Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Author
Beth_Groundwater
Posts: 200
Registered: ‎03-30-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author BETH GROUNDWATER!


Fricka wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Please welcome BETH GROUNDWATER!

 


Ooooo yes, welcome back, Beth. I enjoyed reading Deadly Currents very much and look forward to reading the next book in your series, Wicked Eddies.

Any chance you might be signing books in the Southwest sometime in the future, like maybe next fall? ( I would love to travel to one of your book signings in Colorado, but right now can't afford to do that!)


Hi Fricka,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

 

I stretched my limited book travel budget to cover the Malice Domestic conference and Festival of Mystery back east last month and Bouchercon in Cleveland this fall, and I will be at the Left Coast Crime conference next spring in Colorado Springs. I'd love to swing through New Mexico and Arizona on a combo book tour/vacation sometime soon, but my book sales will have to increase a lot to support that. :smileyhappy: You can all help that by spreading the word about my books to your friends!

 

In the meantime, I encourage you and anyone else here who is interested, to gather a group of friends to discuss WICKED EDDIES and the series with me via speakerphone or Skype. You can email me at my website, bethgroundwater.com, to arrange a date and time.

 

- Beth

--
Beth Groundwater, http://bethgroundwater.com/
DEADLY CURRENTS, 03/11, A REAL BASKET CASE re-release, 11/11
WICKED EDDIES, 05/12, TO HELL IN A HANDBASKET re-release, 11/12
FATAL DESCENT, 06/13, A BASKET OF TROUBLE, 11/13
Author
Beth_Groundwater
Posts: 200
Registered: ‎03-30-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author BETH GROUNDWATER!


maxcat wrote:

Hi, Beth, I would truly like to read one of your mysteries. But I keep forgetting to buy one. This time I will! Thanks for being here this week.


Hi maxcat,

LOL! Thanks for remembering to buy one of my mysteries this time! I hope you enjoy it enough that you'll be "hooked" by my writing and go fishing for the rest of my books. ;-)

 

It's always a pleasure for me to visit the B&N Book Club as a visiting author, because I enjoy hanging out here as a reader, too.

- Beth

--
Beth Groundwater, http://bethgroundwater.com/
DEADLY CURRENTS, 03/11, A REAL BASKET CASE re-release, 11/11
WICKED EDDIES, 05/12, TO HELL IN A HANDBASKET re-release, 11/12
FATAL DESCENT, 06/13, A BASKET OF TROUBLE, 11/13
Author
Beth_Groundwater
Posts: 200
Registered: ‎03-30-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author BETH GROUNDWATER!

Becke always does a great job of scouring the Internet to find photos, video (eek!), and websites for her visiting authors. In addition to what she found for me, I want to mention my blog:

 

http://bethgroundwater.blogspot.com/

 

I prescheduled some posts while I was gone on my trip, most recently about Organizing a Series and giving a list of links to recent interviews I've done on-line.

 

Also, all of you may be interested in the quote below from a recent review of Wicked Eddies in the May 1st edition of Kirkus Reviews:

 

"Once again, Groundwater, mixing mystery with outdoor adventure, comes up with an excursion that will please most comers."

 

Okay, I think I'm caught up now, so if more of you have questions, comments, feedback, etc., please feel free to fire away!

 

- Beth

--
Beth Groundwater, http://bethgroundwater.com/
DEADLY CURRENTS, 03/11, A REAL BASKET CASE re-release, 11/11
WICKED EDDIES, 05/12, TO HELL IN A HANDBASKET re-release, 11/12
FATAL DESCENT, 06/13, A BASKET OF TROUBLE, 11/13
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author BETH GROUNDWATER!


Beth_Groundwater wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Beth has been traveling, so she may be a bit late joining us. How about some coffee and donuts to start the day?

 

Howdy, everyone!

 

Yes, indeed, I need that coffee this morning after getting home about 10:30 PM last night from my top-of-the-bucket-list trip to Peru for a week (Lima, Cuzco, Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu) and Ecuador for a week (Quito, Galapagos Islands). It was an amazing trip, and I hope to post some photos to my blog once my husband and I sort through them.

