Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis

Nook Bargains

I'm starting this thread so you all can post any Nook bargains you spot all in one place.

Here's one to get us started - it's a 99 cent weekend special:

One Cold Night  

ONE COLD NIGHT SHE DISAPPEARED...

New York Police detective Dave Strauss is haunted by the one case he couldn't solve. A schoolgirl vanished off the streets of Brooklyn, with only a trail of blood and a series of untraceable phone calls from "the Groom" hinting at her fate. Now the cold dark night has engulfed another young girl-but this time she is part of Dave's family. He and his wife, Susan, know fourteen-year-old Lisa has not run away, and they know her disappearance is not just a tragic coincidence. And once the first phone call comes, they know she's not alone....

Distinguished Scribe
kathylcsw

Re: Nook Bargains

This looked so good that I had to buy it although I have almost 500 books on my Nook that I haven't even read yet. I think I am compulsive.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

kathylcsw wrote:

This looked so good that I had to buy it although I have almost 500 books on my Nook that I haven't even read yet. I think I am compulsive.

Katia's books are really good! She was featured here not too long ago:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Mystery/Please-Welcome-Author-KATIA-LIEF/td-p/737339

Scribe
Mountain_Muse
0 Kudos

kathylcsw wrote:

Kathy,

You have good company.

Mtn Muse

A really good book is much like an artichoke. As you peel back each page of the of the book, you get closer and closer to the succulent heart of the story.
Scribe
Mountain_Muse
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

I'm starting this thread so you all can post any Nook bargains you spot all in one place.

Thanks, becke.  As you can tell by my tag.  I have a small book problem. :smileywink:.  Thanks for the cheater.

Mtn Muse

A really good book is much like an artichoke. As you peel back each page of the of the book, you get closer and closer to the succulent heart of the story.
becke_davis

Mountain_Muse wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Thanks, becke.  As you can tell by my tag.  I have a small book problem. :smileywink:.  Thanks for the cheater.

Mtn Muse

You are not alone!!!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Bargains - J.A. Jance

J.A. Jance is B&N's Featured Author for Nook this month, and in honor of this UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY is available for 99 cents all month!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/spotlight-featured-author-nook-books/379002742/

Until Proven Guilty (J. P. Beaumont Series #1)  

The little girl was only five, much too young to die -- a lost treasure who should have been cherished, not murdered.She could have been J.P. Beaumont's kid, and the determined Seattle homicide detective won't rest until her killer pays dearly. But the hunt is leading Beaumont into a murky world of religious fanaticism, and toward a beautiful, perilous obsession all his own. And suddenly Beau himself is a target -- because faith can be dangerous...and love can kill.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Tuesday, August 16 would have been Georgette Heyer’s 109th birthday. In honor of this most beloved author, who many call the Queen of Regency Romance, Sourcebooks is discounting EVERY SINGLE one of the eBooks we currently have available to $1.99 for one week,getting Heyer’s Birthday Party started a day early on August 15!

That’s 46 books by Georgette Heyer, plus the fabulous reader companion, Georgette Heyer’s Regency World by Jennifer Kloester, available for $1.99 from August 15-August 21.

The eBooks will be available through Sourcebooks.com and major eBook retailers (and please give them some extra time if prices aren’t adjusted right away on Monday—this is a long list and a lot of data to update). The Heyer celebration begins Monday, August 15!

The Black Moth  

Note: I can't post links because the lower prices aren't showing yet. Watch for the sale prices tomorrow!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Second Son (Short Story)  

$1.99

In this new short story from #1 New York Times bestselling author Lee Child, available exclusively as an eBook, a young Jack Reacher knows how to finish a fight so it stays finished. He knows how to get the job done so it stays done. And, in one of his earliest challenges, he knows that his analytical brain is just as important as his impressive brawn.

Okinawa, 1974. Even at thirteen, Jack Reacher knows how to outwit and overpower anyone who stands in his way. And as the new kid in town, that’s pretty much everyone. His family has come to the Pacific with his father, who’s preparing for a top-secret Marine Corps operation. After receiving a rude welcome from the local military brats, Reacher and his older brother, Joe, intend to teach them a lesson they won’t forget. But it’s soon clear that there’s more at stake than pride. When his family’s future appears to come crumbling down, it’s the youngest Reacher who rises to the occasion with all the decisive cunning and bravura that will one day be his deadly trademark.

Second Son also includes a thrilling excerpt from Lee Child’s forthcoming novel, The Affair.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Deborah Sharp is writing a guest blog for us that will posted on September 15. One of her books is available as a FREE NookBook!

Mama Does Time (Mace Bauer Mystery Series #1)  

Author
DeborahSharp
0 Kudos

Thanks for the mention of the free Nook version of MAMA DOES TIME, Becke. Offered just in time for Labor Day reading. It's the first title in my funny Mace Bauer Mystery Series. See y'all soon!

