becke_davis
0 Kudos

Please Welcome Author BRENDA NOVAK!

[ Edited ]

I'm excited to welcome back best selling author BRENDA NOVAK, who has written a guest blog AND been a featured guest here before. She's one of my favorite authors and an amazing woman!

New York Times & USA Today Best-Selling Author Brenda Novak

Brenda's website is here: http://www.brendanovak.com/

Her Facebook page is here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Author-Brenda-Novak/120794854630624

Brenda is on Google+ here: https://plus.google.com/116603859048745658497/posts

Her Wikipedia page is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brenda_Novak

Her auction website is here: http://brendanovak.auctionanything.com/

Brenda with her son, Thad

Here are links to Brenda's previous visits if you'd like to check them out:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Mystery/Please-Welcome-Author-BRENDA-NOVAK/m-p/601825/highlig...

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Mystery/December-Feature-THE-PERFECT-MURDER-by-Brenda-Novak/m...

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Mystery/Guest-Blog-TED-DEKKER-interviews-BRENDA-NOVAK/m-p/108...

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Mystery/Brenda-Novak-auction-for-Diabetes/m-p/330071/highligh...

Of Noble Birth EBook Is Now Available!

Of Noble Birth  

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author BRENDA NOVAK!

I came across this picture online of Brenda with another author who has been featured here before - Misa Ramirez:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Inside  

Virgil Skinner served fourteen years for a murder he didn’t commit. He’s finally been exonerated, but he can’t escape the gang he joined in order to survive. They’ll do anything to keep him from telling what he knows. And if they can’t get to Virgil they’ll go after his sister and her kids.

The California Department of Corrections needs someone to infiltrate another gang, one that’s taking control of the state’s most notorious supermax. Virgil’s the perfect candidate, and he’ll agree to do it under an alias — in exchange for his sister’s protection.

Chief Deputy Warden Peyton Adams is opposed to having Virgil in her prison. How will she protect him if things go bad? Besides, she’s far too attracted to him; she might even be falling in love with him. That makes her all the more desperate to keep him safe — and it gives him someone else to lose.

*Note: Brenda had a special, limited edition scarf made for her diabetes auction this year, with a design based on her book, INSIDE:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

ABOUT BRENDA

Brenda Novak

HOW IT ALL STARTED

It was a shocking experience that jump-started Brenda Novak’s bestselling author career.

“I caught my day-care provider drugging my children with cough syrup and Tylenol to get them to sleep while I was away,” Brenda says. “It was then that I decided that I needed to do something from home.”

However, writing was the last profession she expected to undertake. In fact, Brenda swears she didn’t have a creative bone in her body. In school, math and science were her best subjects, and when it came time to pick a major in college, she chose business. 

Abandoning her academic scholarship to Brigham Young University at the age of 20 in order to get married and start a family, Brenda dabbled in commercial real estate, then became a loan officer. 

“When I first got the idea to become a novelist, it took me five years to teach myself the craft and finish my first book,” Brenda admits. “I learned how to write by reading what others have written. The best advice for any would-be author: read, read, read….”

Brenda sold her first book, and the rest is history. Many of her novels have won or placed in contests such as the National Reader's Choice, the Bookseller's Best, the Write Touch, the Award of Excellence and the Beacon Award for Published Authors. 

Brenda and her husband, Ted, live in Sacramento and are the proud parents of five children—three girls and two boys. She juggles her writing career with her children’s softball and soccer games, field trips, carpool runs and homework sessions.

When she’s not spending time with her family or writing, Brenda is usually working on her annual fundraiser for diabetes research—an on-line auction held at her website May 1st – May 31st. Her youngest son, Thad, has diabetes, and Brenda is determined to help him and others like him.

She also enjoys traveling, watching sporting events and biking--she rides an amazing 20 miles every day!

becke_davis
0 Kudos
becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

FAN 2011: Unlock the Mystery

Feehan And Novak

Unlock the creative minds of New York Times Bestselling authors Christine Feehan andBrenda Novak on board the Delta King in Old Sacramento, CA.