 

Today I'm doing laundry and contacting the dentist to make an appointment to get a crown made. I had the lovely experience of cracking a tooth in half while in Peru and having a root canal done by a Peruvian endodontist! It all went well with minimal pain, the procedure cost probably less than half that it would have cost in the US, and our travel guide went with me to the endodontist to translate. I have to credit OAT (Overseas Adventure Travel) for their phenomenal trip planning and fantastic guides.

 

I'll answer individual msgs. next. I'm happy to be here with you all this week!

 

- Beth


Welcome back, Beth!

 

Wow, that was quite an adventure! How did you crack your tooth? It sounds like you lucked out with the travel agency and with the medical care. My mom broke her ankle while touring in France with a friend several years ago. She said the medical care was amazing and hardly cost her anything, plus she was treated really well.

 

If you'd like to share pictures of your trip, either email them to me and I'll upload them, or if you post them on Facebook or on your website, you can just copy and paste them here.

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author BETH GROUNDWATER!


Beth_Groundwater wrote:

Fricka wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Please welcome BETH GROUNDWATER!

 


Ooooo yes, welcome back, Beth. I enjoyed reading Deadly Currents very much and look forward to reading the next book in your series, Wicked Eddies.

Any chance you might be signing books in the Southwest sometime in the future, like maybe next fall? ( I would love to travel to one of your book signings in Colorado, but right now can't afford to do that!)


Hi Fricka,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

 

I stretched my limited book travel budget to cover the Malice Domestic conference and Festival of Mystery back east last month and Bouchercon in Cleveland this fall, and I will be at the Left Coast Crime conference next spring in Colorado Springs. I'd love to swing through New Mexico and Arizona on a combo book tour/vacation sometime soon, but my book sales will have to increase a lot to support that. :smileyhappy: You can all help that by spreading the word about my books to your friends!

 

In the meantime, I encourage you and anyone else here who is interested, to gather a group of friends to discuss WICKED EDDIES and the series with me via speakerphone or Skype. You can email me at my website, bethgroundwater.com, to arrange a date and time.

 

- Beth


Let me know if you do that Arizona/New Mexico trip, Beth. My brother works for a bookstore in Albuquerque.

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author BETH GROUNDWATER!


Beth_Groundwater wrote:

Becke always does a great job of scouring the Internet to find photos, video (eek!), and websites for her visiting authors. In addition to what she found for me, I want to mention my blog:

 

http://bethgroundwater.blogspot.com/

 

I prescheduled some posts while I was gone on my trip, most recently about Organizing a Series and giving a list of links to recent interviews I've done on-line.

 

Also, all of you may be interested in the quote below from a recent review of Wicked Eddies in the May 1st edition of Kirkus Reviews:

 

"Once again, Groundwater, mixing mystery with outdoor adventure, comes up with an excursion that will please most comers."

 

Okay, I think I'm caught up now, so if more of you have questions, comments, feedback, etc., please feel free to fire away!

 

- Beth


Sorry I forgot to post the link to your blog, Beth! I thought that was a really interesting video interview - hope you don't mind that I posted it!

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author BETH GROUNDWATER!

Here's a recent interview with Beth at The Big Thrill:

 

Wicked Eddies by Beth Groundwater

 

By Cathy Clamp

Many people long for adventure in the outdoors. Camping, hiking, even fishing are how many people plan their vacations. But what to do when a seemingly innocuous sport like fly fishing turns deadly?

Beth Groundwater, author of the Claire Hanover Gift Baskets series (including the Agatha Award finalist A REAL BASKET CASE) first introduced Colorado river ranger Mandy Tanner in the 2011 debut DEADLY CURRENTS. In WICKED EDDIES, Mandy’s life grows even more difficult. She knew the Arkansas River could be a man-eater, but the rapids weren’t responsible for driving a hatchet into the neck of would-be competitor Howie Abbott―a secretive man who may have been cheating. While casting about for suspects, Mandy seeks clues from Abbott’s family members, including her best friend, bartender Cynthia Abbott. But when Cynthia becomes the prime suspect, Mandy realizes she’s wading into deeper, more hazardous waters than ever.

