advice and Consent  Good morning, everyone!  My name is J.R. Reardon, and I am the author of "The Rebecca Tameron Mystery Series." I am thrilled to be able to share with you the release of my third mystery/legal thriller, ADVICE AND CONSENT, available right here in paperback, hardcover and NOOK!  The synopsis is as follows...

United States Supreme Court Justice Sean McNaught, the crucial swing vote on a divided court, has decided to retire. It is up to President James Cotson to find his replacement. The President’s search is plagued with problems as his first two nominees are rejected. Worse, a wave of terrorist attacks targeting Supreme Court Justices and members of Congress shock the nation. During this national crisis, 13 year old Angelica Hernandez sits in the courtroom of Judge Rebecca Tameron in the Federal District Court of Vermont, waiting for the sentencing of Gedof Maradon, the man who brutally attacked her. Maradon fails to appear at his sentencing and Angelica, who knows more about his crimes than she has told, is in grave danger.

Reardon’s latest thriller once again sends Rebecca up and down the East Coast, this time in a desperate attempt to protect an innocent young girl as well as the lives of the country’s highest officials. How can she protect Angelica? What secrets does Angelica know? More importantly, how can Rebecca possibly protect anyone when her own family is in danger?

A fast-paced, captivating and disturbingly credible thriller, ADVICE AND CONSENT keeps readers engrossed in layers of suspense until a breathtaking conclusion that they won’t see coming. Pun intended, ADVICE AND CONSENT sets a new bar!

I hope you get a chance to check it out, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did penning it.  This one is a bit different than the first two as I think it is more fast-paced, and it also has the elements of medical thriller and political thriller as well as legal thriller within.  That's what happens when you write a mystery surrounding all three branches of government, right?   

Enjoy!

Your friend,

J.R. Reardon xo

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

JR_Reardon wrote:

Advice and Consent  Good morning, everyone!  My name is J.R. Reardon, and I am the author of "The Rebecca Tameron Mystery Series." I am thrilled to be able to share with you the release of my third mystery/legal thriller, ADVICE AND CONSENT, available right here in paperback, hardcover and NOOK!  The synopsis is as follows...

United States Supreme Court Justice Sean McNaught, the crucial swing vote on a divided court, has decided to retire. It is up to President James Cotson to find his replacement. The President’s search is plagued with problems as his first two nominees are rejected. Worse, a wave of terrorist attacks targeting Supreme Court Justices and members of Congress shock the nation. During this national crisis, 13 year old Angelica Hernandez sits in the courtroom of Judge Rebecca Tameron in the Federal District Court of Vermont, waiting for the sentencing of Gedof Maradon, the man who brutally attacked her. Maradon fails to appear at his sentencing and Angelica, who knows more about his crimes than she has told, is in grave danger.

Reardon’s latest thriller once again sends Rebecca up and down the East Coast, this time in a desperate attempt to protect an innocent young girl as well as the lives of the country’s highest officials. How can she protect Angelica? What secrets does Angelica know? More importantly, how can Rebecca possibly protect anyone when her own family is in danger?

A fast-paced, captivating and disturbingly credible thriller, ADVICE AND CONSENT keeps readers engrossed in layers of suspense until a breathtaking conclusion that they won’t see coming. Pun intended, ADVICE AND CONSENT sets a new bar!

I hope you get a chance to check it out, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did penning it.  This one is a bit different than the first two as I think it is more fast-paced, and it also has the elements of medical thriller and political thriller as well as legal thriller within.  That's what happens when you write a mystery surrounding all three branches of government, right?   

Enjoy!

Your friend,

J.R. Reardon xo

Welcome J.R.

Your book looks very interesting - I'll have to check it out!

Thanks for visiting with us!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
becke_davis
0 Kudos

JR_Reardon wrote:

Enjoy!

Your friend,

J.R. Reardon xo

Welcome, J.R. - thanks for telling us about your new release!

New User
JR_Reardon
0 Kudos

You are quite welcome, Becke!  Thanks for having me!  Sorry it took so long to reply.....crazy weekend!  I hope everyone else is enjoying theirs as well!  :-)

New User
JR_Reardon
0 Kudos

Thanks, Eadie!  And I love that quote by our dear Mrs. Roosevelt.... :-)

becke_davis
0 Kudos

JR_Reardon wrote:

You are quite welcome, Becke!  Thanks for having me!  Sorry it took so long to reply.....crazy weekend!  I hope everyone else is enjoying theirs as well!  :-)

I'm in the process of packing/moving, so I'm not checking in quite as often as usual. Hopefully I'll get back to normal soon!

Frequent Contributor
Oak_Tree_Press_Jeana
0 Kudos

The Back of Beyond  

David Coles and Jack Everett

Debut of The Abbot and the Acolyte Series...Abbot Rutilius, for his sins against authority, is made Papal auditor of monasteries in 13th Century France. With his newly appointed Acolyte, William, he comes to St. Guilhem where money laundering in the abbey kitchens and a nasty murder await investigation. Soon, another murder claims a second monk, twin to the first victim. What is the connection? How can the disagreeable Gilbert be held accountable? Who took the Abbot’s pie? It takes an intractable goat and a near-drowning in an underground river to expose the truth. The Abbot acquires a little humility while the Acolyte gains rather more from the Comte’s daughter...

You can visit their website at http://www.davidbcoles.co.uk/home.html 

and

Frequent Contributor
Oak_Tree_Press_Jeana
0 Kudos

Three Seconds to Thunder  

C.K.Crigger

China Bohannon is a modern 1890’s career woman, but the Doyle & Howe Detective Agency hasn’t turned her loose on a case of her own just yet. China is champing at the bit and when a call for help comes in, a trip into the mountains above the St. Joe country sounds just the thing to prove her worth and assist a friend at the same time. Porter Anderson’s uncle has disappeared and a Johnny-come-lately timber baron has claimed the family homestead. What’s more, he has a bill of sale for it that Porter knows his uncle didn’t sign. The problem is proving it—or so it would seem. Porter doesn’t believe his uncle sold out and left the country without telling anybody. He’s afraid old Lionel Hooker might be dead—murdered.
Declaring the case unsuitable for a lady like China, Monk takes it on, but now no one has heard from him in days. China sets out to discover his whereabouts as the dry lightning of summer sets the woods ablaze.
What she finds is a trail of lies, theft, and murder, with her uncle Monk likely the next victim. Then, just when the problem appears solved, trouble breaks out again. This time, Gratton Doyle is the one in danger and it’s China who must bail him out.

You can visit her website at http://www.ckcrigger.com/

Frequent Contributor
Oak_Tree_Press_Jeana
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Oak_Tree_Press_Jeana wrote:

The Mysterious Case of the Missing Birthday Cake  

Beryl Reichenberg

I think this is the right cover: