Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author AVERY AAMES!

becke_davis wrote:

Just a reminder that this is a party - Avery and Kate are friends, so this is a joint effort. I gave them each their own thread so I could give them individual introductions - be sure to stop in at both threads!

Party

Par-TEE! Par-TEE! Par-TEE!

I guess I will leave the red solo cup over at Kate's and get a nice goblet full of some cupcake wine, and some brie. "To Brie or not to Brie," huh? That is so clever! Glad  to hear you will have several more books, at least, in your series, Daryl/Avery! Congratulations!

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome AVERY AAMES!

[ Edited ]

Have fun, Avery! Here's some golf-related Valentines for you!

Author
AveryAames
0 Kudos

Thanks!  Loving the party!!!!!  :smileyhappy:

~Avery

Author
AveryAames
0 Kudos

These are the most adorable cards ever!  Where did you find the images?  So cute!

~Avery

becke_davis
0 Kudos

AveryAames wrote:

These are the most adorable cards ever!  Where did you find the images?  So cute!

~Avery

Type in "vintage Valentines" at Google, and then click "Images." TONS of them there!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Hi Avery - I'm not sure if I've asked this before, but do you still do any acting/TV work? Or does writing take up all your time now?

Author
AveryAames
0 Kudos

Hi, Becke. I haven't done any acting in a couple of years. I moved out of California for a while and did mainly theater. I had a ball doing that. I love to sing and dance and act. It's a guilty pleasure, for sure. When I moved back to Los Angeles, I found that I was too busy writing to take part in the acting life here. Maybe in the future as things settle in for my writing schedule. It's difficult with my editor asking for virtually a book every 4-5 months.

As an actress (I acted under my real name, Daryl Wood Gerber or Daryl Wood), I was on Murder, She Wrote and Matlock and a number of other TV shows, mainly mysteries (oddly enough). I did a couple of small parts in movies. I did a TON of commercials, which is where I made most of my money and was able to support myself as an actress (one of the lucky few). And I did theater. I toured a couple of shows. And then, as a writer, I started out by creating the format for a TV show that was popular, "Out of this World." I turned to longer form (screenplays) and won a couple of awards, but I couldn't get those sold before my husband and I and our son moved across (and around) the country for my husband's terrific career in sports.

Best,

Avery

becke_davis
0 Kudos

AveryAames wrote:

Hi, Becke. I haven't done any acting in a couple of years. I moved out of California for a while and did mainly theater. I had a ball doing that. I love to sing and dance and act. It's a guilty pleasure, for sure. When I moved back to Los Angeles, I found that I was too busy writing to take part in the acting life here. Maybe in the future as things settle in for my writing schedule. It's difficult with my editor asking for virtually a book every 4-5 months.

As an actress (I acted under my real name, Daryl Wood Gerber or Daryl Wood), I was on Murder, She Wrote and Matlock and a number of other TV shows, mainly mysteries (oddly enough). I did a couple of small parts in movies. I did a TON of commercials, which is where I made most of my money and was able to support myself as an actress (one of the lucky few). And I did theater. I toured a couple of shows. And then, as a writer, I started out by creating the format for a TV show that was popular, "Out of this World." I turned to longer form (screenplays) and won a couple of awards, but I couldn't get those sold before my husband and I and our son moved across (and around) the country for my husband's terrific career in sports.

Best,

Avery

Two friends of mine still live in Hollywood - both have been in movies and TV shows, and one was in commercials a lot. I think I mentioned them the last time you visited. My uncle (who was a DJ in Chicago and Dallas) had one movie role - he played an alderman (or was it a judge?) in the movie CONTINENTAL DIVIDE. When he was young he sang on stage with Jeanette MacDonald and acted with Charles Coburn and Vincent Price.

Acting sounds like fun but I think it's a lot harder than most people realize!

Do you have screenshots of yourself in any of those parts? I'd LOVE to see them!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Woo-hoo - I just saw this on Avery's Twitter page:

Avery Aames

My editor gave me some B&N stats for the first week of CLOBBERED BY CAMEMBERT'S release. It is #39 on the B&N... 

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Avery - Can you tell us a little about your writing process?

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Finally finished LOST AND FONDUE - another fun cheesey read! Can't wait to read CLOBBERED BY CAMEMBERT to find out more about Jordan's background!
Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Author
AveryAames
0 Kudos

Thanks! I'm so excited!!!  B&N fans have been very very very good to me. I hope many realize that my book is not the same as B.B. Haywoods. We have almost the same type of cover - cool blues and lavenders, both with an ice sculpture on them! So make sure when you want a Cheese Shop Mystery that you've got the right one. And pick up B.B.'s book, too.  They're the "Town in a" series.  :smileyhappy:

~Avery

Author
AveryAames
0 Kudos

I have a couple of theater shorts that might give you a good laugh. I'll send them to you and you can post them.

~Avery aka Daryl

becke_davis
0 Kudos

AveryAames wrote:

Thanks! I'm so excited!!!  B&N fans have been very very very good to me. I hope many realize that my book is not the same as B.B. Haywoods. We have almost the same type of cover - cool blues and lavenders, both with an ice sculpture on them! So make sure when you want a Cheese Shop Mystery that you've got the right one. And pick up B.B.'s book, too.  They're the "Town in a" series.  :smileyhappy:

~Avery

Yikes, you scared me - for a minute I thought I'd posted links to the wrong books!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

AveryAames wrote:

I have a couple of theater shorts that might give you a good laugh. I'll send them to you and you can post them.

~Avery aka Daryl

What fun!

Here's the first of Avery's pictures:

Lend Me a Tenor - I played an Italian diva, with accent. :smileyhappy:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I LOVE this one!!

Caption: "My first commercial shot to send to agents"

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for sharing these photos with us - they are FABULOUS!!

Caption: "In a blonde wig with my stage daughter in Caught in the Net."

Author
AveryAames
0 Kudos

Edie, I'm thrilled to hear you're enjoying the books. Tell a friend.  :smileyhappy:  And yes, in each book, you'll learn a little more about Jordan. Don't you love him?  I do.  I mean...Charlotte does.  LOL

~Avery

Author
AveryAames
0 Kudos

Don't think the photos showed up Becke. I see little blue squares.

~Avery

becke_davis
0 Kudos

AveryAames wrote:

Don't think the photos showed up Becke. I see little blue squares.

~Avery

What browser are you using, Avery? Images here don't always show up in Internet Explorer, for example. I'll see if I can save them as jpegs and load them from my computer.