New User
KelseyBrowning
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author ADRIENNE GIORDANO!

Adrienne -

I never tire of reading/hearing about your dad. I know he's SO proud of you today!

I'll be downloading Vic's "final version" today.

Happy 4th!

Kels

New User
KelseyBrowning
0 Kudos

Becke - 

I want the black and pink one with the word "PARTY" on it! :smileyhappy:

Kels

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hi, Adrienne, I like your new book, Man Law, and I just might buy it. Welcome to the Mystery Forum and thanks for stopping by on a holiday week.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Author
AdrienneGiordano
0 Kudos

Luciej wrote:

Hey, Adrienne.

So happy for you today. Man Law is a great story and such a wonderful debut novel as are the rest of the stories in the Private Protectors series. 

Wishing you the very best.

Lucie j.

Thank you, Lucie J.  Gang, Lucie J. is one of my critique partners and has been with me for every book in this series.  She's also a fabulous writer. Check out her books at:  http://luciejcharles.com/

www.adriennegiordano.com
Man Law, coming July 4, 2011 from Carina Press
Author
AdrienneGiordano
0 Kudos

KelseyBrowning wrote:

Adrienne -

I never tire of reading/hearing about your dad. I know he's SO proud of you today!

Happy 4th!

Kels

How awesome is this?! All my critique partners are joining the fun.  I think Kelsey might just be Vic's #1 fan.  She's always loved him and kept me focused while I searched for a publisher who would give my challenging hero a home.

You're the bomb!

www.adriennegiordano.com
Author
AdrienneGiordano
0 Kudos

maxcat wrote:

Hi, Adrienne, I like your new book, Man Law, and I just might buy it. Welcome to the Mystery Forum and thanks for stopping by on a holiday week.

Thanks for stopping, Maxcat!  Glad you liked the excerpt.

www.adriennegiordano.com
Author
AdrienneGiordano
0 Kudos

July 4

So, since it's a holiday, I'm thinking we should chat about any traditions that you have on the 4th.  Besides fireworks of course!

It has just occurred to me that Man Law has a fourth of July party in it and it's an important scene.  How appropriate that the book releases today! 

Anyhoo, my son has decided he wants to go bowling today. We'll do that and later we will BBQ and watch the fireworks from our yard where we will do smores.  It's always fun.

www.adriennegiordano.com
Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Tracy_March wrote:

I have definitely come to the right place! :smileyhappy: Donuts and party hats... I'll wear the one that says 'Party' in the pretty cursive writing. If I look in the mirror, will it say ytraP? 

Today there are great reasons to celebrate! Thanks to all of the former and active military who keep our country free and safe...we salute you. Happy Independence Day to everyone!

It's a perfect day to relax and read Adrienne's book MAN LAW. If you want fireworks without the crowds and traffic, you'll find them in the pages of MAN LAW! Happy release day, Adrienne!

Thanks to Adrienne for inviting me to the party--along with Nancy and Tracey with an 'e.' :smileywink:

Welcome to the party, everyone!

I'll second that!

MyCoolEspacio.com Comments: Happy 4th Of July

And I'll third that!!! Great way to start the day, becke! Doughnuts--and the best kind--virtual, so no calories, and sparklies--to celebrate the 4th! I'll be fixing the Chili-cheese-dogs and potato salad later for my parents, but I'm going to try to be good and have my soy dogs so staying on my diet(mostly, anyway). Adrienne, is there any favorite food you like to have on the 4th? I may be on a diet, but I still like to discuss food--especially if it's what someone else is eating! Hee hee.

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Luciej wrote:

Hey, Adrienne.

So happy for you today. Man Law is a great story and such a wonderful debut novel as are the rest of the stories in the Private Protectors series. 

Wishing you the very best.

Lucie j.

Hi Lucie - Great to see you here! Thanks for joining the party!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

KelseyBrowning wrote:

Adrienne -

Happy 4th!

Kels

*waves madly* Hi Kelsey! Have you recovered from National? It's great to see you here!

Author
Tracy_March
0 Kudos

How cool is Adrienne? All I had to do was mention the magic word--donuts--and *poof*, I get a copy of MAN LAW in my inbox? Virtual, calorie-free donuts and MAN LAW? Today is my lucky day!

Thanks, Adrienne. Looking forward to getting to know Vic. I know I'm going to love him...and want to punch him.

As for my plans for the 4th--getting some work done and going on a nice (albeit hot) bike ride. We live near the river and will see lots of fireworks from here so no need to get into crowds and traffic.

Three years ago, when my husband and I lived in an 11th-floor condo on Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington, D.C., we had a rooftop party at our condo building and saw the fabulous D.C. fireworks from a magnificent vantage point. Amazing to see all of the revelers who show up on the mall for the display. Literally thousands of people. It's quite a spectacle!

Becke--ask Nancy Naigle about her corn casserole that she mentioned this morning. She made it for her family's picnic today. Sounds Y-U-M-M-Y. And easy to make. I think I might even be able to make it, and that's saying something!

Tracy March
GIRL THREE - Coming November 2011
http://www.TracyMarch.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: July 4

AdrienneGiordano wrote:

So, since it's a holiday, I'm thinking we should chat about any traditions that you have on the 4th.  Besides fireworks of course!

