Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
Tracey_Devlyn
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author ADRIENNE GIORDANO!

Tracey_Devlyn wrote:

Becke, we had a fabulous time. This was my first visit to the Big Apple and my buds took me on a carriage ride through Central Park. Absolutely perfect day for a beautiful ride. I'm going to try and squeeze in an RWA post on July 20 over at RU. However, readers can see some of the pics we took here http://tinyurl.com/5tcwvpb.

okay, I did something funky with the link above. Try this one http://tinyurl.com/5utxzbk

Tracey Devlyn
A LADY'S REVENGE, Coming April 2012
http://TraceyDevlyn.com | http://RomanceUniversity.org
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Tracey_Devlyn wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Tracey_Devlyn wrote:

Happy release day, A! I'm so incredibly happy for you.

Really looking forward to this week's bash at B&N with you and pals Nancy Naigle and Tracy March!

Hi Tracey! This week is going to be a blast! I'm also looking forward to hear about your adventures at RWA National last week - I hope you, Kelsey, Adrienne and Robin had a great time!

Now I think we need to kick today off with party hats for everyone:

Becke, we had a fabulous time. This was my first visit to the Big Apple and my buds took me on a carriage ride through Central Park. Absolutely perfect day for a beautiful ride. I'm going to try and squeeze in an RWA post on July 20 over at RU. However, readers can see some of the pics we took here http://tinyurl.com/5tcwvpb.

It was your first visit?? Oh, what a fun way to see it for the first time - with a group of friends!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: July 4

Tracey_Devlyn wrote:

becke_davis wrote:
Actually, I AM doing something special today. I'm finishing my work-in-progress!! I've been using this as a writing retreat, and it's done the trick! I'm sure I'll need to revise the story, and I haven't written the synopsis yet, but this is still something to celebrate!

Becke, congrats on finishing your WIP! It's an amazing feeling, isn't it?

I'm ALMOST there - about 1,000 words to go, maybe less. Back to the writing cave!

Author
VirginiaGal
0 Kudos

Re: Giveaway Info

Thanks for getting those details out Adrienne!  I can see we already have some folks joining the lists to enter the contest. FUN FUN FUN.

Our fireworks got cancelled ... a big storm has been pounding us for a few hours. I just finally got my internet back up. Give your fireworks an extra ooooooh and aaaaaah for me....okay??

Hugs and happy 4th of July,

Nancy Naigle

Nancy Naigle .... Love stories from the crossroad of small town and suspense.
Debut novel :: Sweet Tea and Secrets (Available Now)
Out of Focus :: coming November 2011
Author
NancyNaigle
0 Kudos

Thanks for the fireworks, Becke!

~~
www.NancyNaigle.com
Sweet Tea and Secrets :: Available now
Out of Focus coming November 2011
Author
AdrienneGiordano
0 Kudos

Tracey_Devlyn wrote:

When I clicked the link it took me to the B&N blog. No NY pictures. What did I miss?

www.adriennegiordano.com
Man Law, coming July 4, 2011 from Carina Press
Author
AdrienneGiordano
0 Kudos

Let the games begin...

So, now that the fireworks are over, I'm covered in bug bites and have eaten way too much (loved the hot fudge sundae!), I'm thinking it's time to move on.

Just to give everyone a recap of the week, the ladies (Tracy March, Nancy Naigle and Tracey Devlyn) and I will all be taking one day where we've answered random questions we all threw out.  I'm so curious to see which questions the girls all picked!

I'm up first, so I will post my interview.  Later on I will post some factoids about Man Law. 

And don't forget to pop over to http://www.RomanceAndSuspense.com to enter the contest for the Nook!

Okay, here we go with my interview:

Q: Where are you from?

A: I'm a Jersey girl at heart, but have lived in the Midwest since 1994.  I like the Midwest, but I miss the Jersey shore.  When younger, I spent my summers on the beach and when June rolls around, I crave ocean air.  I still get back for a visit every summer though. 

The first half of my September release, A Just Deception, takes place on my favorite Jersey shore beach. 

Q: How long have you been writing?

A:  A long time! LOL.  I've wanted to be published since I was in high school, but didn't get serious about it until my early thirties when I wrote a practice book. After that, I was hooked and threw myself into studying the craft of writing. It's been an amazing journey.

Q: What are some of the themes in your writing and what motivated you to explore those themes:

A: Before Carina had asked me to make book title changes, I never sat down to identify the themes. I knew they were there, but I never made lists of the themes for each book.  Having had to change three out of four titles (apparently, I'm not so good at titles. LOL), I needed to make those lists and discovered the common elements in all the books are truth and justice. All of my characters have a yearning to be good people. They want the world to be in balance, so if there's a wrong, they strive to make it right.  I like my characters a tad damaged (some more than others!), but they are all motivated to do good in the world.

Q: Do you have pets, and if so...do they influence your writing?

A:Buddy the Wheaten (Terrorist) Terrier is my dog.  And yes, he influences my writing. He has a role in a book I finished last summer.  I'm surrounded by alpha males in my house and Buddy is no exception. Working his antics into a book helped me survive his puppyhood.  I'm hoping to expand the book into a series and give Buddy a return engagement. He is sleeping at my feet right now and just got mad because I bumped him.

Q: What books do you have planned for the future?   Are any of your secondary characters screaming for their own book? Will they get one?

A: The book I'm working on now is book four of the Private Protectors series.  The hero in this book is a secondary character in both Man Law and A Just Deception. One of my critique partners (big shout out to Kelsey Browning!) loves Billy's smart mouth and told me she wanted him to have a book. So, I gave him a book of his own and I'm forcing him to filter his words, which he's not liking so much. Billy is a free spirited, chops-buster whose mind moves at high speed. Settling him down is like trying to catch a rabbit.

Q: What do you hope readers will take away from your story?

A: As a reader, I love to get lost in a story and connect on some level with the characters. As a writer, I want people to enjoy the ride and have a few laughs.  The books are all romantic suspense, but I tried to infuse humor into the relationships (whether it be the couple's relationship or relationships with secondary characters).  None of my characters are shy people. They all speak their minds, particularly the males. They love, love, love to get in each other's faces. Those are the scenes I have the most fun writing.   

That's it for my interview. I'll post some factoids in awhile. Thanks everyone!

www.adriennegiordano.com
Man Law, coming July 4, 2011 from Carina Press
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Giveaway Info

VirginiaGal wrote:

Thanks for getting those details out Adrienne!  I can see we already have some folks joining the lists to enter the contest. FUN FUN FUN.

Our fireworks got cancelled ... a big storm has been pounding us for a few hours. I just finally got my internet back up. Give your fireworks an extra ooooooh and aaaaaah for me....okay??

Hugs and happy 4th of July,

Nancy Naigle

Oh no! That's too bad. I got my own private fireworks show - from the back window of my son's condo, I was able to see fireworks all across the horizon. Gorgeous!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Adrienne

Thanks for sharing your interview with us, Adrienne! 

I'm posting this picture for Adrienne - this is the caption:

“Buddy the Wheaten Terrorist for your viewing pleasure”

sweet-buddy-150x150 (1).jpg
Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Re: Let the games begin...

AdrienneGiora, Hi, welcome. I hope you have a nice visit. I have not read any of your books yet but I will check them out. They sound good.

How did you get into mystery?

What do you like about writing?

Thanks for spending some time with us.

ReadingPatti

Author
NancyNaigle
0 Kudos

Sorry, Vic...you've been replaced already. My heart just got won by Buddy the Wheaten Terrior. Precious smoochy snuggler.

:smileyhappy:

~~
www.NancyNaigle.com
Sweet Tea and Secrets :: Available now
Out of Focus coming November 2011
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Welcome Adrienne, Tracy, Nancy and Tracy:

I just signed up for your newsletters and the contest. Your books look very interesting to me. I will definitely be checking them out.

Hope you enjoy your visit with us! We love to learn about new authors here and thanks to Becke, she introduces us to the very best!

Keep on writing and be sure to come back and announce your next releases!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
becke_davis
0 Kudos

NancyNaigle wrote:

Sorry, Vic...you've been replaced already. My heart just got won by Buddy the Wheaten Terrior. Precious smoochy snuggler.

:smileyhappy:

He's darling! I'm taking care of my son's dog, Winston, while he and his girlfriend are on vacation. Here's Winston trying to avoid the paparazzi:

Today is Play Date with Robin Day. Here's a picture of them from when Robin was a puppy, about a year and a half ago:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Show off your pet!

To share a picture of your pet, copy it from the internet (right click and copy image), and then paste it into a comment box.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Good Morning!

Author
Tracy_March
0 Kudos

Oh my stars, Becke!

Those puppies are precious (I call all dogs puppies!). I just love animals. My husband is allergic to cats and dogs and most things furry. He's even a bit allergic to me sometimes, although I try to keep my fur down to a minimum! :smileywink: Sadly, most animals are afraid of me because I get so excited to see/pet them that they freak out. They go straight to my husband, of course. He is a gentle soul, easy-going, so he attracts them. I should learn a lesson, huh?

Adrienne, I loved your answer about themes in your books--how you just wrote them and then went back and assessed what had emerged from your work. As a writer, I never sat down and thought about themes before I wrote my stories. Amazing how they emerge. Sometimes miraculous--right?!

Looking forward to some fun factoids about MAN LAW!

Tracy March
GIRL THREE - Coming November 2011
http://www.TracyMarch.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Tracy_March wrote:

Oh my stars, Becke!

Those puppies are precious (I call all dogs puppies!). I just love animals. My husband is allergic to cats and dogs and most things furry. He's even a bit allergic to me sometimes, although I try to keep my fur down to a minimum! :smileywink: Sadly, most animals are afraid of me because I get so excited to see/pet them that they freak out. They go straight to my husband, of course. He is a gentle soul, easy-going, so he attracts them. I should learn a lesson, huh?

Adrienne, I loved your answer about themes in your books--how you just wrote them and then went back and assessed what had emerged from your work. As a writer, I never sat down and thought about themes before I wrote my stories. Amazing how they emerge. Sometimes miraculous--right?!

Tracy_March wrote:

Oh my stars, Becke!

Tracy - Winston would love you! He likes nothing better than for people to tell him how cute he is!

Themes are interesting, because so often they emerge without our awareness.

Adrienne - Did you always want to write romantic suspense, or have you dabbled in other genres (or should I say sub-genres)? In my case, I tried a number of different styles/genres before I found one I was really comfortable with. What about the rest of you - do you always write the same types of books?

Author
Tracy_March
0 Kudos

My plotting mind thinks in mystery/suspense, Becke. I wish I could do other genres (sometimes!) but do love to plot a good suspense novel!

Tracy March
GIRL THREE - Coming November 2011
http://www.TracyMarch.com
New User
Savannah_Foxx
0 Kudos

Hi Adrienne,

Loved your interview and "call" story. I can't wait to read MAN LAW! (Hubba, hubba) I'm tucking away your process for creating a new title in case I'm ever lucky enough to be asked to :smileyhappy:

Thanks for sharing with us!

Savannah Foxx
True love is...TIMELESS

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Tracy_March wrote:

My plotting mind thinks in mystery/suspense, Becke. I wish I could do other genres (sometimes!) but do love to plot a good suspense novel!

Oh, you brought up a good point. How many of you are plotters, and how many write by the seat of your pants (or as I now like to call it, "write organically")?