ITW contributing editor Cathy Clamp sat down with the author to get the low-down on this exciting action mystery release.

This is #2 in the Rocky Mountain Outdoor Adventure series. Do you have a finite number of books planned or will you just run with the series as long as readers love them?

I just turned in book three of the series, CATARACT CANYON, to the Midnight Ink acquisition editor, so yes, the current plan is to keep on writing them as long as readers love them!

Having your protagonist be a river ranger is an interesting twist on soft-boiled mysteries. What did you draw on as personal experience or research to create the character of Mandy Tanner?

I’ve been a “river rat” for many years myself. I took PE classes in canoeing and kayaking in college and continued paddling whitewater rivers back east while I worked in the Northern Virginia area. I paddled with legendary canoeist H. Roger Corbett there and still have copies of his Virginia Whitewater and The Delaware River (written with Kay Fulcomer) guidebooks. My husband and I spent happy weekends paddling East Coast whitewater rivers on trips with the Canoe Cruisers in a 2-man canoe stuffed full of floatation bags. Nowadays, I go whitewater rafting on Colorado rivers such as the Blue River and the upper Arkansas River, which my protagonist, Mandy Tanner, patrols.

Oh, and for readers who want to know more about my own whitewater experiences, read my “River Story” on the “Meet Our Donors” page of the American Rivers website.

To research what river rangers and whitewater rafting guides do, I started with my friend and fellow Girl Scout troop leader, Cynthia Hunt, who shared stories from her years of river guiding on the Arkansas River. She introduced me to her boss, Darren Olson, owner of Whitewater Encounters, who I interviewed about running a guiding business. From them, I gathered names of river rangers who worked for the Arkansas Headwaters Recreation Area (AHRA) and worked my way up to Stew Pappenfort, Senior Park Ranger of the AHRA. Stew graciously allowed me to observe one day of the swiftwater rescue course he teaches each spring to seasonal river rangers, and I interviewed some of the trainees. Stew now reviews my manuscripts in the series to make sure that I’m portraying river rangers and swiftwater rescue techniques correctly.

Do you feel like the setting of the book will draw more male readers to a series that is lighter in tone than hard-core thrillers?

I hope the series will interest both male and female readers, much like the sport of whitewater rafting does. I have heard from both men and women who have enjoyed reading DEADLY CURRENTS, even from non-swimmers and those who have never tried rafting! I hope WICKED EDDIES appeals to both, too. It features a competitive fly-fishing tournament that includes an on-river component, so I hope both men and women who are interested in fly-fishing, as well as those just interested in reading good mysteries, will be drawn to the book.

As you said, the RM Outdoor Adventure series is classified as a soft-boiled mystery series, so my goal with the books is to present an interesting puzzle for readers to solve that is set in an exciting, adventuresome milieu without having to resort to what I call “icky stuff” (rape, torture, abuse, gore, etc.) to thrill my readers.

What’s the most interesting thing you learned while researching the book, whether or not it made it onto the pages?

I had a fascinating interview with Peter Sheetz, a member of the U.S. Youth Fly Fishing Team at the time, where we brainstormed possible ways in which a fly fisherman could cheat in a tournament. Some of those ways made it into WICKED EDDIES and some didn’t.

What are your plans for the series as far as plot, and the heroine’s life?

In the upcoming, CATARACT CANYON, Mandy and her boyfriend Rob take a group of clients on a whitewater rafting trip through Cataract Canyon on the Colorado River in Utah. The story is a variation on a locked-room mystery, where the “room” is a remote canyon with very limited, difficult access. They are paddling the river in off-season and the killer has disabled their radio, so they are stuck alone in the wilderness with an unknown killer in their midst.

