Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Nancy Naigle :: SWEET TEA AND SECRETS

I had the pleasure of meeting Nancy in person at Lori Foster's Reader Author Get Together in June. (My dream is to be on the "author" list there one day, since most of my friends are already there!) This year I brought my daughter, Jessica, for the first time - she had so much fun she wants to come again next year!

Here's a great picture of Nancy (and a weird, zombie-eyed picture of me):

Left to right: Jessica Davis, Nancy Naigle, Becke Davis, Rosie Murphy aka Gabriella Edwards (my critique partner and an absolutely lovely person!)

Author
NancyNaigle
0 Kudos

The Lori Foster Author/Reader Get Together was a wonderful event. It was my first time but I can promise you I will be back in 2012. It was so much for for readers and authors to chat over meals and fun things like pictures in the old-timey 4-picture photo booth. The giveaways were pretty awesome.

If you are a book lover and within driving distance to Cincinnati, Ohio you don't want to miss this even that is usually the first weekend in June. Mark your calendar now so you don't miss it next year.

~~
www.NancyNaigle.com
Sweet Tea and Secrets :: Available now
Out of Focus coming November 2011
Author
NancyNaigle
0 Kudos

Hahahah. I love that image. That super-S really is appropriate for all of us.

I swear it's crazy what  women these days juggle. I think that's exactly why it's become so important for us to have balance and reading is a wonderful escape from the hectic-microwaving pace we all live in today.

~~
www.NancyNaigle.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

NancyNaigle wrote:

The Lori Foster Author/Reader Get Together was a wonderful event. It was my first time but I can promise you I will be back in 2012. It was so much for for readers and authors to chat over meals and fun things like pictures in the old-timey 4-picture photo booth. The giveaways were pretty awesome.

If you are a book lover and within driving distance to Cincinnati, Ohio you don't want to miss this even that is usually the first weekend in June. Mark your calendar now so you don't miss it next year.

This was my fourth year there - I wouldn't miss it for the world!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

NancyNaigle wrote:

Hahahah. I love that image. That super-S really is appropriate for all of us.

I swear it's crazy what  women these days juggle. I think that's exactly why it's become so important for us to have balance and reading is a wonderful escape from the hectic-microwaving pace we all live in today.

I can't make it through a day without reading, even when I'm buried in deadlines. 

Have you read anything lately that you'd like to recommend? Any books you are eagerly waiting for? (Other than the to-be-released books - I take it those are a given!)

Author
NancyNaigle
0 Kudos

Have you gone to www.romanceandsuspense.com and signed up for our newsletters?

Adrienne Giordano writes contemporary suspense,

I write small town suspense,

Tracy March writes big city thrillers,

and Tracey Devlyn writes historical thrillers.

You can stay up to date on one or all of our books through the link on that site....plus we treat our friends to prizes :smileyhappy:

I love prizes!!

SWEET TEA AND SECRETS FACTOID::

There’s a dog in every one of my books. In Sweet Tea and Secrets, Clyde is a Bernese Mountain Dog. Pearl named him Clyde because his feet are big and fluffy like a Clydesdale.

That Pearl, she's a hoot.

Clyde is very drooly. You'll have to read the book to see the ingenius way Jill handles that :smileywink:

~~
www.NancyNaigle.com
Author
NancyNaigle
0 Kudos

BLURB for SWEET TEA AND SECRETS::

Visit the small town of Adams Grove where the biggest crime last year was a few hunters bagging over the legal limit of deer. This sleepy little town is wide awake and locking its doors after a series of break-ins over at Pearl Clemmons' place. Adams Grove is mourning the loss of Pearl Clemmons, known for her award-winning chocolate pecan pie and the best unsolicited advice in the county.

When Jill returns to settle her grandmother’s estate, she’s greeted by a Clydesdale-sized guardian dog who doesn't seem to be earning his stripes (although he drools on them pretty well), and Garrett Malloy, the ex-fiancé she left behind a year ago.

Jill insists on staying at Pearl’s amidst the string of break-ins, but Jill’s past
with Garrett becomes the least of her worries when she learns that their lives are in danger. She is the only person standing between a desperate conman and a secret from Pearl’s past.

Will Pearl’s past kill any chance of Jill and Garrett’s future together?

~~
www.NancyNaigle.com
Author
NancyNaigle
0 Kudos

SWEET TEA AND SECRETS
Factoid
1: Adams Grove is a real town in Virginia, only you won’t find even a post
office there. The Main Street and all the merchants are made up, but the
wonderful friends and neighbors are just as delightful as the real residents of
Adams Grove.

By the way....my second book with ties to the small town is titled OUT OF FOCUS.

RELEASE DATE :: NOVEMBER 14, 2011
A woman is caught in a web of friendship and betrayal as she desperately searches for her son.
1st Place :: Mainsteam/Literary Category :: 2010 Maryland Writers Association Novel Contest
1st Place :: Mainsteam Category :: CT-RWA The WRITE Stuff
2010 Finalist :: Single Title Category :: Silicon Valley RWA Gotcha! Contest
2010 Finalist :: Novel w Romantic Elements :: SD-RWA SPRING INTO ROMANCE contest 

Kasey Phillips thought her biggest problem was deciding whether to photograph Cody Tuggle’s honky-tonkin’ tour, until an accident on Route 58 claims the life of her husband. In a desperate race against time as a hurricane threatens the eastern seaboard, they search for her three-year-old son who is missing from the wreckage, but someone knows more than they are telling. 

~~
www.NancyNaigle.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

NancyNaigle wrote:

SWEET TEA AND SECRETS
Factoid
Adams Grove.

By the way....my second book with ties to the small town is titled OUT OF FOCUS.

A woman is caught in a web of friendship and betrayal as she desperately searches for her son.
1st Place :: Mainsteam/Literary Category :: 2010 Maryland Writers Association Novel Contest
2010 Finalist :: Novel w Romantic Elements :: SD-RWA SPRING INTO ROMANCE contest 

Kasey Phillips thought her biggest problem was deciding whether to photograph Cody Tuggle’s honky-tonkin’ tour, until an accident on Route 58 claims the life of her husband. In a desperate race against time as a hurricane threatens the eastern seaboard, they search for her three-year-old son who is missing from the wreckage, but someone knows more than they are telling. 

Nancy - The cover gods are definitely with you!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

NancyNaigle wrote:

Have you gone to www.romanceandsuspense.com and signed up for our newsletters?

Adrienne Giordano writes contemporary suspense,

I write small town suspense,

Tracy March writes big city thrillers,

and Tracey Devlyn writes historical thrillers.

You can stay up to date on one or all of our books through the link on that site....plus we treat our friends to prizes :smileyhappy:

I love prizes!!

SWEET TEA AND SECRETS FACTOID::

There’s a dog in every one of my books. In Sweet Tea and Secrets, Clyde is a Bernese Mountain Dog. Pearl named him Clyde because his feet are big and fluffy like a Clydesdale.

That Pearl, she's a hoot.

Clyde is very drooly. You'll have to read the book to see the ingenius way Jill handles that :smileywink:

Soooo cute!!

Inspired Wordsmith
harleyhoney
0 Kudos

Re: Tracy March and Girl Three

Welcome Tracy to the Mystery Forum.  Thank you for spending time with us here.  Your Washington DC rooftop party sounds like so much fun.  That would be great to spend the 4th of July in our nation’s capital.  Girl Three is going to be a great thriller, here’s another book for my staggering list.

When I read about your former profession, I decided that I must tell a story on one of my daughter’s friends.  When she was asked in Kindergarten what her daddy did for his work, she proudly informed her class and teacher that “he sold drugs out of the trunk of his car”.  He was a pharmaceutical rep.

RE: the Blizzard question.  Yes to a medium.  My favorite is Georgia Mud Fudge.

Nancy

"Somebody said they saw me swinging the world by the tail, bouncing over a white cloud, killing the blues."
Killing the Blues by Rowland Salley
Performed by Robert Plant and Alison Kraus on RAISING SAND
Author
AdrienneGiordano
0 Kudos

NancyNaigle wrote:

FACTOID:  The original title of SWEET TEA AND SECRETS was Pearls of Wisdom.

