Reply
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
Posts: 5,276
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome AVERY AAMES to our Month of Cozy(ish) Crime!


TiggerBear wrote:

 


Avery_Aames wrote:
Tigger, I hope you'll check out the blog that I do with a number of other foodie cozy authors: Mystery Lovers Kitchen http://www.mysteryloverskitchen.com Every day there are new recipes and stories from some wonderful authors, including Krista Davis, Cleo Coyle, Julie Hyzy, Riley Adams and Jennifer McKinlay. This month Wendy Lyn Watson is also guesting with us on the blog. ~Avery

 

Thanks I will.

 


 

Hi Avery and TBear Just saved your blog after lurking around,and I must say TBear will love it..It may inspire her to write A Story or 2 or 3..TBear is always feeding us on our Virtual Mimosa Island Thread..Today she is serving Brunch all Day..Hope your Book gets off to a Great start  I retweet as I see you on twitter..Must get the word out...Much Success ,Susan..

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,675
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome AVERY AAMES to our Month of Cozy(ish) Crime!

I just got this very exciting message from Avery:

 

I made the B&N mass market paperback mystery list as #7 in the first week.  Thank you for having me as a guest on your bookclub!! I'm sure that made all the difference.

Avery

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
Posts: 9,489
Registered: ‎02-12-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome AVERY AAMES to our Month of Cozy(ish) Crime!

 


becke_davis wrote:

I just got this very exciting message from Avery:

 

I made the B&N mass market paperback mystery list as #7 in the first week.  Thank you for having me as a guest on your bookclub!! I'm sure that made all the difference.

Avery


 

That's really cool, congrats!

 

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
Posts: 2,230
Registered: ‎05-04-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome AVERY AAMES to our Month of Cozy(ish) Crime!

Tomorrow, if all goes according to plan, I will be meeting Avery at the Poisoned Pen Bookstore in Scottsdale. :smileyvery-happy: She and Jamie Freveletti are both scheduled to be there at 2:00. I've never gone to a book signing there before when there was more than one person appearing, so it will be interesting to find out how they have it organized.

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
Posts: 9,489
Registered: ‎02-12-2008

Re: Please Welcome AVERY AAMES to our Month of Cozy(ish) Crime!

 


Fricka wrote:

Tomorrow, if all goes according to plan, I will be meeting Avery at the Poisoned Pen Bookstore in Scottsdale. :smileyvery-happy: She and Jamie Freveletti are both scheduled to be there at 2:00. I've never gone to a book signing there before when there was more than one person appearing, so it will be interesting to find out how they have it organized.


 

Cool, tell us how it went afterward.

 

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,675
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome AVERY AAMES to our Month of Cozy(ish) Crime!

 


Fricka wrote:

Tomorrow, if all goes according to plan, I will be meeting Avery at the Poisoned Pen Bookstore in Scottsdale. :smileyvery-happy: She and Jamie Freveletti are both scheduled to be there at 2:00. I've never gone to a book signing there before when there was more than one person appearing, so it will be interesting to find out how they have it organized.


 

How exciting! Get someone to take a picture of the three of you!

 

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
Posts: 2,230
Registered: ‎05-04-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome AVERY AAMES to our Month of Cozy(ish) Crime!

Good idea, becke. And, I should add that I sort of jumped the gun--the signing is on Sunday, which is the 25th, not today, which is the 24th. At least I found out BEFORE making a trip to the Bookstore!:smileytongue:

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
Posts: 2,230
Registered: ‎05-04-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome AVERY AAMES to our Month of Cozy(ish) Crime!

I went to the booksigning, and it was one of the most fascinating and fun sessions I've had the honor to attend. Avery is quite a bit more glamorous and svelte than that one picture of her shows--her publisher really needs to get an updated one(or maybe they are trying to make her look more like what the public thinks an author of a "cozy mystery" should look like). One look at her chic black dress, and her super toned arms, though, and it's clear to me that she looks much more like the authoress of those thrillers she's been writing! Maybe in the future, we'll have a thriller from Avery featuring an action heroine based in Lake Tahoe!:smileywink:

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,675
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome AVERY AAMES to our Month of Cozy(ish) Crime!

Did you get any pictures, Fricka?

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
Posts: 9,489
Registered: ‎02-12-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome AVERY AAMES to our Month of Cozy(ish) Crime!

 


Fricka wrote:

I went to the booksigning, and it was one of the most fascinating and fun sessions I've had the honor to attend. Avery is quite a bit more glamorous and svelte than that one picture of her shows--her publisher really needs to get an updated one(or maybe they are trying to make her look more like what the public thinks an author of a "cozy mystery" should look like). One look at her chic black dress, and her super toned arms, though, and it's clear to me that she looks much more like the authoress of those thrillers she's been writing! Maybe in the future, we'll have a thriller from Avery featuring an action heroine based in Lake Tahoe!:smileywink:


 

Cosy writters have a look? (scratches head)

 

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,675
Registered: ‎10-19-2006

Re: Please Welcome AVERY AAMES to our Month of Cozy(ish) Crime!

Don't forget, Avery has also been a Hollywood star!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
Posts: 2,230
Registered: ‎05-04-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome AVERY AAMES to our Month of Cozy(ish) Crime!

 


becke_davis wrote:

Don't forget, Avery has also been a Hollywood star!


 

That's right, becke! I must say, she still looks every inch the star! TB, it's not so much that I think Cozy writers have a particular look, it's just that Avery looked so different in person from the photo on the back cover of her book, which in my view, is much more drab than she appears in "real life". My theory is that the book company picked that photo, as they thought the reading audience would be more comfortable with someone who looks more like a school marm or neighbor lady than a film star. I could be wrong, but that's my impression. I predict that when Avery's thrillers finally get picked up for publishing, as I feel sure they will, the photos that accompany those books will look very different from the ones on her Cheese- Shop Cozies!

 

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,675
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome AVERY AAMES to our Month of Cozy(ish) Crime!

 


Fricka wrote:

 


becke_davis wrote:

Don't forget, Avery has also been a Hollywood star!


 

That's right, becke! I must say, she still looks every inch the star! TB, it's not so much that I think Cozy writers have a particular look, it's just that Avery looked so different in person from the photo on the back cover of her book, which in my view, is much more drab than she appears in "real life". My theory is that the book company picked that photo, as they thought the reading audience would be more comfortable with someone who looks more like a school marm or neighbor lady than a film star. I could be wrong, but that's my impression. I predict that when Avery's thrillers finally get picked up for publishing, as I feel sure they will, the photos that accompany those books will look very different from the ones on her Cheese- Shop Cozies!

 


 

That's interesting, Fricka - I wonder if publishers put as much thought into the author photo they use as they do when they choose a cover or a title.

 

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
Posts: 5,276
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome AVERY AAMES to our Month of Cozy(ish) Crime!

The Long Quiche Goodbye  Hi I  was on twitter  saw a tweet from Avery.about what a wonderful time shw Had yesterday,,She will be Posting Pics Here..So Stay Tuned..I must read "The Long Quiche Goodbye.".need to  move it up on MyTBR..

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer