becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author DEE J. ADAMS!

Dee_J wrote:

That's cute. (Kind of like me and my dogs. People don't peg me for Pitbull. LOL.) Funny how we assume people's likes by what they do or don't do for a living. Like the librarian who pole dances at night. (Bad example? LOL.)

becke_davis wrote:

I have a funny NASCAR story. When my kids were in high school, there was a big "meet the teachers" open house. Parents and students at the open house were given mix and match answer sheets where you had to guess which teacher's name went with their hobby or "little known fact." 

One that everyone missed was NASCAR related - the English teacher both of my kids had turned out to be a huge fan. When school was out she'd go to every single race! I don't think anyone guessed that one right.

LOL! Several of my husbands relatives have had pit bulls, and they were all very sweet dogs.

Author
Dee_J
0 Kudos

My boy is a sweetie too. People get out of our way when we're walking, but he wouldn't hurt a flea. Um, unless you're trying to get gum out of his paw. He doesn't love that so much. <G> (But the good news is, I think he got most of it out himself. Yay.)

becke_davis wrote:

LOL! Several of my husbands relatives have had pit bulls, and they were all very sweet dogs.

Author
AdrienneGM
0 Kudos

Hi Dee! Congrats on the new release! It looks like a terrific read. On my TBR pile.

Author
Dee_J
0 Kudos

Hi Adrienne!!
Thank you! Glad you stopped by! Very nice to see you. <G>
Y'all should check out Adrinne's Private Protectors series at Carina Press! Awesome books! Adrienne's dialogue is some of the best I've ever read! Seriously!

AdrienneGM wrote:

Hi Dee! Congrats on the new release! It looks like a terrific read. On my TBR pile.

Author
AdrienneGM
0 Kudos

You are too nice! Thank you!

Author
Dee_J
0 Kudos

Hi Becke,
(Just saw this one!) Yep, it's definitely gross and I DO think it's a guy thing. The whole Mars/Venus thing is so true. <G>

becke_davis wrote:

I'm not much for pranks or practical jokes myself. Some of these hover on that fine line, and one was GROSS! Maybe it's a guy thing...

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Dee_J wrote:
Hi Adrienne!!
Thank you! Glad you stopped by! Very nice to see you. <G>
Y'all should check out Adrinne's Private Protectors series at Carina Press! Awesome books! Adrienne's dialogue is some of the best I've ever read! Seriously!

AdrienneGM wrote:

*waves madly* Hi Adrienne! Great to see you here!

I've read Adrienne's first two books and her third is in my Nook's TBR pile. I can't read fast enough to keep up these days!!

Author
Dee_J
0 Kudos

Isn't she an amazing writer? Love her!
And I'm the same way. I can't keep up with all the books I want to read. My stack keeps getting bigger and bigger and my time to read is smaller and smaller. What's up with that? (I'm thinking I need a reading vacation. Yeah, that's it. A beach, a cold margarita and about 12 books. OMG. I get chills thinking about it. Heaven.)

becke_davis wrote:

I've read Adrienne's first two books and her third is in my Nook's TBR pile. I can't read fast enough to keep up these days!!

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Hi everyone! Hi Dee J, have you ever had your books illustrated? I illustrate my own writing whenever I get to it haha.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Author
Dee_J
0 Kudos

Hi GS,

The only illustrations are in my head. <G> To be honest, I can't really imagine someone illustrating my books. (That would make some scenes into erotica. LOL.) Not sure I could imagine any romance being illustrated. I like imagining the characters, their looks and expressions...

GS2991 wrote:
Hi everyone! Hi Dee J, have you ever had your books illustrated? I illustrate my own writing whenever I get to it haha.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Dee_J wrote:
Isn't she an amazing writer? Love her!
And I'm the same way. I can't keep up with all the books I want to read. My stack keeps getting bigger and bigger and my time to read is smaller and smaller. What's up with that? (I'm thinking I need a reading vacation. Yeah, that's it. A beach, a cold margarita and about 12 books. OMG. I get chills thinking about it. Heaven.)

becke_davis wrote:

Oh, that sounds WONDERFUL! *sigh*

Yes, like a lot of people I now have TWO to-be-read piles, one for print books and another for ebooks. I'll never catch up, but it will be fun trying!!

Author
Dee_J
0 Kudos

Yes, exactly! Two piles. An electronic one and a print one. Yikes. I'm staring at my print one now. It's at boob level. (Maybe I should mention I'm about 5'3". Just so you have a handle on the height. <G>)

becke_davis wrote:

Yes, like a lot of people I now have TWO to-be-read piles, one for print books and another for ebooks. I'll never catch up, but it will be fun trying!!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Dee_J wrote:
Yes, exactly! Two piles. An electronic one and a print one. Yikes. I'm staring at my print one now. It's at boob level. (Maybe I should mention I'm about 5'3". Just so you have a handle on the height. <G>)

becke_davis wrote:

Mine fills two bookcases and three big plastic bins. I'm reading as fast as I can!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

How can it be Friday already? This week has flown!

Author
Dee_J
0 Kudos

Good morning!
I agree! This week has flown by!
Becke I'm still reeling at the amount of books you have waiting for you. Good grief. And I thought my pile was big! Ha!

becke_davis wrote:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Dee_J wrote:
Good morning!
I agree! This week has flown by!
Becke I'm still reeling at the amount of books you have waiting for you. Good grief. And I thought my pile was big! Ha!

becke_davis wrote:

It's nowhere near complete, either. Half the time I forget to list books publishers send me and books written by our featured authors. And there's no way I could begin to list all the books that have been in my TBR pile awhile. There are too many of them!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Dee - When you get the cover for Dangerously Close, let me know and I'll post it here. (Or you can copy image/paste). It's a busy year for you!

Author
Dee_J
0 Kudos

Hi Becke,
Great! I absolutely will. It's probably going to be a few weeks/months away. I think they're just beginning to work on it now. But I'll definitely let you know. The first two covers were so amazing, I can't imagine what the third will be. I've loved the colors and the people. Just spot on for all of them.
Regarding your TBR pile... holy smokes. Wouldn't it be nice if we could read while we sleep. LOL. We could get the rest we need and get a new book under our belt every night. What a concept!! <G>

becke_davis wrote:

Dee - When you get the cover for Dangerously Close, let me know and I'll post it here. (Or you can copy image/paste). It's a busy year for you!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Dee_J wrote:

Hi Becke,
Great! I absolutely will. It's probably going to be a few weeks/months away. I think they're just beginning to work on it now. But I'll definitely let you know. The first two covers were so amazing, I can't imagine what the third will be. I've loved the colors and the people. Just spot on for all of them.
Regarding your TBR pile... holy smokes. Wouldn't it be nice if we could read while we sleep. LOL. We could get the rest we need and get a new book under our belt every night. What a concept!! <G>

becke_davis wrote:

I've often had that thought, except then we wouldn't get the enjoyment of reading!

This is "your" thread now, Dee, so you're welcome to add updates any time you like!

Author
Dee_J
0 Kudos

Becke,

Good to know! Hey, my own "thread." I'm feeling special. LOL.

becke_davis wrote:

Dee_J wrote:

Hi Becke,

I've often had that thought, except then we wouldn't get the enjoyment of reading!

This is "your" thread now, Dee, so you're welcome to add updates any time you like!