Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Please Welcome Author DEE TENORIO!

Wednesday's guest in our Month of Suspense & Thrillers is Carina Books author DEE TENORIO! 

Some of you may remember meeting Dee in February's Carina feature during our Month of Romantic Suspense:http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Mystery/CARINA-PRESS-Romantic-Suspense-for-E-Readers/td-p/836...

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author DEE TENORIO!

Dee Tenorio has a few reality issues. After much therapy for the problem—if one can call being awakened in the night by visions of hot able-bodied men a problem—she has proved incurable. It turns out she enjoys tormenting herself by writing sizzling, steamy romances of various genres spanning paranormal mystery dramas, contemporaries and romantic comedies. Preferably starring the sexy, somewhat grumpy heroes described above and smart-mouthed heroines who have much better hair than she does.

The best part is, no more therapy bills!

Well, not for Dee, anyway. Her husband and kids, on the other hand...

If you would like to learn more about Dee and her work, please peruse around this site or visit her blog at http://www.deetenorio.com/Blog/.

I’m not what could be called...easy to pigeon-hole. As a writer, I often go where ever my imagination leads, which let me tell you, is often in directions wise people would choose not to go. But, while that might make me a tad difficult to pin down, I like to think it makes what I write accessible to more than one kind of reader.

Within these pages, you will find an ever growing library of things to read. I’m hoping to create a long career and so you’ll hopefully see these pages updated with some regularity.

Some of the stories are complete, website-exclusive shorts, others are excerpts of complete novels soon-to-be released, available or back list. So, look around, try a story and see what you enjoy!

Click to see what's Coming Soon

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Click covers to read!

A Regency Novella of love, thievery and murder! (Or IS it?)

What happens when two life-long enemies get trapped by an evil bridesmaid gown? You'll never believe this one!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Dee's website is here: http://www.deetenorio.com

Her Facebook page is here: https://www.facebook.com/dee.tenorio

becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Deceiving the Protector  

The mate he never wanted may be the woman he can never have...

After a series of murders is discovered along the trail of the Shifter Underground, wolf soldier Jensen Tate is assigned to find and protect a missing stray. But Lia Crawford doesn't seem to want his protection. When she eludes his watch and returns with mysterious injuries, Tate knows she's hiding something. To discover her secrets, he'll have to win her trust...and get closer to the woman he thinks may be his mate.

Lia has reasons to keep her distance. The killer is haunting her steps, determined to claim her. He will come after them both if he sees how drawn she is to Tate, though it becomes increasingly difficult to deny her attraction to him. Protecting Tate is vital – but will her deception cost her his love?

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Please welcome author DEE TENORIO!

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Welcome Dee: I read LOVE ME TOMORROW the other day. I really enjoyed it and I was glad when Miranda and Josh finally came together and decided to stop their game playing and just be open about their love for one another. Too many times couples are sending mixed messages trying to protect their feelings. Through all the confusion, they end up hurting themselves and others too! I feel your book had a good message for all those couples in a relationship where openess is lacking! I will have to check out some of your other books too! Hope you enjoy your visit with us today!
Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Hi, Dee, I hope that you visit is a great one. I love the covers on you books and I loved the titles. I must check them out.

What do you like about writing and why mystery? Are your books considered Young Adult or Adult. I going to look for them.

Again, Welcome and have a visit.

ReadingPat

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

Welcome, Dee to our friendly Mystery Forum.

I notice that your books are published by Carina Press. Are any of your books available in hardcover or paperback editions?

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Fricka - I'm not sure if Dee's new series is going to be available in print form. I'll let her answer that!

Author
DeeTenorio
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Oh, thank you so much, Eadie! Honestly, Love Me Tomorrow was the first novel I ever completed, though it wasn't published until much later. Josh and Miranda will always be extra special for me. I'm so glad you enjoyed reading it!

Dee

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Hi Dee - Thanks for joining us!

Awhile back I asked friends who attended the Reader Appreciation Day at the West Chester, Ohio Barnes & Noble to suggest questions I should ask our featured authors. This is what they came up with:

1) What of the five senses do you tap into most when you're writing?

2) Do you have a favorite of your own books?

3) What do you think about the show Castle? Who do you think is hotter, Nathan Fillion or Gerard Butler? (Don't blame me, I didn't come up with these questions!)

4) Do you watch mystery TV shows and/or movies? If so, which do you like best?

5) If you were casting your books, who would you choose?

6) What do you do when you Really Should Be Writing?

Author
DeeTenorio
0 Kudos

Hi ReadingPat!

The thing I love most about writing it putting the pieces of story together. I love tying characters in knots and the excitement of figuring out how to untie the knots, lol. And, yes, lol, I do love the covers. I've been very lucky in that respect. :smileyhappy: Not all of my books are mystery—and I'm a bit too frisky with the love scenes to fall into YA—but when I do go that way, as I have for the last several books, I think it's because I was raised with a sister who has always loved mystery and a Mom who always believed in justice. That last one is often pretty rare and since I like happy endings, I want to give justice where I can. :smileyhappy:

Author
DeeTenorio
0 Kudos

Hi Fricka!

Well, only the last two are published through Carina Press, but all but a few of the others are indeed available in print through Samhain Publishing. They mostly need to be ordered specifically, but they are available. :smileyhappy: At this time, Carina Press is not putting the books in print. Thanks for asking! The more folks who request, the better the odds of Carina going to print. :smileyhappy: LOL!

Correspondent
seasanddollar
0 Kudos

Welcome Dee--I sure am finding out about so many authors & their books on this forum. I definitely will be checking yours out.