Tracy mentioned the "Pearlisms" in the book. Yes, Pearl has lots of them.

Here are a couple....

• It's better to fight for what you really want then to be left wanting what you didn't fight for.
        • That's the good thing about small towns. If you don't know how you are, everybody else does.

Probably my favorite one is::

Love’s kind of like sweet tea. The secret is all in having the patience to let it steep.

Pearl has as many sayings as she does recipes...and that's a bunch!!

I love these sayings.  They are so true!  I particularly like the one about fighting for what you really want.  As a newly published autho that one really spoke to me. Before I received "the call" I had several months where I felt like I wouldn't get published and maybe I should give up.  Something inside me wouldn't allow it.  First off, the idea of quitting never sits well with me.  Second, I think the wondering if I should have kept going would have killed me!  So glad I didn't quit.  I'm putting this Pearlism on my desk!

www.adriennegiordano.com
Man Law, coming July 4, 2011 from Carina Press
Author
AdrienneGiordano
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

I had the pleasure of meeting Nancy in person at Lori Foster's Reader Author Get Together in June. (My dream is to be on the "author" list there one day, since most of my friends are already there!) This year I brought my daughter, Jessica, for the first time - she had so much fun she wants to come again next year!

Here's a great picture of Nancy (and a weird, zombie-eyed picture of me):

Left to right: Jessica Davis, Nancy Naigle, Becke Davis, Rosie Murphy aka Gabriella Edwards (my critique partner and an absolutely lovely person!)

What a great picture!  How fun.

www.adriennegiordano.com
Author
AdrienneGiordano
0 Kudos

NancyNaigle wrote:

SWEET TEA AND SECRETS
Factoid
Adams Grove.

Nancy, I'm am loving your covers.  Just fabulous!  Every time I see one I want to curl up with a glass of "Sweet Tea" and a book!

www.adriennegiordano.com
Author
NancyNaigle
0 Kudos

Anyone need Pearl's Sweet Tea recipe to help beat the summer heat?

http://www.nancynaigle.com/sweettea.htm

There are also recipes in the back of the trade paperback of Sweet Tea and Secrets for Pearl's award winning chocolate pecan pie, and Garrett's favorite fried meatloaf.

What's your favorite southern comfort food?

~~
www.NancyNaigle.com
Contributor
Jerryjane
0 Kudos

I am hoping to put Lori Foster on my calendar for next year. Fingers crossed.

New User
leanne109
0 Kudos

Great photo!!! lovely!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Jerryjane wrote:

I am hoping to put Lori Foster on my calendar for next year. Fingers crossed.

It's my favorite conference, and it's REALLY reasonably priced. Hope to see you there!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

NancyNaigle wrote:

Anyone need Pearl's Sweet Tea recipe to help beat the summer heat?

http://www.nancynaigle.com/sweettea.htm

There are also recipes in the back of the trade paperback of Sweet Tea and Secrets for Pearl's award winning chocolate pecan pie, and Garrett's favorite fried meatloaf.

What's your favorite southern comfort food?

Oh my gosh, you're killing me!!

Inspired Wordsmith
harleyhoney
0 Kudos

Welcome Nancy to the Mystery Forum.  Thank you for spending time with us here. Thank you for sharing the corn casserole recipe.  Sounds good, think I’ll make it for a family BBQ this Sunday.  Your Hunter looks so much like my grandpuppy, Gracie.  Sweet Tea and Secrets sounds right up my alley.  Love the cover and the first line.  I just want to curl up in an old rocker on the porch with an icy beverage (Sangria sounds good right now) and a good mystery.  Are you planning an Adams Grove series?

Favorite southern dish:  Biscuits and Gravy 

Nancy

"Somebody said they saw me swinging the world by the tail, bouncing over a white cloud, killing the blues."
Killing the Blues by Rowland Salley
Performed by Robert Plant and Alison Kraus on RAISING SAND