becke_davis
0 Kudos

Please Welcome Author ADRIENNE GIORDANO!

[ Edited ]

This week's featured guest is a debut author, ADRIENNE GIORDANO, whose romantic suspense e-book MAN LAW will be released Monday, July 4 by Carina Press.

Since it's a holiday week, Adrienne is throwing a party and inviting some of her writer friends. I'll let them tell you all about it after I introduce Adrienne.

Adrienne is one of the co-founders of Romance University, where I can also be found on a regular basis. Here's her bio from RU:

adrienne

Adrienne Giordano writes romantic suspense and women’s fiction.  After spending seventeen years working in and around the newspaper and advertising industry, Adrienne chose to work part-time as a marketing consultant to allow more writing time.

She is a Jersey girl at heart, but now lives in the Chicago area with her work-a-holic husband, sports obsessed son and Buddy the Wheaton Terrorist (Terrier). She is a co-founder of Romance University blog, is a member of Romance Writers of America, Windy City RWA, Kiss of Death, and RWA’s Women’s Fiction chapter.

Adrienne’s books have been finalists in the 2008, 2009 and 2011 Linda Howard Award of Excellence contests. Her debut romantic suspense, Man Law, will be released by Carina Press on July 4, 2011. Her second book,  A Just Deception, will be available from Carina Press in September 2011. 

For more information visit Adrienne’s website at www.adriennegiordano.com or her Facebook page at Adrienne Giordano – Author

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author ADRIENNE GIORDANO!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

MAN LAW

Security Consultant Vic Andrews lives by his Man Laws:

Never mess with your best friend’s sister

Never get caught

Never get attached

But he can’t deny his irresistible attraction to Gina Delgado, a young widow with three kids and plenty of strings attached. Even so, having a physical relationship doesn’t mean they’re “in a relationship.”

Gina lost her husband to tragedy; she is not getting emotionally involved with another man in a dangerous profession. Sleeping with Vic is just stress relief.

Until one of Vic’s assignments goes wrong and the target selects Gina and her kids for revenge. There’s nothing Vic won’t do to protect Gina and the children—the family he realizes, too late, he wants. He’ll accomplish his mission but will he have lost his only chance at true love?

becke_davis
0 Kudos

CARINA PRESS EXCERPT
From the Book...

Man Law: Never mess with your best friend's sister.

"Ah, shit." Vic Andrews, butthead supreme, listened to the churn of the ocean's waves. Or was it his life skittering off its axis?

Gina laughed that belly laugh of hers and he couldn't help smiling. He extracted himself from her lush little body and rolled off. The St. Barth sand stuck to his back. Yep, they'd worked up a sweat. Salty sea air invaded his nostrils and he inhaled, letting the moisture flood his system.

Jesus Hotel Christ.

What had he been thinking? He'd been heading back to his room after closing down the resort's bar and there she was, the girl—er, woman—of his dreams, crying on the beach. No condition for her to be in after witnessing her brother's marriage to the love of his life.

Vic didn't mention the fact it was 3:00 a.m. and she was alone on a secluded beach where any drunken **bleep**, like him, could have at her. Although technically he wasn't drunk. Buzzed maybe. Big difference. Besides, they'd been at a wedding. Buzzed was allowed.

Gina moved and he finally turned toward her. "I'm—"

"No, absolutely not," she said. She swiped at her curly mane of dark hair. Her face gave away nothing, but that meant squat. Gina knew how to hide bad moods.

The whoosh of the ocean lapping against the shore distracted him and he stared into the blackness.

"What did I say?" he asked.

"You were going to apologize. I don't want to hear it."

Apologize? Him? "I'm not sorry." He touched her arm. "Are you?"

Please don't say you're sorry. Please.

That would be all he needed. He'd just freakin' obliterated the sister rule Mike had invoked nearly a million—maybe two million—times. The sister rule was Man Law, and Man Laws were about the only rules Vic followed.

