Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
harleyhoney
0 Kudos

Re: PENGUIN'S COZY AUTHORS: BERKLEY PRIME CRIME, NAL, SIGNET, ETC.

[ Edited ]

Welcome Penguin cozy authors!  WOW!  For a cozy mystery series junkie like me, this is sweet, sweet paradise.  I counted twenty-four series that I've either read or recently purchased and so many more to go.  I thought I'd need help carrying the shopping bags, but I think I'm going to need some help with this ninety-nine foot long shopping list as well!

Hope you enjoy your visit with us.

Nancy

"Somebody said they saw me swinging the world by the tail, bouncing over a white cloud, killing the blues."
Killing the Blues by Rowland Salley
Performed by Robert Plant and Alison Kraus on RAISING SAND
Author
dorothy_mcfalls
0 Kudos

Just when I think I know all the series, I learn about a new one. Betty, I'm so glad you posted your books! I now know what I'm getting my mom for her birthday! We and I love to knit and crochet. We also share a love of mystery novels. This is perfect!

White House Gardener Mysteries
Flowerbed of State May 2011
The Scarlet Pepper April 2012
Oak and Dagger April 2013
Author
ElizabethSCraig
0 Kudos

Sure am!  And.....oops!  I think I was supposed to put my covers up, right?  Sigh (I'm always a little late to catch on.)  Thanks for finding and uploading them!

Elizabeth/Riley

Author
DeniseSwansonIL
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone!

Thanks Becke for including me. It was so nice chatting with you at LCC!

My current book Murder of a Bookstore Babe was inspired by of all things my cat. He hates change, even good change, which reminded me of the people in my series' small town. It made me wonder what Scumble Riverites would do if a new book store opened up in town.

Denise

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ElizabethSCraig wrote:

Sure am!  And.....oops!  I think I was supposed to put my covers up, right?  Sigh (I'm always a little late to catch on.)  Thanks for finding and uploading them!

Elizabeth/Riley

I bought your gnome book recently when one of our regulars pointed it out to me. We have a "thing" about gnomes here! I have quite a collection at home.

DSCN0623.JPG
becke_davis
0 Kudos

DeniseSwansonIL wrote:

Hi Everyone!

Thanks Becke for including me. It was so nice chatting with you at LCC!

My current book Murder of a Bookstore Babe was inspired by of all things my cat. He hates change, even good change, which reminded me of the people in my series' small town. It made me wonder what Scumble Riverites would do if a new book store opened up in town.

Denise

*waves madly* Hi Denise - It was soooo much fun to meet you at Left Coast Crime back in March. That was a fabulous conference - I was disappointment I couldn't stay for the whole thing. I'll post your links - hope I don't miss any!

Murder of a Bookstore Babe (Scumble River Series #13) 

Murder of a Creped Suzette (Scumble River Series #14) 

Murder of a Royal Pain (Scumble River Series #11) 

Murder of a Chocolate-Covered Cherry (Scumble River Series #10) 

Murder of a Pink Elephant (Scumble River Series #6) 

Murder of a Botoxed Blonde (Scumble River Series #9) 

Murder of a Smart Cookie (Scumble River Series #7) 

Murder of a Barbie and Ken (Scumble River Series #5) 

Murder of a Small-Town Honey (Scumble River Series #1) 

Murder of a Snake in the Grass (Scumble River Series #4) 

Murder of a Sweet Old Lady (Scumble River Series #2) 

Murder of a Wedding Belle (Scumble River Series #12) 

Murder of a Sleeping Beauty (Scumble River Series #3) 

Murder of a Real Bad Boy (Scumble River Series #8) 

Murder of a Royal Pain (Scumble River Series #11) 

Murder of a Chocolate-Covered Cherry (Scumble River Series #10) 

Murder of a Smart Cookie (Scumble River Series #7) 

Murder of a Pink Elephant (Scumble River Series #6) 

Drop-Dead Blonde                    

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hi, KariLee, your book, Tempest in the Tea Leaves, sounds good. I'll definitely check it out.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hi, Betty, I'm a knitter and just might like your book. Thanks for being here.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hi, Liz, thanks for being here to share your book with us.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hi, Elizabeth, thanks for being here. I will check your new release out soon.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hi, Denise, I've seen your books but haven't picked them up. I will have to look closer the next time.

Author
ElizabethSCraig
0 Kudos

Wonderful! Hope you'll enjoy the book.  I love your gnome collection. :smileyhappy:  I spoke at a book club recently and they gave me the cutest garden gnome...I just love their mischievous expressions.

Riley/Elizabeth

Author
ElizabethSCraig
0 Kudos

Thanks so much!  Hope you'll enjoy it.  I had such a great time writing "Finger Lickin' Dead."  And I got to use my Graceland research for the book!

Riley/Elizabeth

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ElizabethSCraig wrote:

Wonderful! Hope you'll enjoy the book.  I love your gnome collection. :smileyhappy:  I spoke at a book club recently and they gave me the cutest garden gnome...I just love their mischievous expressions.

Riley/Elizabeth

My husband bought me a book on gnomes about 20 years ago, and I've been intrigued by them ever since. I love the gnome in the movie "Amelie" - now you see them everywhere.

Here at BN.com we blame the gnomes (and gremlins) when the site goes wonky, so we don't feel QUITE as fond of them here! ;-)

Author
ElizabethSCraig
0 Kudos

Ha! I know what you mean...I do blame gremlins (but I leave gnomes out of it. Just to be on safe! I'd hate to get on the little guys' bad sides.)

Do you remember "The Secret Book of Gnomes?"  From the late 70s?  We had a copy at my house (or my grandmother's house...can't remember which...) and I used to love reading it.

Riley/Elizabeth

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ElizabethSCraig wrote:

Ha! I know what you mean...I do blame gremlins (but I leave gnomes out of it. Just to be on safe! I'd hate to get on the little guys' bad sides.)

Do you remember "The Secret Book of Gnomes?"  From the late 70s?  We had a copy at my house (or my grandmother's house...can't remember which...) and I used to love reading it.

Riley/Elizabeth

I think that's it - the one my husband gave me, that started it all.

Gnomes  

Author
katecollinsmysteries
0 Kudos

Hi, Becke,

What a great idea to devote part of the month to cozy mysteries.  Thank you! Cozies are my favorite genre because I don't like horror tales or gory scenes before I go to sleep (the only time I have to read) and that's part of why I write them. Go figure. I also love planting clues and keeping readers guessing, which I have to say I'm pretty good at (cough). I'm currently starting the 13th book in The Flower Shop Mystery Series. Hope your readers will check them out.

Night of the Living Dandelion (Flower Shop Mystery Series #11) 

Dirty Rotten Tendrils (Flower Shop Mystery Series #10) 

Sleeping with Anemone (Flower Shop Mystery Series #9)    

becke_davis
0 Kudos

katecollinsmysteries wrote:

Hi, Becke,

What a great idea to devote part of the month to cozy mysteries.  Thank you! Cozies are my favorite genre because I don't like horror tales or gory scenes before I go to sleep (the only time I have to read) and that's part of why I write them. Go figure. I also love planting clues and keeping readers guessing, which I have to say I'm pretty good at (cough). I'm currently starting the 13th book in The Flower Shop Mystery Series. Hope your readers will check them out.

Hi Kate - Great to see you here! Sometime back, when B&N still had their Garden Variety blog, I featured Kate there. I hope you can all still access the archived interview here:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Garden-Variety-The-BN-Gardening/Sleeping-with-Anemone-A-Flowe...

Here are more of her books:

Mum's the Word (Flower Shop Mystery Series #1) 

Slay It with Flowers (Flower Shop Mystery Series #2) 

Dearly Depotted (Flower Shop Mystery Series #3) 

Snipped in the Bud (Flower Shop Mystery Series #4) 

Acts of Violets (Flower Shop Mystery Series #5) 

A Rose from the Dead (Flower Shop Mystery Series #6) 

Shoots to Kill (Flower Shop Mystery Series #7) 

Evil in Carnations (Flower Shop Mystery Series #8) 

Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I read this one!  It was fun!  I also love all the titles in this series - I'm a sucker for a good pun!

Others listed in this thread that I've read include (now I know that all the images are going to end up at the top and this will be a big mess):

Carolyn Hart, of course - the Death on Demand and Henrie O. series (last night I was reading Dead by Midnight and found references to Julie Hyzy and Donna Andrews, and probably others who are on this thread, but since she lists dozens of authors every few chapters, I can't remember them all!).

Susan Wittig Albert - Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter - since Becke didn't post any of those, I'll show one.  Ooh, looks like there's a new one out!  I have been waiting for the last one to be available in paperback, but last time I recently checked, it wasn't out yet; maybe it is now! (Nope, not until September - sigh!)

And Anna MacLean's Louisa and the Missing Heiress, that Becke pictured, featuring Louisa May Alcott as the amateur sleuth.

These threads are so dangerous for me, since I love cozies and they all look so tempting!  But I am already following at least a half dozen or more series, and with those and others, my TBR pile is over 70 books, so unfortunately I can't read them all!  Sorry, but I love seeing all of your covers and titles, anyway!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Author
ElizabethSCraig
0 Kudos

It sure is!  Wasn't that a great book?  It's funny how little things can really spark either a collection, a hobby...or a series!