Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Bargains

Thanks, Katia! Readers and authors - you're welcome to add more book bargains here!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Rick Mofina's award-winning short story "Lightning Rider" is now FREE for a limited time on Nook!

Michael Connelly selected "Lightning Rider" for inclusion in the anthology he edited, Murder in Vegas.

"Lightning Rider"

She came to Las Vegas, a city of risk. Not to gamble but to collect.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Today's FREE FRIDAYS selection is MAN LAW by AdrienneGiordano - a thrilling romance 

Man Law by Adrienne Giordano: NOOK Book Cover
Author
ToniD16
0 Kudos

I'd like to let readers know that I've just put my mystery BADWATER on sale--down from $2.99 to .99. This is a pre-Thanksgiving limited time offer. I'll call it gold Monday. :smileywink:

BADWATER is about a team of forensic geologists tracking stolen radioactive waste in Death Valley.

Review: "In this superb, taut, action-packed thriller set in the California desert, a highway hijacking turns toxic and Cassie Oldfield, forensic geologist, is called in to help the FBI and the EPA's Radiological Emergency Response Team track down stolen casks of nuclear waste. Sophisticated soil analysis is not normally a deadly occupation, yet before it's all over, Cassie comes face to face with a sociopathic killer and with her own mortality. Notice to criminals: watch out for Cassie! She knows where you've been. Fans of Nevada Barr are going to love this book just as much as I did."
- Marcia Talley, Agatha and Anthony award-winning author of the Hannah Ives mysteries

BADWATER  

becke_davis

A friend of mine recommended this book, which is a Nook bargain at 99 cents:

Blind Veil  

Reader
franklygrace
0 Kudos

Thanks for posting, Becke!

Here's B&N's Overview...

"Can a seemingly innocent boat ride forever change the life of Simms; a former U.S. Marine turned New York City Cop?

Find out when the Officer meets an eccentric scientist who claims to hold secret knowledge that has been hidden from the rest of society.

Is this all truly happening, or is Simms slowly losing his grip on reality? Unfortunately for him, neither conclusion between the two worlds is better than the other as the clarifying line between reality and impossibility slowly disintegrates, turning his world upside down.

He must dig thirty years into his past; deep beneath the veil and the mesh of murder, lies and deceit to find answers.

Follow the trail of events that will forever shape his future… and maybe yours."

...and my review:-)

I was captivated from beginning to end! It has a unique plot that is quite believable. It has well developed characters that you love to love, and love to hate! Plenty of twists and turns. It's a fast moving read that kept me wanting more! I highly recommend it if you like crime fiction, science fiction or conspiratorial stories. Michael Lorde is a promising up and coming author- I can't wait for the sequel... bring it on!!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

franklygrace wrote:

Thanks for posting, Becke!

Here's B&N's Overview...

"Can a seemingly innocent boat ride forever change the life of Simms; a former U.S. Marine turned New York City Cop?

Find out when the Officer meets an eccentric scientist who claims to hold secret knowledge that has been hidden from the rest of society.

Is this all truly happening, or is Simms slowly losing his grip on reality? Unfortunately for him, neither conclusion between the two worlds is better than the other as the clarifying line between reality and impossibility slowly disintegrates, turning his world upside down.

He must dig thirty years into his past; deep beneath the veil and the mesh of murder, lies and deceit to find answers.

Follow the trail of events that will forever shape his future… and maybe yours."

...and my review:-)

I was captivated from beginning to end! It has a unique plot that is quite believable. It has well developed characters that you love to love, and love to hate! Plenty of twists and turns. It's a fast moving read that kept me wanting more! I highly recommend it if you like crime fiction, science fiction or conspiratorial stories. Michael Lorde is a promising up and coming author- I can't wait for the sequel... bring it on!!

Thanks for sharing this with us, Grace!

New User
CharismaSC
0 Kudos

I'm reading the Mudbug series by Jana DeLeon....they are really good reads for under $5. Do any of you use the Lend Me feature, I'm willing to swap books.
Author
lovesreading1
0 Kudos

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE

Tomorrow is my birthday so I'm doing my final holiday pitch today for WATERBURY: a holiday crime novel.  What do you think of the brand new cover design?

Hope you mystery lovers download your copy today, or give one as a gift.  It's only 99 cents!

Waterbury  

What readers are saying so far:
Great read

This author writes a great mystery. Moves right along. Have read all her books and have love them all
Great read
Really great short read for a cold wintery night
Suspenseful to the max
Very good mystery, I love the writing style of this author. [/b][/color]She brings depth to the characters and develops a very realistic storyline that kept me on edge. Loved it.
Loved this!
Great psychological suspense...couldn't put this down
Great book, especially for the holidays!
This really suspenseful thriller revolves around a family at the holidays. The plot builds to a boil in this exciting book.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

The 7th Month  

The 7th Month: A Detective D. D. Warren Story (An eSpecial from Dutton)

NOOK Book (eBook)
$1.99

Overview

In Lisa Gardner’s first-ever short story following thirteen bestselling novels, The 7th Month takes readers between the books and into a day in the life of Boston Detective D. D. Warren.

In her seventh month of pregnancy, D.D. should be taking it easy. Instead, she accepts a small consulting role on the set of a serial killer film shooting in Boston. D.D. figures she’ll be useful to someone for at least one night, serving as a police expert and making a little extra money in the bargain.