He only wanted to check on her, and before he knew it, voila, the clothes were off, the condom was on and they were humping like bunnies right there on the beach. At least no one saw them. All the well-meaning people were asleep.

Gina brushed sand from her legs and stood to straighten the sliplike dress he'd shoved up over her hips. The silky fabric glided over her curves, and the activity in Vic's lower region made him groan. A thirty-five year-old mother of three, and she was killing him. He should be ashamed.

Screw that.

She was right there. Right there. And, because he'd probably never get the opportunity again, he should grab her and—

"I'm not sorry," Gina said. "Not about the sex. I'm sorry about other things, but this, I loved."

Vic retrieved his pants and stood. Gina and her honesty. Good or bad, she just put it out there and didn't worry about the repercussions. He guessed it came from losing her husband at the age of thirty-one. She had nothing to lose.

"I need to go," she said, watching him with her big brown eyes as the moonlight drenched her face. He put his shirt on. Did she have to look at him that way? Particularly when he wanted a replay.

"Aren't the kids bunking with your folks?"

"They are, but you know how Matthew is. He might search for me."

Fifteen-year-old Matt, her eldest son, took his job as man of the family seriously.

"Right. Okay." Vic motioned toward the resort. "I'll walk you."

Gina held up a hand. "I'll be fine."

Nuh-uh. No way. "I am going to walk you. It's late and you shouldn't go by yourself."

Hell, she shouldn't have been out here alone in the first place, but he knew she'd tear him a few new ones if he said it.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

A Just Deception

Coming September 2011 from Carina Press

The protector: Peter Jessup, former Navy SEAL, currently employed by Taylor Security. He likes being the hero—in charge and in control.

His client: Lawyer Isabelle DeRosa. The sexy brunette is the personification of Peter’s fantasies. She’s willing to get physical but nothing more serious.

The assignment: When Isabelle becomes the prime suspect in the murder of her cousin, Peter is there to protect her and help her find the real killer. Their investigation leads to a big-name charity that seems to draw cultlike followers. Isabelle manages to infiltrate the group and become close to their leader, leaving Peter both jealous and worried for her.

As their search leads to danger, Peter realizes he’s falling in love with Isabelle. He wants all of her, but she’s too used to guarding herself to let him in…

Copyright © 2011 by Harlequin Enterprises Limited
Cover Art used by arrangement with Harlequin Enterprises Limited, ® and ™ are trademarks owned by Harlequin Enterprises Limited or its affiliated companies, used under license

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Watch for:

Risking Trust - Private Protectors Series

Romantic Suspense

Coming From Carina Press, November 2011

Finalist, 2008 Linda Howard Award of Excellence Contest

becke_davis
0 Kudos

THE CALL by Adrienne Giordano

My writing journey began twelve years ago. In theory, it began way (way, way) before that when I was in high school and decided I would one day write a book.  After college, life got in the way and I became a career girl.  I still loved to write, but paying my rent had become the priority.

In 1998, my father was diagnosed with stage four stomach cancer.  If you know anything about cancer, stage four is not good news.  His chemo regimen required him to be hospitalized once a month for seven days straight. By this time, I was married and still working full-time, but fearing my father had limited time with us, my husband and I decided I should take a leave of absence from work so I could fly back and forth to New Jersey and be with my dad.

I began flying to Jersey for two weeks out of the month. When in Chicago for the remaining weeks, I found myself with nothing to do.  For the first time in my adult life, I had no job to go to. That’s when I started writing my first book.  It became the outlet for all my fears over the idea that my father might be dying.  And, to be honest, part of it was the mortality thing people talk so much about.  In my case, it proved true.  My dream of writing a book had waited patiently for me to chase it, and I kept putting it off because I was busy.  Well, I suddenly had time.