It has just occurred to me that Man Law has a fourth of July party in it and it's an important scene.  How appropriate that the book releases today! 

Anyhoo, my son has decided he wants to go bowling today. We'll do that and later we will BBQ and watch the fireworks from our yard where we will do smores.  It's always fun.

My husband is home by himself while I'm in Chicago, taking care of my son's place - and his dog. On the downside, my husband has been buried in work all weekend. On the upside, he's been invited to a couple of 4th of July parties. And our cat is happy we didn't both desert him.

I'm not doing anything special today, except taking the dog for a lot of walks down by Promontory Point. It's off Lake Shore Drive - a beautiful walk, and there's a beach! And the weather is gorgeous today.

Actually, I AM doing something special today. I'm finishing my work-in-progress!! I've been using this as a writing retreat, and it's done the trick! I'm sure I'll need to revise the story, and I haven't written the synopsis yet, but this is still something to celebrate!

Speaking of celebrating, I hear MAN LAW is now #1 at Carina Press!!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Tracy_March wrote:

How cool is Adrienne? All I had to do was mention the magic word--donuts--and *poof*, I get a copy of MAN LAW in my inbox? Virtual, calorie-free donuts and MAN LAW? Today is my lucky day!

Thanks, Adrienne. Looking forward to getting to know Vic. I know I'm going to love him...and want to punch him.

As for my plans for the 4th--getting some work done and going on a nice (albeit hot) bike ride. We live near the river and will see lots of fireworks from here so no need to get into crowds and traffic.

Three years ago, when my husband and I lived in an 11th-floor condo on Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington, D.C., we had a rooftop party at our condo building and saw the fabulous D.C. fireworks from a magnificent vantage point. Amazing to see all of the revelers who show up on the mall for the display. Literally thousands of people. It's quite a spectacle!

Becke--ask Nancy Naigle about her corn casserole that she mentioned this morning. She made it for her family's picnic today. Sounds Y-U-M-M-Y. And easy to make. I think I might even be able to make it, and that's saying something!

There were a lot of fireworks here last night but, as I quickly learned, my son's dog is terrified of them. Neither of us got much sleep last night!

Tracy - Maybe you can give Nancy a nudge and see if she'll share that corn casserole recipe with us. There are a lot of foodies here!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I think everyone is off enjoying 4th of July barbecues and picnics. Here's something to put us all in the mood!

Author
AdrienneGiordano
0 Kudos

Tracy_March wrote:

Ooh, the fireworks from the roof sounds amazing. I would love that. I'd never want to come down that.

And I think Nancy needs to post the recipe to that corn casserole!

www.adriennegiordano.com
Author
AdrienneGiordano
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Actually, I AM doing something special today. I'm finishing my work-in-progress!! I've been using this as a writing retreat, and it's done the trick! I'm sure I'll need to revise the story, and I haven't written the synopsis yet, but this is still something to celebrate!

Yay, Becke!  Finishing the WIP is a major accomplishment. Most people don't ever get there. Big congrats to you!

Yep, Man Law went to #1 on the Carina site this morning. It was a lovely surprise!

www.adriennegiordano.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

AdrienneGiordano wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Yay, Becke!  Finishing the WIP is a major accomplishment. Most people don't ever get there. Big congrats to you!

Yep, Man Law went to #1 on the Carina site this morning. It was a lovely surprise!

Thanks! This is the fifth one I've finished - seventh, if you count two novellas. I've been learning-by-writing, so hopefully there's been major improvement over the four years it took to write these. Fingers crossed!

Author
Tracy_March
0 Kudos

Becke,

Learning by writing is a great way to do it! Just like any sport---practice, practice, practice.

Congratulations on your accomplishment. Finishing a WIP is huge!

Have one of those wonderful, tasty-looking virtual cupcakes and celebrate!

Tracy March
GIRL THREE - Coming November 2011
http://www.TracyMarch.com
Author
Tracey_Devlyn
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Tracey_Devlyn wrote:

Happy release day, A! I'm so incredibly happy for you.

Really looking forward to this week's bash at B&N with you and pals Nancy Naigle and Tracy March!

Hi Tracey! This week is going to be a blast! I'm also looking forward to hear about your adventures at RWA National last week - I hope you, Kelsey, Adrienne and Robin had a great time!

Now I think we need to kick today off with party hats for everyone:

Becke, we had a fabulous time. This was my first visit to the Big Apple and my buds took me on a carriage ride through Central Park. Absolutely perfect day for a beautiful ride. I'm going to try and squeeze in an RWA post on July 20 over at RU. However, readers can see some of the pics we took here http://tinyurl.com/5tcwvpb.

Tracey Devlyn
A LADY'S REVENGE, Coming April 2012
http://TraceyDevlyn.com | http://RomanceUniversity.org
Author
Tracey_Devlyn
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Becke, congrats on finishing your WIP! It's an amazing feeling, isn't it?

Tracey Devlyn
A LADY'S REVENGE, Coming April 2012
http://TraceyDevlyn.com | http://RomanceUniversity.org