FAN 2012: It's coming! Mark your calendars for March 2-4, 2012 . . . Registration is now OPEN!

----------------------------------------------------------

About The Delta King

The historic Delta King is a completely renovated, historic 1920's riverboat that plied theSacramento River between Sacramento and San Francisco from 1927-1940.  The Delta King and her sister ship the Delta Queen were the finest paddle wheelers of the day; offering charm, grace, elegance, fine dining and live entertainment.

The Delta King

Click here for more information about the Delta King

About Old Sacramento

Old Sacramento is a unique 28-acre National Historic Landmark District and State Historic Park located along the beautiful Sacramento River. Bustling with activity, the district is alive with shopping, dining, entertainment, historical attractions and world-renowned museums set within the time of the California Gold Rush and the Transcontinental Railroad.

About Christine Feehan
http://www.christinefeehan.com

Bestselling author Christine Feehan has over 40 novels published, including four series. Each of her four series has hit #1 on the New York Times and her last five new releases have all debuted as #1 on the New York Times including two hardcover releases:Dark Curse & Dark Slayer. She is best known for her Carpathians for which she earned the title "the Queen of Paranormal Romance" from both Publishers Weekly and USA Today.

Feehan says she owes much of her success to her dedicated fans who try to buy her books the week it comes out. She has created an online community for her members.  The community offers a place for Christine to interact with her readers.  It also offers interactive book discussions for each of her books in every series.

New York Times Bestselling Author Christine Feehan
Click here for more information about Christine Feehan

About Brenda Novak
http://www.brendanovak.com

New York Times Best-selling Author Brenda Novak writes romantic suspense for MIRA Books. She has three novels coming out next summer—WHITE HEAT, BODY HEAT and KILLER HEAT, all part of her brand new Dept. 6 Hired Gun series. She also runs an annual on-line auction for diabetes research every May at www.brendanovak.com. Together with Christine and other fellow authors, publishing associates and fans, she's raised over $1 million. Brenda considers herself lucky to be a mother of five and married to the love of her life.  

New York Times Bestselling Author Brenda Novak
Click here for more information about Brenda Novak

becke_davis
0 Kudos

COMING AUGUST 30:

In Seconds  

In Seconds

PURCHASE IN SECONDS BEFORE SEPTEMBER 7 AND RECEIVE . . .

A FREE, AUTOGRAPHED COPY OF INSIDE!

Inside  

That's TWO books for the price of one!

All you have to do is purchase IN SECONDS anywhere books are sold and email me the receipt (or snail mail it to Brenda Novak, P.O. Box 3718, Citrus Heights, CA 95611). Offer only valid for shipping inside the continental US.

Offer ends September 7, 2011.

THAT'S NOT ALL! Order FIVE copies of IN SECONDS (they make great Christmas gifts for friends and family!) and you'll receive a free, autographed copy of INSIDE plus this limited edition Hayden-Harnett silk scarf designed with a romantic passage from INSIDE (Retail Value: $120). Email me the receipts (or snail mail them to Brenda Novak, P.O. Box 3718, Citrus Heights, CA 95611). Offer only valid for shipping inside the continental US. Offer ends September 7, 2011.

creative ways to
wear your scarf

creative ways to wear your scarf

becke_davis
0 Kudos

In Seconds 

They're back…

Laurel Hodges has changed her identity twice. She's been on the run for the past four years, trying to outdistance the gang members who blame her for the death of one of their own. She's finally found peace and stability in the small town of Pineview, Montana. But just when Laurel thinks she and her children are safe…the nightmare starts all over again.

The Crew, a ruthless prison gang with ties to Laurel's brother, will never forget and they'll never forgive. And now that they've finally tracked her down, they'll stop at nothing.