I would sit for hours in my quiet house and release whatever I had trapped inside my aching heart.  When my two weeks at home ended, I would print the pages (I didn’t have a laptop then) and take them to Jersey with me.  I would sit next to my father’s hospital bed and edit those pages as poison pumped into his body.  It didn’t stop him from haranguing me about watching Olivia Dihaviland or John Wayne on the classic movie station.

“What are you doing?” he’d ask while I sat with my three-ring binder in front of me.

“Working,” I’d say.

“Eh, you’re missing a good movie,” he’d respond.

This went on for six months until his first round of chemo ended.  To our delight, his scans came back positive because the cancer hadn’t spread.  Good news all around.

After that first six months, I had the writing bug bad and couldn’t imagine not doing it anymore.  I lost countless hours of sleep thinking about scenes I wanted to create.  If you know me, you know losing sleep is not a good thing for me. :)

With my dad’s condition relatively stable, I returned to work part-time so I could continue writing.  The cycle continued with me working three days per week, writing on my days off and then taking a few extra days once a month to hang out with my dad.

After four years of countless rounds of chemo, and with one and a half books under my belt, my father died and it tore a hole in me so big that I have yet to figure out how to fill it.  But I continued writing my second book because the writing became my outlet for all the pain and anger consuming me.

Five years ago, I started submitting that book.  The first one, the one I had worked on while my dad was in the hospital, sits in my drawer and is so riddled with newbie errors, I will never let it out.  Never.  You can beg if you’d like, but it’s not going to happen. :)The second book though, I thought that one had a shot, and I started submitting and entering contests.  I was quite proud when I received a request for a full.  That book also gave me my first final in the Linda Howard contest.

When the rejections started rolling in, I reminded myself I was still learning and growing as a writer.  I continued to take workshops and go to conferences and meet other writers because with each book I finished, I saw growth.  And more rejections. Those blasted rejections just kept coming.  Some agents or editors even took the time to comment on all the things I did right.  Sometimes I think those are the hardest rejections to accept because they tell you everything is good, great even, but not great enough.

I kept writing.  That’s all we can do, right?  Just keep going.

This past summer, I went through a bad patch.  I had some contest finals to be proud of, some complimentary rejections that encouraged me to keep going, but how long could I continue on this journey?  Would I eventually look back after twenty years of submitting and be sad about all the time I’d spent writing?  Worse, could I stand it if that didhappen?  I just didn’t know.  I decided I’d finish the work in progress and take time off from writing.  Regroup, I thought.

On September 16th, , I received a call from Angela James at Carina Press telling me they wanted to buy, Man Law, my third book.

I stood staring at the telephone, wondering if I’d heard right.  I replayed the message three times just to be sure. Then I ran to my office to see if the follow-up email Angela had referenced would be there.  Yep, there it was. The offer to buy Man Law.

I sat in my desk chair, a place I had spent countless hours creating and revising manuscripts, and something hit me like a smack upside my head. That day, September 16, would have been my father’s  80th birthday.  Could it be that my dad had sent me a gift from heaven on his own birthday?  Coincidence perhaps?

I don’t think so.

The journey that had started at my father’s bedside twelve years ago had finally turned into my dream coming true.

So, to my dad I say, “I got your gift, Chief. Thank you.”

Adrienne Giordano

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Please give Adrienne a huge B&N welcome!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

New User
smartass_romance
0 Kudos

Hey Adrienne....

Congrats on your new book! I have it on pre-order and can't wait!

The story of your The Call always makes me cry....each and every time I read it.....=) what a mushpot I am....

I'm so looking forward to meeting your characters, the excerpt sounds fantabulous!!!

take care!

carrie

Author
VirginiaGal
0 Kudos

I love the cover of Man Law. WoW! I thought CASTLE was worth staying up late for...but Vic has my full attention.

I'm so excited. I've got my copy pre-ordered. I'm ready!!

Nancy

Nancy Naigle .... Love stories from the crossroad of small town and suspense.
Debut novel :: Sweet Tea and Secrets (Available Now)
Out of Focus :: coming November 2011
becke_davis
0 Kudos

smartass_romance wrote:

Hey Adrienne....