Mandy and Rob’s relationship will continue to grow and evolve through the series. Also, as she will do in CATARACT CANYON, to be released in May, 2013, Mandy will occasionally venture out of her hometown of Salida, Colorado and venture into adventurous sports other than whitewater rafting in the series. For example, some fly-fishing is featured in WICKED EDDIES, and some climbing is featured in CATARACT CANYON.

Will you be having any appearances with the release so readers can get autographed copies? For example, will you be at ThrillerFest or any other conventions?

Readers can go to the Appearances page on my website to see where I will be signing books. I have quite a few appearances scheduled in my home state of Colorado and likely will be adding more. So far, my travel plans include the Malice Domestic conference and the Festival of Mystery this spring and the Bouchercon conference in the fall. I may add more, so I encourage readers to check my appearances page periodically for updates.

Where can readers find you online?

I love chatting with readers in person at my signings, on social networks or via email. Readers can email me at my website or befriend me on Facebook or Goodreads. I will do Skype or speakerphone visits to book clubs who want to discuss my books, if they don’t meet near me. I’ve also participated in on-line chats about my books. Please don’t be shy about contacting me on my websiteblogFacebook and Goodreads.

Is there anything else you want readers to know about the book that they might not find in the reviews?

Mandy Tanner lives in Salida, a real Colorado town, and patrols the upper Arkansas River in central Colorado, the most popular whitewater river for commercial rafting in the United States. Every rapid I describe on the river is real and most of the businesses and other locations I describe in Salida are real. I’ve received emails from Salida residents and local rafting guides who have told me that “I got it right” in DEADLY CURRENTS when I described their town and occupation. I hope WICKED EDDIES continues to respectfully portray this lovely place, the interesting folks who reside there, and the thrill of riding the rapids, which my protagonist, Mandy Tanner, patrols.

Sounds like a great new series. I know our readers will look forward to picking up the release, as well as the debut. Good luck with it!

Thanks. I hope readers will really enjoy the book.

*****

Beth Groundwater writes the Claire Hanover gift basket designer mystery series (A REAL BASKET CASE, a Best First Novel Agatha Award finalist, and TO HELL IN A HANDBASKET) and the Rocky Mountain Outdoor Adventures mystery series starring whitewater river ranger Mandy Tanner. The first, DEADLY CURRENTS, was released March, 2011 and the second, WICKED EDDIES, will be published May, 2012. The third books in both series will appear in 2013. Beth enjoys Colorado’s many outdoor activities, including skiing and whitewater rafting, and loves talking to book clubs.

To learn more about Beth, please visit her website and her blog.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
Posts: 3,295
Registered: ‎10-24-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author BETH GROUNDWATER!

Thank you for mentioning those other authors.  It made me remember that I have a book by William Kent Krueger waiting to be read.  I'm going camping by myself in lat Sept. so I think I should bring the first book along with me.


Beth_Groundwater wrote:

Ryan_G wrote:

Nice to meet you.  I will have to check out the outdoor mystery seris.  I love the titles and the description of the one sounds like something I would enjoy.


Hi Ryan,

Nice to meet you, too! I hope you'll give

Deadly Currents and

Wicked Eddies  a read, too! I've found that this series appeals to both women mystery readers and to male readers who are fans of CJ Box, William Kent Krueger, Nevada Barr, and Craig Johnson, who also feature outdoor or Western settings in their mystery series.

 

- Beth



"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Author
Beth_Groundwater
Posts: 200
Registered: ‎03-30-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author BETH GROUNDWATER!


becke_davis wrote:
Welcome back, Beth!

 

Wow, that was quite an adventure! How did you crack your tooth? It sounds like you lucked out with the travel agency and with the medical care. My mom broke her ankle while touring in France with a friend several years ago. She said the medical care was amazing and hardly cost her anything, plus she was treated really well.

 

If you'd like to share pictures of your trip, either email them to me and I'll upload them, or if you post them on Facebook or on your website, you can just copy and paste them here.


The tooth was one that's been sensitive for awhile, so I suspect the crack had been developing for awhile, too. Yes, I know I was very lucky to get such good care in Peru!

- Beth

--
Beth Groundwater, http://bethgroundwater.com/
DEADLY CURRENTS, 03/11, A REAL BASKET CASE re-release, 11/11
WICKED EDDIES, 05/12, TO HELL IN A HANDBASKET re-release, 11/12
FATAL DESCENT, 06/13, A BASKET OF TROUBLE, 11/13
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
Posts: 1,925
Registered: ‎01-27-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author BETH GROUNDWATER!

[ Edited ]

Welcome Beth!

 

Sorry to hear about your tooth. Glad to hear you are doing better and you got such good care.

 

Your books have been in my TBR pile forever, so I moved them up when I heard you were coming. I started TO HELL IN A HANDBASKET last night and WICKED EDDIES are next. Hope to finish them before the end of the week.

 

Do you know Hillary Davidson? I read her book THE NEXT ONE TO FALL. You may enjoy reading that one since you went to Peru. Murder at Machu Picchu. I liked it very much. 

 

The Next One to Fall  

 

Have a great visit!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Scribe
ReadingPatti
Posts: 2,530
Registered: ‎10-24-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author BETH GROUNDWATER!

Beth_Groundwater, Hi, I hope that you enjoy your visit here. I like the titles of your books. I must check them out.

 

How do you come up with the titles? I always like ask this.

What do you like about writing msyteries?

 

I hope that your visit is an enjoyable one.

 

ReadingPatti

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author BETH GROUNDWATER!

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author BETH GROUNDWATER!


Ryan_G wrote:

Thank you for mentioning those other authors.  It made me remember that I have a book by William Kent Krueger waiting to be read.  I'm going camping by myself in lat Sept. so I think I should bring the first book along with me.


Beth_Groundwater wrote:

Ryan_G wrote:

Nice to meet you.  I will have to check out the outdoor mystery seris.  I love the titles and the description of the one sounds like something I would enjoy.


Hi Ryan,

Nice to meet you, too! I hope you'll give

Deadly Currents and

Wicked Eddies  a read, too! I've found that this series appeals to both women mystery readers and to male readers who are fans of CJ Box, William Kent Krueger, Nevada Barr, and Craig Johnson, who also feature outdoor or Western settings in their mystery series.

 

- Beth




Ryan - William Kent Krueger is going to be a featured guest here in August!

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author BETH GROUNDWATER!

Beth - Have you already completed your next book? What will that one be about?

Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
Posts: 3,295
Registered: ‎10-24-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author BETH GROUNDWATER!

The only book of his I have is Boundary Waters.  I bought it at Goodwill because of the title, since I'm from MN I like to read books set in the state.


becke_davis wrote:

Ryan_G wrote:

Thank you for mentioning those other authors.  It made me remember that I have a book by William Kent Krueger waiting to be read.  I'm going camping by myself in lat Sept. so I think I should bring the first book along with me.


Beth_Groundwater wrote:

Ryan_G wrote:

Nice to meet you.  I will have to check out the outdoor mystery seris.  I love the titles and the description of the one sounds like something I would enjoy.


Hi Ryan,

Nice to meet you, too! I hope you'll give

Deadly Currents and

Wicked Eddies  a read, too! I've found that this series appeals to both women mystery readers and to male readers who are fans of CJ Box, William Kent Krueger, Nevada Barr, and Craig Johnson, who also feature outdoor or Western settings in their mystery series.

 

- Beth




Ryan - William Kent Krueger is going to be a featured guest here in August!


 

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author BETH GROUNDWATER!

Beth - Between writing and traveling, do you have much time to read? With limited reading time, which books made the cut?

Author
Beth_Groundwater
Posts: 200
Registered: ‎03-30-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author BETH GROUNDWATER!


eadieburke wrote:

Welcome Beth!

 

Sorry to hear about your tooth. Glad to hear you are doing better and you got such good care.

 

Your books have been in my TBR pile forever, so I moved them up when I heard you were coming. I started TO HELL IN A HANDBASKET last night and WICKED EDDIES are next. Hope to finish them before the end of the week.

