Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome AVERY AAMES to our Month of Cozy(ish) Crime!

Dear Avery,Thanks for being here. I am really looking forward to reading your series..Loving most  cheese,except anything processed...:  ) .See you on cozychicks and killercharacters.Heather will be blogging her Characters on 6/30....We are looking forward to That Exchange ..Best to you ,Susan Vtc..            http://www.considerbardwellfarm.com/cheese  Thats a great site and Amazing Cheese...They are in Pawlet Vt.. You will not be disappointed...Thanks to Becke .We get to experience new Authors we might've missed out on....Thats a win,win....

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Avery_Aames wrote:

Thank you, Becke, for a lovely discussion.  You obviously have a great group in this book club, and you were a fabulous moderator!

Best to all and good reading.

Say Cheese!

Avery

Well, as you can see, it's not really a "book club" so I hope no one was disappointed to find that it's a forum instead.

I understand B&N plans to change the name to Book Chat or something, but I don't know when that will happen.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Thanks Avery:

Can't wait to read your books! Thanks again for visiting with us!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

I got a notice today that my The Long Quiche Goodbye is being mailed today. Can't wait!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
becke_davis
0 Kudos

eadieburke wrote:

I got a notice today that my The Long Quiche Goodbye is being mailed today. Can't wait!

I've got my copy, too, Eadie! Unfortunately (or fortunately) it came with a stack of other mysteries. Now I don't know what to read next! It's fun to have so much great reading to look forward to!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

I've just found that Avery is scheduled to be at the Poisoned Pen bookstore in Scottsdale, on July 25! I should be able to get a signed copy of Quiche of Death! Squeeeeee!

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

Sorry, apparently I got so excited, I got the title of the book wrong! Well, at least I got the part about "Quiche" being part of the title, anyway(*hangs head, blushing for lame excuse*.)

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
becke_davis
0 Kudos

She's also going to be blogging at the Romance Bandits on the 19th. I'll be there!

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Avery_Aames wrote: Melts well.

Morbier, originally with an ash line down the middle because of morning and afternoon pourings of milk (now usually a vegetable "ash").  A strong aroma but a yummy flavor.  Pretty on a cheese platter.

(laughing) Uhnugh no way. Had a boss who told me to grate a 50lb wheel of that once. I wore a mask it was so bad, made the entire kitchen gag all day, guests asked to be seated in the dinning room on the far side away from the kitchen for the next 2. Infamously know as "Frumunda" cheese there forever. (shudder)

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

I must say I missed out on some wonderful discussions while I was away. Best of luck to the author! Foodie cozies are my favorite kind of cozies, please keep writting them.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

Morbier, originally with an ash line down the middle because of morning and afternoon pourings of milk (now usually a vegetable "ash").  A strong aroma but a yummy flavor.  Pretty on a cheese platter.

(laughing) Uhnugh no way. Had a boss who told me to grate a 50lb wheel of that once. I wore a mask it was so bad, made the entire kitchen gag all day, guests asked to be seated in the dinning room on the far side away from the kitchen for the next 2. Infamously know as "Frumunda" cheese there forever. (shudder)

Tigger, this makes me laugh although I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

I've just found that Avery is scheduled to be at the Poisoned Pen bookstore in Scottsdale, on July 25! I should be able to get a signed copy of Quiche of Death! Squeeeeee!

Be sure to let us know if you meet Avery!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

I must say I missed out on some wonderful discussions while I was away. Best of luck to the author! Foodie cozies are my favorite kind of cozies, please keep writting them.

Tigger - I'm so sorry you were sick during Avery's visit. I'll let her know she has some new comments. I'm sure the two of you will have a lot to talk about since you are our Food Goddess here!

Author
Avery_Aames
0 Kudos

Tigger, so sorry you had that experience. But hopefully you still like other cheeses. Avery
Author
Avery_Aames
0 Kudos

Tigger, I hope you'll check out the blog that I do with a number of other foodie cozy authors: Mystery Lovers Kitchen http://www.mysteryloverskitchen.com Every day there are new recipes and stories from some wonderful authors, including Krista Davis, Cleo Coyle, Julie Hyzy, Riley Adams and Jennifer McKinlay. This month Wendy Lyn Watson is also guesting with us on the blog. ~Avery
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Avery has a Barnes & Noble book signing coming up next Saturday, in Tracy, California:

Saturday, July 17, 2010
2:00 p.m.

Barnes and Noble
West Valley Mall
3150 Naglee Road
Tracy, CA 95304 

----------------------------------

Sunday, August 15, 2010
1:00 p.m.

Barnes and Noble
New Hope Commons 
5400 New Hope Commons
Durham, NC

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

TiggerBear wrote:

Tigger, this makes me laugh although I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time!

Instant butt of jokes that week. Afterwards every time I had to grate up any 50lb wheel, "That's not frumunda IS IT?!" with everyone immediately busting into giggles. Pissed the boss off, she never thought it was funny. But if we didn't make jokes about the crazy stuff that went on there, we'd never survive that daily level of chaos there. So yeah go ahead and laugh it is funny.:smileywink:

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Avery_Aames wrote:
Tigger, so sorry you had that experience. But hopefully you still like other cheeses. Avery

Oh yes cheese is my friend too.:smileyvery-happy: Got 7 kinds in the house right now.

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Avery_Aames wrote:
Tigger, I hope you'll check out the blog that I do with a number of other foodie cozy authors: Mystery Lovers Kitchen http://www.mysteryloverskitchen.com Every day there are new recipes and stories from some wonderful authors, including Krista Davis, Cleo Coyle, Julie Hyzy, Riley Adams and Jennifer McKinlay. This month Wendy Lyn Watson is also guesting with us on the blog. ~Avery

Thanks I will.