Congrats on your new book! I have it on pre-order and can't wait!

The story of your The Call always makes me cry....each and every time I read it.....=) what a mushpot I am....

I'm so looking forward to meeting your characters, the excerpt sounds fantabulous!!!

take care!

carrie

Hi Carrie! *waves madly* I'm excited to read MAN LAW, too. I have it preordered!

(Carrie is another Romance University faculty member!) 

becke_davis
0 Kudos

VirginiaGal wrote:

I love the cover of Man Law. WoW! I thought CASTLE was worth staying up late for...but Vic has my full attention.

I'm so excited. I've got my copy pre-ordered. I'm ready!!

Nancy

Hi Nancy! Woot - I see the party is already beginning! Perfect timing, since fireworks are going off all over the place right now. This is going to be a fun week!

New User
smartass_romance
0 Kudos

Hi Carrie! *waves madly* I'm excited to read MAN LAW, too. I have it preordered!

*waving wildly back* Very much looking forward to it...the Man Law tweets she's been posting really crack me up! =)

carrie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

smartass_romance wrote:

*waving wildly back* Very much looking forward to it...the Man Law tweets she's been posting really crack me up! =)

carrie

I hope it won't be long before we're featuring your book at BN.com, too!

Author
AdrienneGiordano
0 Kudos

Thanks for the wonderful welcome, Becke. We're excited to be hanging out with you this week!  

Here’s the scoop on us and what we have planned:

We are four writers who met at a writing conference. We’ve all reached the coveted goal of published author within months of each other. Now we are ready to celebrate. So, welcome to RomanceAndSuspense.com week! We'll bring you SUSPENSE...any way you like it. Any Time. Any Place. Contemporary or Historical. Big City or Small Town. Join Nancy Naigle, Tracy March, Adrienne Giordano and Tracey Devlyn for a week full of fun and prizes--just for B&N readers!

Learn more about us and our upcoming releases Tuesday - Friday. Ask us questions, tell us about your favorite book, or just stop by and say hey!

Tuesday - Adrienne Giordano
Wednesday - Tracy March
Thursday - Nancy Naigle
Friday - Tracey Devlyn

On Saturday, we’re drawing names for a 4-book bundle, four individual prizes selected specially by us, and a secret GRAND prize (Nook!). To be eligible for the individual prizes hop over to http://www.RomanceAndSuspense.com and sign up for one or more of our newsletters. To be eligible for the grand prize (Nook!), you can either sign up for all four of our newsletters at http://www.RomanceAndSuspense.com (Nook!) or simply click the enter contest button. Of course, we would love for you to sign up for our newsletters and we promise not to bombard you!

Big hugs to the amazing Becke Martin Davis for inviting us to hang out with everyone at the fabulous Barnes & Noble Mystery Forum. We’re looking forward to connecting with readers and appreciate the opportunity. And thanks to everyone in advance for joining us this week. Let the party begin!!

Nancy, Tracy, Adrienne and Tracey

www.adriennegiordano.com
Man Law, coming July 4, 2011 from Carina Press
Author
AdrienneGiordano
0 Kudos

Hi Carrie!  Thanks for stopping in. The ladies and I have some fun things planned for this week and we're darned excited! So, stay tuned for some info on how to win a Nook! 

www.adriennegiordano.com
Author
AdrienneGiordano
0 Kudos

You girls are too good to me! Thank you!

www.adriennegiordano.com
Author
AdrienneGiordano
0 Kudos

LOL, Nancy. Vic isn't too shabby on that cover!  We're going to have some fun this week.

Speaking of hot covers. Does anyone have any favorite covers they want to mention?

www.adriennegiordano.com
Author
AdrienneGiordano
0 Kudos

I read her synopsis today and the story sounds like great fun!

www.adriennegiordano.com