Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author ED KOVACS!

I'm posting this for Ed, whose nephew took some snaps of STORM DAMAGE at a B&N in Fairview Heights, IL. Ed's in Asia, so if any of you see his books in a B&N store, please let me know. If you email them to me, I'll upload them here.

(And if you take pictures in other bookstores, I'll forward them to Ed.)

Thanks! (And apologies for posting this on the wrong thread earlier.)

Storm Damage.JPG
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Just spotted this on Ed's Facebook page:

An early Christmas gift: St. Martin's Press just gave me a new book deal for Cliff St. James #3! I'm blessed.
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

An early Christmas gift: St. Martin's Press just gave me a new book deal for Cliff St. James #3! I'm blessed.

Great news!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Author
EdKovacs
0 Kudos

eadieburke wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Great news!

eadieburke wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Great news!

Thanks Becke and Eadie, now I just have to write it!  Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Happy Holidays all around.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

EdKovacs wrote:

eadieburke wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Great news!

eadieburke wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Great news!

Thanks Becke and Eadie, now I just have to write it!  Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Happy Holidays all around.

Ed - I hope you'll come back and visit again when it comes out!

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Ed:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Great News Ed

Merry Christmas

emoticon

becke_davis
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Great News Ed

Merry Christmas

emoticon

It's the battle of the cute Christmas graphics!

Author
EdKovacs
0 Kudos

Hey Becke,

Sorry I haven't checked in lately but I've been on the road with my book tour for STORM DAMAGE.  Two more stops:

Friday, Jan 27 at 2PM at Mysteries To Die For in Thousand Oaks, CA

Saturday, Jan 28 at 2PM at Mysterious Galaxy in San Diego.

It's been great getting to meet so many readers and book store staff.

And good reviews keep trickling in like this one:  http://www.reviewingtheevidence.com/review.html?id=9079

In the meantime. Cliff St. James #2 will be released by St. Martin's in December, 2012.

And I'm scrambing to find time to start writing Cliff St. James #3, BURNT BLACK, which will be released in 2013.

Am I busy?  Yes!  Am I staying out of trouble?  H*ll, no!

Cheers,

Ed Kovacs

becke_davis
0 Kudos

EdKovacs wrote:

Hey Becke,

Sorry I haven't checked in lately but I've been on the road with my book tour for STORM DAMAGE.  Two more stops:

Friday, Jan 27 at 2PM at Mysteries To Die For in Thousand Oaks, CA

Saturday, Jan 28 at 2PM at Mysterious Galaxy in San Diego.

It's been great getting to meet so many readers and book store staff.

And good reviews keep trickling in like this one:  http://www.reviewingtheevidence.com/review.html?id=9079

In the meantime. Cliff St. James #2 will be released by St. Martin's in December, 2012.

And I'm scrambing to find time to start writing Cliff St. James #3, BURNT BLACK, which will be released in 2013.

Am I busy?  Yes!  Am I staying out of trouble?  H*ll, no!

Cheers,

Ed Kovacs

You hint at the trouble you're getting into and you don't go into details?? Now, that's just mean. 

Have fun on your book tour - always great to hear from you!

Author
EdKovacs
0 Kudos

Becke and the gang,

Sorry I've been away so long, but it's great to be back.

The holidays are almost here, which must mean I'm deployed overseas again (Trashcanistan, again) and will miss the release (again) of my new novel.

This one is called GOOD JUNK, Cliff St. James #2.  St. Martin's Press Minotaur releases it in a matter of hours!  December 11, 2012, to be exact.  Forget about the dopey end of the world prophesies, there are books to be read!

Yes, Cliff St. James #3 comes out next year, and I'm hoping for a long run with this series.

Here is some advance praise from The Big Three for GOOD JUNK.

Good Junk received the rare honor of a *Starred,* boxed review from PUBLISHER’S WEEKLY:

“Kovacs outstanding second Cliff St. James novel…powerful prose that evokes a city still struggling to recover its infrastructure and identity elevates this well beyond most other contemporary PI novels.”

From KIRKUS:  “…always compelling…with so many twists and turns, even the most devoted noir fans may wish they had a map. But it’s well worth trying to find the way.”  

From BOOKLIST:  “Kovacs maintains a fast pace, and his descriptions of a steamy, seamy, badly managed city that is failing to recover from Katrina are jolting and plausible. Good Junk has plenty of action—and high-tech gadgetry, too—“ 

Please catch up with me here at the great B&N Mystery Forum or at

www.edkovacs.com

@EdKovacs on Twitter

Ed Kovacs on Facebook

Ed Kovacs on Goodreads

Cheers!

Ed   

becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Thanks for visiting again, Ed - I posted links to your books. Hope I didn't miss any!