Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author ANDREW GROSS!

What are you working on now? Can you tell us anything about your next book, or is it too soon to say?

Correspondent
seasanddollar
0 Kudos

Hi, Andrew.  I haven't read any of your books yet, but it appears that I have all of them either on my Nook or on my wish list. Before you wrote with James Patterson, did you already know what style of writing you wanted to do when you got on your own?

Inspired Contributor
leisure_reader
0 Kudos

Welcome Andrew

With you co-authored books with James Patterson-how were you able to coordinate the collective writings? 

Writing as a solo author would be hard enough, but two on the same book??  Any disagreements on content?  If so-you know what they say about opinions-everyone is entitled to have one. Can you share how you go about resolving content conflicts?

J

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for visiting with us, Andrew - come back soon!

Author
NancyNaigle
0 Kudos

You had me at Leslie Fay! OMG my mom and I used to fight over the Leslie Fay clothes at Miller & Rhoads in Virginia Beach. We may have had the whole collection.

Seriously, it really is interesting to learn unexpected trivia about your favorite authors. Thanks for sharing.

I've enjoyed hearing more about your latest release.

Thanks for bringing us great stories,

Nancy Naigle

www.NancyNaigle.com :: http://bit.ly/ooGOku

Love stories from the crossroad of small town and suspense.

~~
www.NancyNaigle.com
Sweet Tea and Secrets :: Available now
Out of Focus coming November 2011
becke_davis
0 Kudos

NancyNaigle wrote:

You had me at Leslie Fay! OMG my mom and I used to fight over the Leslie Fay clothes at Miller & Rhoads in Virginia Beach. We may have had the whole collection.

Seriously, it really is interesting to learn unexpected trivia about your favorite authors. Thanks for sharing.

I've enjoyed hearing more about your latest release.

Thanks for bringing us great stories,

Nancy Naigle

www.NancyNaigle.com :: http://bit.ly/ooGOku

Love stories from the crossroad of small town and suspense.

I remember Leslie Fay, too - one of my favorite tops was a Leslie Fay, back in the day.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

NEWS!!

This was just passed on to me:

I wanted to check in and make sure you saw the great ***starred*** Kirkus review for Andrew Gross’s 15 SECONDS:

“A taut thriller from Gross about misplaced vengeance. …This story begins in high gear and never downshifts as it often swerves to show the world through the villain’s eyes. … It all works up to a frightening finale that Gross handles with masterful skill. …Fans of the genre will love this one. It’s a fast, fun read with crisp dialogue and a tight plot. If you’re a bedtime reader, you might as well plan on staying up late, because you’ll be itching to learn how it ends.”

While on tour in 2010, Andy was driving to a book signing when he was pulled over for making an illegal U-turn.  What should have been a routine traffic stop found Andy handcuffed and detained in the back of a squad car with a police officer shouting homeland security-type questions at the author. 

15 Seconds  

Luckily he was let go with a warning but that experience got him thinking about just how quickly a life can change. And that led to the germination for his most recent thriller, 15 SECONDS (Morrow, on sale 7/10/2012, ISBN: 9780061655975).  15 SECONDS may not seem that long, but for Dr. Henry Steadman, 15 SECONDS is all it takes to turn his life upside down, set him on the run from the police, and make him Florida’s most wanted man.

15 SECONDS is sure to send chills down your spine and shows a growing master of the genre at the top of his form. I urge you to just read 20 pages—you will not put it down from there. As Harlan Coben says, “[15 SECONDS is] A white knuckle, stay-up-all-night thrill ride.”

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Watch Andrew tell his story here:  

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

NEWS!!

This was just passed on to me:

I wanted to check in and make sure you saw the great ***starred*** Kirkus review for Andrew Gross’s 15 SECONDS:

“A taut thriller from Gross about misplaced vengeance. …This story begins in high gear and never downshifts as it often swerves to show the world through the villain’s eyes. … It all works up to a frightening finale that Gross handles with masterful skill. …Fans of the genre will love this one. It’s a fast, fun read with crisp dialogue and a tight plot. If you’re a bedtime reader, you might as well plan on staying up late, because you’ll be itching to learn how it ends.”

While on tour in 2010, Andy was driving to a book signing when he was pulled over for making an illegal U-turn.  What should have been a routine traffic stop found Andy handcuffed and detained in the back of a squad car with a police officer shouting homeland security-type questions at the author. 

15 Seconds  

Luckily he was let go with a warning but that experience got him thinking about just how quickly a life can change. And that led to the germination for his most recent thriller, 15 SECONDS (Morrow, on sale 7/10/2012, ISBN: 9780061655975).  15 SECONDS may not seem that long, but for Dr. Henry Steadman, 15 SECONDS is all it takes to turn his life upside down, set him on the run from the police, and make him Florida’s most wanted man.

15 SECONDS is sure to send chills down your spine and shows a growing master of the genre at the top of his form. I urge you to just read 20 pages—you will not put it down from there. As Harlan Coben says, “[15 SECONDS is] A white knuckle, stay-up-all-night thrill ride.”

Looking forward to reading this! Sounds good!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt