Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: NINA BRUHNS, Day 15, Month of Romantic Suspense

Hi fcammer! I have to find out about Dangerous Women. Somehow I don't think this is it:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Nina - Thank you so much for spending time with us today! This is "your" thread now, and I encourage you to come back and post on it whenever you want. Just search your name and it will come up. I hope you will update the thread whenever you have a new release, a new blog or interview, a contest win (!) or if you do a B&N book signing. Or for any reason - you're always welcome here!

Do come back as often as you like this month, too. Your thread will be "above the fold" all month. Thanks again, and stay warm! (And no, you don't have to sign off -- stick around as long as you like!)

Contributor
WendyWP
0 Kudos

Hi Nina,

I'm a dangerous woman! LOL If you have not read Nina's writing you need to. She's an awesome author and her stories will completely pull you in!!!

hugs,

WendyK

WendyK
www.mybookaddictionandmore.wordpress.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

WendyWP wrote:

Hi Nina,

I'm a dangerous woman! LOL If you have not read Nina's writing you need to. She's an awesome author and her stories will completely pull you in!!!

hugs,

WendyK

Hi Wendy - I discovered Nina's books last year. They're great!

New User
lrwirum
0 Kudos

Hi Nina :smileyvery-happy:

Congrats on all the books and awards and nominations. 

Sounds like you have a lot to get ideas from.  :smileyvery-happy:

Larena (lrwirum)

Contributor
Lady_Graeye
0 Kudos

Hi Nina, When I read that your were an Archaeologist I was in ahh. I always dreamed of being one and to top it off you became a writer as well; my second dream. I haven't read ay of your books yet but I do have them on my TBP list. Where do you get your inspiration? How long does it you to write one book? Thanks, Lisa
"You Can Never Own Too Many Books; It's Just Not Possible!!!"
becke_davis
0 Kudos

lrwirum wrote:

Hi Nina :smileyvery-happy:

Congrats on all the books and awards and nominations. 

Sounds like you have a lot to get ideas from.  :smileyvery-happy:

Larena (lrwirum)

Thanks so much for stopping by! Nina will be checking in later - I'm sure she'll respond asap!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Lady_Graeye wrote:
Hi Nina, When I read that your were an Archaeologist I was in ahh. I always dreamed of being one and to top it off you became a writer as well; my second dream. I haven't read ay of your books yet but I do have them on my TBP list. Where do you get your inspiration? How long does it you to write one book? Thanks, Lisa
So did I! I thought that would be really romantic. My brother majored in Archaeology at college, and I thought that was such a cool thing. (Even if he didn't up pursuing that career.)

Author
NinaBruhns
0 Kudos

Thanks Larena!  LOL, yeah, there's never a shortage of ideas. The problem is choosing the one/s to write about! :smileyvery-happy:

Nina

Nina Bruhns
www.NinaBruhns.com
SHOOT TO THRILL, Berkley, Aug 09
IF LOOKS COULD CHILL, Berkley, Dec 09
A KISS TO KILL, Berkley, Apr 10
Author
NinaBruhns
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa!

Yeah...well, they are both incredibly interesting professions, but not terribly practical. LOL. I always tell people with both of those areas you really have to be dedicated in order to make a living at them.

As for inspiration...it's everywhere! Literally anything can spark an idea that could become a dynamite story. I generally find that "situations" intrigue me. I'll see something that doesn't quite make sense, or that could be something entirely different than it appears to be, and my imagination takes off and tries to fill in the blanks. If it's interesting enough, the scenario will follow me around for weeks, months or even years. That's how I know it'll make a good book...the staying power. Those are the stories that write themselves. :smileyvery-happy:

How long to write a book? It depends on the book! LOL. I generally try to write about 6 or 7 pages a day, so it'll take anywhere from 2 to 4 months to finish a book, depending on the length I'm going for. In the beginning it took a lot longer, and sometimes I have been known to finish a book faster than that (deadlines are a great motivator!). But that's just me. I have friends who can finish a first draft in a week (boy I wish!), and others who take a year or more to write a book. I always tell beginning writers to write one page a day. Then at the end of a year you'll have a book. If you get overwhelmed by the thought of writing all those pages, that's a good way to break it down to be less intimidating. Anyone can write one page a day, right? :smileyvery-happy:

Good luck!

Nina

Nina Bruhns
www.NinaBruhns.com
Author
NinaBruhns
0 Kudos

LOL Becke!!!  I LOVE that Dangerous Women graphic!!!  We need to put it on our website <G>.

In case you'd like to join us (we'd love to have all of you!!!) here's the link to our website. The loop is really fun, with lots of giveaways and interesting discussions.

http://www.dangerwomenwriting.com

http://www.dangerwomenwriting.com/readers-loop

Dangerous Reader button

Nina Bruhns
www.NinaBruhns.com
Author
NinaBruhns
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thanks Becke!!!

It was great being your guest today! I'll definitely drop in and let everyone know what's going on with my books and appearances!

Thanks again!

Nina

becke_davis wrote:

Nina - Thank you so much for spending time with us today! This is "your" thread now, and I encourage you to come back and post on it whenever you want. .. Your thread will be "above the fold" all month. Thanks again, and stay warm! (And no, you don't have to sign off -- stick around as long as you like!)

Nina Bruhns
www.NinaBruhns.com
Author
NinaBruhns
0 Kudos

Nina Bruhns' South Carolina appearances in Feb

If anyone is in South Carolina, I'll be appearing at 2 events this month!

The first is in Charleston, at the Center for Women on Saturday, Feb 20 starting at 10am.  www.c4women.org/Calendar/2010_feb.html#writers

Then I'll be at the South Carolina Book Festival on Sat and Sunday, Feb 27-28. On Sat I'll be doing 2 panels, and on Sun I'll be one of the featured authors at the Brunching With Authors event.

www.scbookfestival.org

Hope to see some of you there! Be sure to come up and say hi!

Nina

Nina Bruhns
www.NinaBruhns.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I'm in! I'll go check it out right now - thanks for the links!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Nina Bruhns' South Carolina appearances in Feb

NinaBruhns wrote:

The first is in Charleston, at the Center for Women on Saturday, Feb 20 starting at 10am.  www.c4women.org/Calendar/2010_feb.html#writers

Then I'll be at the South Carolina Book Festival on Sat and Sunday, Feb 27-28. On Sat I'll be doing 2 panels, and on Sun I'll be one of the featured authors at the Brunching With Authors event.

www.scbookfestival.org

Nina

Wow - when do you rest? Let me know if you're ever in the Ohio Valley area! Are you going to be at RT or Lori Foster's event? I hope I'll get to meet you one of these days!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Nina Bruhns' South Carolina appearances in Feb

NinaBruhns wrote:

www.scbookfestival.org

Nina

Wow - when do you rest? Let me know if you're ever in the Ohio Valley area! Are you going to be at RT or Lori Foster's event? I hope I'll get to meet you one of these days!

becke_davis
0 Kudos
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Nina - Have fun at your book signings! I'll look forward to seeing you here again soon!
Reader 2
Froggarita
0 Kudos

Hi Nina!!

I am Froggy from over at Dangerous Women....I am addicted to the nocturne series and can not wait to see these!! I love the Elizabeth Peters novels and these sound right up my alley! So when are they due out? I need to makrk my calendar! LOL! :smileywink:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Hi Froggy - thanks for joining us!