It seems like a simple task—until the previous film consultant, a former Boston cop, is found beaten to death. Suddenly D.D.’s date with Hollywood gets serious. Extremely pregnant, on the trail of a killer, and surrounded by a hundred and four murder suspects in the middle of a graveyard, D.D. must quickly unravel a tangled web of lies. As another cast member is attacked, D.D. realizes that like it or not, her priorities have changed—and her last desperate hope is that she can catch a killer before she and her unborn baby face mortal danger.

Packed with the suspenseful storytelling that has turned Gardner’s novels into New York Times bestsellers, The 7th Month reveals new insights into a beloved series heroine.

Includes an exclusive early look at Catch Me, coming February 7, 2012.

Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12
0 Kudos

Hopefully, all you NOOK-ers are linked to the B&N Facebook page. They announce daily specials. Today's is the best-selling

Child 44  for only $0.99!!! It made it onto NPR's Top 100 Thrillers of all time. I had to "pick it up."

"The Answer to the Great Question of ... Life, the Universe and Everything ... (is) 42." -- Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Nocturne with Bonus Material  

Nocturne with Bonus Material

FREE

For a limited time, download Nocturne, an original short story by bestselling author Deborah Crombie, that leads into her forthcoming novel, No Mark Upon Her.

No Mark Upon Her  

In No Mark Upon Her, Olympic rowing hopeful and Metropolitan Police officer DCI Rebecca Meredith goes out to train on the river in Henley on a dark afternoon in late October. When, the following morning, her ex-husband realizes she hasn’t returned, a search is instituted and a K9 search and rescue team finds Meredith’s body in the river.

Scotland Yard superintendent Duncan Kincaid, returning from a family celebration of his marriage to Inspector Gemma James, is called to investigate Meredith’s death. He soon finds that both Meredith’s rowing colleagues and her ex-husband might have had good reason to want her dead. But when an attempt is made on the life of one of the search and rescue team members who found Meredith’s body, Kincaid realizes the case may be more complex and more dangerous than he believed. It is Gemma, however, who discovers that Meredith’s murder may be connected to enemies within the heart of the Met itself, and together Duncan and Gemma must endanger their careers and their lives to bring the killer to justice.

Scribe
optic_i
0 Kudos

Hi Becke,

Oh DRATS ! I missed this one for free !

Becke, thank you for showing us the great deals on books. Just as I was starting to read Scottish mysteries too !   :smileyhappy:

Optic

becke_davis
0 Kudos

optic_i wrote:

Hi Becke,

Becke, thank you for showing us the great deals on books. Just as I was starting to read Scottish mysteries too !   :smileyhappy:

Optic

If you want Scottish, check out anything by IAN RANKIN!

Scribe
optic_i
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

optic_i wrote:

Hi Becke,

Optic

If you want Scottish, check out anything by IAN RANKIN!

Thanks Becke I will !  :smileyhappy:      Optic

Author
ToniD16
0 Kudos

My forensic mystery/ecothriller BADWATER is on sale again and just wanted to give a heads-up here.

I've gotten a lot of new Nook readers and am delighted. I'd love to win over more. :smileywink:

BADWATER  

Author
lovesreading1
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

You Are Next  Ebook is 99 cents for a limited time!

USA Today and International bestselling author "Katia Lief skillfully weaves a complex tale of an emotionally scarred central character, nail-biting suspense, and a diabolical killer that will grip you until the very last page. I can't wait for the next Detective Karin Schaeffer thriller." -Richard Montanari, Sunday Times bestselling author

The first novel (ebook) in the Karin Schaeffer series, You Are Next , was just put on sale for 99 cents:
Former detective Karin Schaeffer lost her husband and child to a serial killer, and now fights to overcome despair and save her remaining loved ones as the clock ticks on all their lives.

Book 2, Next Time You See Me, is on sale for $2.99:
Just when their new life together has settled in, Mac vanishes, unearthing secrets and dangers that force Karin into a face-off with a deadly Mexican queenpin whose son has an agenda of his own.

Book 3, Vanishing Girls  , is coming on June 26...and it's on pre-sale for $3.99:
Girls are vanishing off the streets of New York City, and young women are being murdered. When the violence descends on Karin Schaeffer and Mac MacLeary's comfortable Brooklyn neighborhood, and their best friend becomes the lead investigator, they are drawn into the bewildering series of crimes.

IF YOU LOVE THE KARIN SCHAEFFER SERIES, OR THINK YOU WOULD, THIS IS A GREAT TIME TO GET YOUR E-BOOKS.

You Are Next  

Next Time You See Me  

Vanishing Girls  

"Mesmerizing." -Lisa Gardner, NYT bestselling author

“I can always count on Katia Lief for gripping, twist-filled psychological suspense.” -Wendy Corsi Staub, NYT bestselling author

"Suspense at a high level." -Midwest Book Review

"Taut, clean storytelling." -Publishers Weekly

"An exhilarating thriller." -Harriet Klausner, The Mystery Gazette

"Lief pens a diabolically brilliant story and takes us on an amazing, wild ride." -Terri Ann Armstrong, Suspense Magazine

Author
Beth_Groundwater
0 Kudos

I've noticed that B&N is listing my May release, 

Wicked Eddies   , for one third off the list price for preorders. I wouldn't want anyone to miss out! Also, I'm looking forward to my official visit with the group in May.

--
Beth Groundwater, http://bethgroundwater.com/
DEADLY CURRENTS, 03/11, A REAL BASKET CASE re-release, 11/11
WICKED EDDIES, 05/12, TO HELL IN A HANDBASKET re-release, 11/12
FATAL DESCENT, 06/13, A BASKET OF TROUBLE, 11/13
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Thanks, Katia and Beth! Love those Nook bargains!