 

Do you know Hillary Davidson? I read her book THE NEXT ONE TO FALL. You may enjoy reading that one since you went to Peru. Murder at Machu Picchu. I liked it very much.


Hi Eadie,

Thanks for the welcome and the book recommendation. I'll put Hillary's book on my to-read list at Goodreads. I am on-line friends with her, but we haven't had the chance to chat awhile in person yet. I hope you enjoy both TO HELL IN A HANDBASKET last night and WICKED EDDIES!

- Beth

--
Beth Groundwater, http://bethgroundwater.com/
DEADLY CURRENTS, 03/11, A REAL BASKET CASE re-release, 11/11
WICKED EDDIES, 05/12, TO HELL IN A HANDBASKET re-release, 11/12
FATAL DESCENT, 06/13, A BASKET OF TROUBLE, 11/13
Author
Beth_Groundwater
Posts: 200
Registered: ‎03-30-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author BETH GROUNDWATER!


becke_davis wrote:

Beth - Have you already completed your next book? What will that one be about?


Hi Becke,

I've turned in the manuscript for CATARACT CANYON, the third book in the RM Outdoor Adventures series, that is set in the remote canyon of that name on the Colorado River in Canyonlands National Park in Utah. Mandy Tanner and her boyfriend Rob take a group of rafters down the remote canyon, and someone winds up murdered. It's a locked-room type of mystery where the "room" is the canyon that they're stuck in with an unknown killer in their midst. The book will be released in May, 2013.

 

I'm editing the third manuscript in the Claire Hanover gift basket designer series now before turning it in by August 1st. It will be published in November, 2013. The mystery revolves around Claire's brother Charley and a dead stablehand that is found at his horseback riding business. Other themes include illegal immigration (a problem among stable workers) and Charley's wife's hippotherapy business. I'm calling the book BASKETFUL OF TROUBLES now.

--
Beth Groundwater, http://bethgroundwater.com/
DEADLY CURRENTS, 03/11, A REAL BASKET CASE re-release, 11/11
WICKED EDDIES, 05/12, TO HELL IN A HANDBASKET re-release, 11/12
FATAL DESCENT, 06/13, A BASKET OF TROUBLE, 11/13
Author
Beth_Groundwater
Posts: 200
Registered: ‎03-30-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author BETH GROUNDWATER!

I wanted to make sure you all knew about a chance to win a free copy of WICKED EDDIES along with some other mystery novels:

 

The International Thriller Writers is sponsoring a book giveaway on the Book Bitch website, and my WICKED EDDIES is one of them. To enter the contest, go here: http://bookbitch.com/

--
Beth Groundwater, http://bethgroundwater.com/
DEADLY CURRENTS, 03/11, A REAL BASKET CASE re-release, 11/11
WICKED EDDIES, 05/12, TO HELL IN A HANDBASKET re-release, 11/12
FATAL DESCENT, 06/13, A BASKET OF TROUBLE, 11/13
Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author BETH GROUNDWATER!


Beth_Groundwater wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Beth - Have you already completed your next book? What will that one be about?


Hi Becke,

I've turned in the manuscript for CATARACT CANYON, the third book in the RM Outdoor Adventures series, that is set in the remote canyon of that name on the Colorado River in Canyonlands National Park in Utah. Mandy Tanner and her boyfriend Rob take a group of rafters down the remote canyon, and someone winds up murdered. It's a locked-room type of mystery where the "room" is the canyon that they're stuck in with an unknown killer in their midst. The book will be released in May, 2013.

 

I'm editing the third manuscript in the Claire Hanover gift basket designer series now before turning it in by August 1st. It will be published in November, 2013. The mystery revolves around Claire's brother Charley and a dead stablehand that is found at his horseback riding business. Other themes include illegal immigration (a problem among stable workers) and Charley's wife's hippotherapy business. I'm calling the book BASKETFUL OF TROUBLES now.


Now I'm seriously impressed. Where do you find time to do everything?

 

Speaking of which, I was interested to learn about all you do for Sisters in Crime. Would you like to share some of your SIC experiences with us?