Deborah Sharp
Author of the funny Mace Bauer Mystery series
becke_davis
0 Kudos

DeborahSharp wrote:

Thanks for the mention of the free Nook version of MAMA DOES TIME, Becke. Offered just in time for Labor Day reading. It's the first title in my funny Mace Bauer Mystery Series. See y'all soon!

We all love to hear about free books, Deborah! See you in a few weeks!

Author
lovesreading1
0 Kudos

Thank you, Becke, for letting the word out about my last 99 cent ebook sale, and for inviting me to announce my new one--bigger and better--in this forum.  So here goes:

To celebrate the transition from summer to autumn, which is perfect reading weather, I am offering nearly ALL of my ebooks for 99 cents. This sale is temporary and the prices will eventually, by winter, go back to normal. But for now--buy, read, enjoy!

USA TODAY AND INTERNATIONAL BESTSELLERS
"Mermerizing." --Lisa Gardner
"Brilliant." --Suspense Magazine
"Exhilarating." --The Mystery Gazette
"Taut, clean storytelling." --Publishers Weekly

One Cold Night 

Five Days in Summer 

Here She Lies 

Seven Minutes to Noon     

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Katia - Thanks so much for stopping by! I've been on vacation, and have been completely off-computer for several days.

To our participants - Katia has been featured at the Mystery Forum in the past. I'm a fan!

Author
LibbyfhLH
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi, Becke and everyone. I was just told about this thread and wanted you to know that my latest thriller, TOXICITY, is available on Nook for just 99 cents. At least for a while. This turned out to be a prequel to my Georgia Davis series, and it's set when Georgia was still a cop. Here's more about it:

Here’s a very highly rated bargain book  by Libby Fischer Hellmann has an outstanding 4.8 star rating and is only 99 cents! If you haven’t read any of Libby Hellmann’s books yet, make sure to check this one out – her books are always popular among ENT readers.

“I wasn’t sure what to expect, but was blown away once I began reading. The author’s style is fast paced and exciting. I literally couldn’t put the book down.” F.M. –  Reviewer

Libby Fischer Hellmann
Rating: 4.8 Stars
Genre: Thriller
Price: $0.99

Libby Fischer Hellmann’s thriller TOXICITY is as gritty as it is spellbinding. Populated with fully-realized characters, TOXICITY introduces us to Hellmann’s signature heroine, Georgia Davis. But we meet Georgia ten years earlier, when she is a young and determined rookie on a Chicago police force. In Georgia’s debut, we see her tenacity and strength, but also her vulnerability: the seeds sown for the woman she will become. TOXICITY works on all levels, drawing the reader inexorably into a web of deceit, heart-crushing loss, and righteous fury. This wicked brew explodes in a stunning and satisfying conclusion that answers every question. Hellmann pulls no punches.
—J. Carson Black, best-selling author of THE SHOP and DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN

Ten years before EASY INNOCENCE, PI Georgia Davis was a police officer on the force in a Chicago suburb. And while homicides are rare on the North Shore, three bodies turn up in quick succession—all of them dumped in waste disposal dumpsters or landfills. The investigations into the murders test the mettle and professionalism of a combined police task force. Along the way, they also test the strength of Georgia’s relationship with one of the detectives working the case. While Georgia, her detective boyfriend Matt, and his sometime partner John Stone pit their skills against those of an inventive killer, the daughter of a real estate mogul– who just happens to have her eye on Matt — complicates matters. A dark police procedural and thriller, TOXICITY is a prequel to the Georgia Davis PI series (EASY INNOCENCE and DOUBLEBACK).

And here's the Nook link

Hope you'll check it out!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Thanks, Libby! It's always great to hear about bargains!

New User
afshan
0 Kudos

good therad.. love this

becke_davis
0 Kudos

afshan wrote:

good therad.. love this

Thanks for joining us! You're welcome to add to this list if you find any other Nook bargains!

Author
lovesreading1
0 Kudos

My ebook original novel WATERBURY (Do You Know the Killer Beside You?) is available on the Nook as of today!  It isn't available anywhere else at the moment, so you'll be the first.  Like my other ebooks, it's only 99 cents through autumn.  Enjoy!

(Paperbacks are coming soon....)

Waterbury  

Who will live and who will die?

A family gathers for Thanksgiving in rural Connecticut, bringing with them confessions, accusations, demands.  But suddenly personal agendas become meaningless as the priority shifts to survival.  Two burglars break in, believing the house to be empty.  In their panic they take the family hostage—and the crime that follows spirals out of control.

Praise for Katia Lief’s novels:

“Your heart will be pounding long after you’ve turned the final page.” –Lisa Gardner

“Brilliant.” –Suspense Magazine

“Suspense at a high level.” --Midwest Book Review

“Exhilarating.” –The Mystery Gazette

“Taut, clean storytelling.” –Publishers Weekly

“Readers will want to read more of this talented writer’s work.” –New York Journal of Books