becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Tracy March and Girl Three

A big welcome to all of you who are visitint B&N's Mystery Forum for the first time!

Click "Mystery" (in green, next to "Genre Book Clubs & Idea Boards) to see the full list of topics here.

Author
NancyNaigle
0 Kudos

Yes, Tracy...only if I know you you'll make me run off the calories from the cupcake. :smileyhappy: But we'll have FUN FUN FUN with pretty cupcakes. I'm going to have one eye out for that handsome GIRL THREE hero, too.

:smileyhappy:

~~
www.NancyNaigle.com
Sweet Tea and Secrets :: Available now
Out of Focus coming November 2011
Contributor
Jerryjane
0 Kudos

Haven't you heard, cupcakes have no calories if you eat them in one bite.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

NancyNaigle wrote:

Yes, Tracy...only if I know you you'll make me run off the calories from the cupcake. :smileyhappy: But we'll have FUN FUN FUN with pretty cupcakes. I'm going to have one eye out for that handsome GIRL THREE hero, too.

Did any of you go to Magnolia Bakery when you were in NYC? I went there last summer and we discovered it by accident. Oh. My. God.

http://www.magnoliabakery.com/home.php

Author
NancyNaigle
0 Kudos

Oh Becke...those cupcakes are LOVELY!! I've tried to perfect that cupcake swirl but I can't seem to figure out the technique. Anyone have any tips on that??

Yummmmmmy.

JerryJane ... hoooray....I'll have to start doing my lipup excercises so I can get one big bite :smileywink: Anything to save those calories. I just started weight watchers...that cupcake might blow my whole extra point stockup for the week...but that's okay :smileyhappy: Treat yourself...it's a WW rule!

~~
www.NancyNaigle.com
Author
NancyNaigle
0 Kudos

Re: Nancy Naigle :: SWEET TEA AND SECRETS

Greetings friends,                          

Thanks for letting me join in the fun this week Adrienne. Adrienne, Tracy, Tracey and I met at a writing conference a couple years ago. At that time none of us was published yet and we were all looking for our big break. It has been so special to be on this journey with such a wonderful group of talented women. Not only are they all three talented...but they are genuinely nice, nice people. I love knowing I've got them in my corner, and am having a ball enjoying each and every one of their successes!

Okay...so let's get down to the fun. I hope everyone is fairing well on this Thursday following a holiday. Is it just me or do short weeks always seem more grueling?

Well, let's shake all that. Pull up a chair and grab a cup of coffee (we'll switch to sweet tea at 11am) and let's enjoy the day together.

I write love stories from the crossroad of small town and suspense. My debut novel is SWEET TEA AND SECRETS and it just came out in May. Before we get into the book....let me tell you a little about myself.

I'm a Virginia native. I guess living in the state with the motto VIRGINIA IS FOR LOVERS is about the best place a girl who writes books like me could be from :smileyhappy: My husband and I live in the small town of Drewryville in southern Virginia.

He's a full time goat rancher so I've got a few hundred goats out my window. My husband and I are very active in the goat industry and if you're in Virginia the first weekend in October, come on over to the Virginia State Fair. I'll be the master of ceremonies for the Va State Fair Market Goat show all weekend.This will be my fifth year running.

It's a nice balance to my day job. I'm a Senior Vice President with Bank of America by day....and spin love stories with suspense in the evenings and on every vacation day I get.

I'm an International Thriller Writers debut novelist and also a member of Mystery Writers of America and Romance Writers of America.

I have two step-children who are out on their own and two dogs (you saw Hunter earlier this week). Oh, and Nancy Naigle is my maiden name. I never changed it...a little fact that drives my husband, Mike Holland, NUTS!

Tell me a little about yourself....and shoot if you have any questions for me.

Thanks for joining me~

~~
www.NancyNaigle.com
Author
Tracey_Devlyn
0 Kudos

Jerryjane wrote:

I love this type of thinking!

Tracey Devlyn
A LADY'S REVENGE, Coming April 2012
http://TraceyDevlyn.com | http://RomanceUniversity.org
Author
Tracey_Devlyn
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

NancyNaigle wrote:

Did any of you go to Magnolia Bakery when you were in NYC? I went there last summer and we discovered it by accident. Oh. My. God.

Becke, my publisher ordered cupcakes from Magnolia and shipped(?) them to the Vietnamese restaurant where we had our author dinner. Fabulous!!

Tracey Devlyn
Author
Tracey_Devlyn
0 Kudos

Thanks, Nancy! I love learning new things about my friends. I knew you had goats, but a few HUNDRED? You are a goddess to hold down three demanding jobs!!

Tracey Devlyn
Author
NancyNaigle
0 Kudos

Does anyone else wish they had that tray of beautiful Magnolia Bakery cupcakes nearby to nosh while sipping coffee this morning?

Rise and shine -- it's a beautiful day.

Opening line of SWEET TEA AND SECRETS::

Jill Clemmons started each morning with Grandma Pearl’s favorite advice in
mind: Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, ‘Oh sh--, she's awake!’

Sometimes that was harder than it sounded. Like today.

~~
www.NancyNaigle.com
Author
Tracy_March
0 Kudos

Hi Nancy!

Thanks for sharing with us about you goat farm! I know you love those goats...and they are cute!

I have read SWEET TEA AND SECRETS and just love the small-town feel of it, the 'real' characters and especially loved Pearl. You must tell everyone more about her and share more of her 'Pearlisms!'

What's your favorite Pearlism?

Oh, thanks for the lovely cupcakes, Becke! Yum! :smileywink:

Tracy March
GIRL THREE - Coming November 2011
http://www.TracyMarch.com
Author
NancyNaigle
0 Kudos

FACTOID:  The original title of SWEET TEA AND SECRETS was Pearls of Wisdom.

Tracy mentioned the "Pearlisms" in the book. Yes, Pearl has lots of them.

Here are a couple....

• It's better to fight for what you really want then to be left wanting what you didn't fight for.
        • That's the good thing about small towns. If you don't know how you are, everybody else does.

Probably my favorite one is::

Love’s kind of like sweet tea. The secret is all in having the patience to let it steep.

Pearl has as many sayings as she does recipes...and that's a bunch!!

~~
www.NancyNaigle.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Good morning, Nancy! Well, almost afternoon I'm afraid. This is one of those weeks where I'm juggling the day job (garden writing) with everything else. Have you noticed how the days are shrinking? I swear there's only about 10 hours in each day, no matter how early I get up or how late I go to bed!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

NancyNaigle wrote:

Greetings friends,                          

Thanks for letting me join in the fun this week Adrienne. Adrienne, Tracy, Tracey and I met at a writing conference a couple years ago. At that time none of us was published yet and we were all looking for our big break. It has been so special to be on this journey with such a wonderful group of talented women. Not only are they all three talented...but they are genuinely nice, nice people. I love knowing I've got them in my corner, and am having a ball enjoying each and every one of their successes!

Okay...so let's get down to the fun. I hope everyone is fairing well on this Thursday following a holiday. Is it just me or do short weeks always seem more grueling?

Well, let's shake all that. Pull up a chair and grab a cup of coffee (we'll switch to sweet tea at 11am) and let's enjoy the day together.

I write love stories from the crossroad of small town and suspense. My debut novel is SWEET TEA AND SECRETS and it just came out in May. Before we get into the book....let me tell you a little about myself.

I'm a Virginia native. I guess living in the state with the motto VIRGINIA IS FOR LOVERS is about the best place a girl who writes books like me could be from :smileyhappy: My husband and I live in the small town of Drewryville in southern Virginia.

He's a full time goat rancher so I've got a few hundred goats out my window. My husband and I are very active in the goat industry and if you're in Virginia the first weekend in October, come on over to the Virginia State Fair. I'll be the master of ceremonies for the Va State Fair Market Goat show all weekend.This will be my fifth year running.

It's a nice balance to my day job. I'm a Senior Vice President with Bank of America by day....and spin love stories with suspense in the evenings and on every vacation day I get.

I'm an International Thriller Writers debut novelist and also a member of Mystery Writers of America and Romance Writers of America.

I have two step-children who are out on their own and two dogs (you saw Hunter earlier this week). Oh, and Nancy Naigle is my maiden name. I never changed it...a little fact that drives my husband, Mike Holland, NUTS!

Tell me a little about yourself....and shoot if you have any questions for me.

Thanks for joining me~

Nancy - It's so much fun getting to know you!

Author
NancyNaigle
0 Kudos

Oh yes...I've noticed the days seem to be shrinking, too.

Glad you were able to pop in and visit in your day of juggling :smileyhappy:

Hugs and happy reading,

Nancy

~~
www.NancyNaigle.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Tracey_Devlyn wrote:

Jerryjane wrote:

I love this type of thinking!

I agree!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Tracey_Devlyn wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

NancyNaigle wrote:

Becke, my publisher ordered cupcakes from Magnolia and shipped(?) them to the Vietnamese restaurant where we had our author dinner. Fabulous!!

Tracey - They have several locations. My daughter and I went to a show at Radio City Music Hall last summer and were walking down 6th Avenue quite close to 10 p.m. when we noticed a line of people snaking around the block. Curiosity won out and we got in line with everything else. It's a little piece of heaven!!!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

NancyNaigle wrote:

Does anyone else wish they had that tray of beautiful Magnolia Bakery cupcakes nearby to nosh while sipping coffee this morning?

Rise and shine -- it's a beautiful day.

Opening line of SWEET TEA AND SECRETS::

Jill Clemmons started each morning with Grandma Pearl’s favorite advice in
mind: Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, ‘Oh sh--, she's awake!’

Sometimes that was harder than it sounded. Like today.

What a fabulous beginning, Nancy!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

NancyNaigle wrote:

FACTOID:  The original title of SWEET TEA AND SECRETS was Pearls of Wisdom.

Tracy mentioned the "Pearlisms" in the book. Yes, Pearl has lots of them.

Here are a couple....

• It's better to fight for what you really want then to be left wanting what you didn't fight for.
        • That's the good thing about small towns. If you don't know how you are, everybody else does.

Probably my favorite one is::

Love’s kind of like sweet tea. The secret is all in having the patience to let it steep.

Pearl has as many sayings as she does recipes...and that's a bunch!!

I know I'm going to love this book!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

"Oh, and Nancy Naigle is my maiden name. I never changed it...a little fact that drives my husband, Mike Holland, NUTS!"

LOL!!!!

Nancy - I'm going to stop whining about juggling all my work. You're a bank VP, a writer, a mom and, oh yeah, you have a goat farm?

Have you been hiding something from us?