Sheriff Myles King, who happens to live next door with his thirteen–year–old daughter, appoints himself Laurel's personal guardian. His growing attraction to her could change his life—Myles is beginning to picture marriage and family. But it could also end his life. If he can't save her, everything he's built, everything he wants, could be destroyed. In seconds…

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Bulletproof Trilogy

In Close  

Claire O’Toole’s mother, Alana, went missing fifteen years ago. That was big news in Pineview, Montana, the kind of town where nothing much ever happens. Then, last year, Claire’s husband, David, died in a freak accident – after launching his own investigation into Alanna’s disappearance.

Is Alana dead? Or did she simply abandon her husband and daughters? Claire is determined to find out – and her former boyfriend, Isaac Morgan, wants to help. Although their relationship didn’t end well, he still had feelings for her. And yet it isn’t until he starts to suspect David’s death wasn’t an accident that he’s drawn back into her life.

Together, Claire and Isaac search for answers to the questions that have haunted Pineview all this time. But as they soon discover, someone’s prepared to kill so those answers won’t be found….

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Please give a big B&N welcome to BRENDA NOVAK!!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Good morning, all! I forgot to mention that Brenda is on the West Coast, which is (I think) three hours behind those of us on Eastern Time. 

Hope you've all had a good weekend and that all our East Coast friends are safe and dry!

good morning coffee

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Brenda, Welcome to B & N. I hope your visit here is pleasant. I love your covers. Do you get any imput on the covers. I like the titles too. Do you choose your own?

I see that you do both mystery and romance. That is so cool. Do you consider some of your books romance/suspense?

What do you like about writing books?

Welcome and have a nice time here.

ReadingPatti

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hi, Brenda, I love your books and will continue to do so. Welcome to the Forum and hope you have an enjoyable stay.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I'm going to go ahead and post a couple questions for Brenda in case she arrives when I'm off the computer. (I'm unpacking, doing laundry and writing a synopsis - I'd rather be here!)

Welcome, Brenda! I hope you had a good trip back to the West Coast after your visit to Florida. Lots of authors down there!

It seems your mysteries are getting darker and scarier lately (or am I just turning into a wimp?). When you write the really dark stories (or dark scenes), does that spill over into your real life? I know whenever I'm reading a dark/scary book, I get really nervous and antsy. I can't imagine how it must be to live with the evil characters on a day-to-day basis!

I'm constantly amazed at the way you manage to write several books a year while also being a mother to several kids, traveling across the country regularly AND putting together your incredible auction. (AND the fan convention.) When do you rest?? Do you have a specific time set aside for your writing every day? I'd love to know how you manage to squeeze so much into your day!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Well this is I'm sure how all of our East Coast fans are feeling today, and I want to say that my thoughts and prayers are still with them during the clean up efforts.

A Monday Again picture

Brenda HI (waving madly),

I have had the pleasure of reviewing all in the In series that Brenda wrote, In Seconds and In Close (which isn't due out until late October) I reviewed for RT, and Inside I reviewed for Mira and what a wonderful series it is.

I have one question for Brenda, will we see any of these characters again, I had special feelings for Virgil's friend and just wondered if we might see him again.

It's so great to see you here and thanks Becke for hosting her.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Well this is I'm sure how all of our East Coast fans are feeling today, and I want to say that my thoughts and prayers are still with them during the clean up efforts.

A Monday Again picture

Brenda HI (waving madly),

I have had the pleasure of reviewing all in the In series that Brenda wrote, In Seconds and In Close (which isn't due out until late October) I reviewed for RT, and Inside I reviewed for Mira and what a wonderful series it is.

I have one question for Brenda, will we see any of these characters again, I had special feelings for Virgil's friend and just wondered if we might see him again.

It's so great to see you here and thanks Becke for hosting her.

Debbie - I'm jealous that you've read them all! I've only read INSIDE so far, but I should get my copy of IN SECONDS tomorrow or Wednesday. Luckily, I read fast!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Brenda is here, but the darn gremlins and gnomes are trying to keep her from signing in. We're all too familiar with that problem, but hopefully we'll get her signed in soon.