Author
JanetBolin
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author JANET BOLIN!!!

Fricka, thank you for persisting until you found it! Lots of people have said they found it easily in Barnes and Noble stores. It's too bad you had to do some sleuthing. On the other hand, solving a mystery always feels sort of good, doesn't it . . . ? ? ?

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

JanetBolin wrote:

Fricka, thank you for persisting until you found it! Lots of people have said they found it easily in Barnes and Noble stores. It's too bad you had to do some sleuthing. On the other hand, solving a mystery always feels sort of good, doesn't it . . . ? ? ?

I bought extra copies in a Chicago area B&N, where it was in the New Release display.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

JanetBolin wrote:

I bought extra copies in a Chicago area B&N, where it was in the New Release display.

Well, technically, I guess you could say that I did find it in a New Release display--although it wasn't on the table that has all the new books on it when one first enters the store. Instead, it was located in one of those side  revolving displayers. If I hadn't been specifically looking for Janet's book, I wouldn't have looked there. I guess what is confusing to me is that the store has an area that is specifically labeled as Mystery, and there's two large areas there where both hardcover and paperback recent releases are presented. That's on the second level, and where I always head first. However, as I've written here before, I've found that sometimes certain authors have their books shelved in different areas from Mystery--as in Literature and Fiction, and now I guess I will have to say that I will also be more apt to check the lower level recent release display area more closely as well. Let's just say my little grey cells get a work-out when I go into the store!

But I still prefer going INTO a book store where there are actually books I can fondle--er- pick up and look at, than ordering on line. I love the feel of a book, and the tactile experience of holding it and leafing through the pages for the first time. I do my best to patronize the bookstore, as I feel certain that at a certain time in the future, there probably won't be any left, and everything will all be online. So even if I complain a bit about the shelving strategy of a particular store, that won't keep me from going back there. And Janet, you're welcome. I am looking forward to reading your book!

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Fricka - It is confusing how book stores decide where to place books. Jennifer Crusie's romances are usually in Fiction and Literature instead of Romance, for example. With romantic suspense books, it's a toss-up whether they'll be in Romance or Mystery. It's one reason I shop online a lot!

Inspired Wordsmith
harleyhoney
0 Kudos

Hello Janet.   I don't think I made it by while you were visiting, but I've read all the posts and was very glad you were here.  I picked up Dire Threads and another first in a mystery series on Saturday and was showing them to my daughters at our Dad's Day BBQ.  Well, I have been relieved of both books.  But it's all good, raising mystery lovers.  I buy books, they buy books and we all share.

Thank you for visiting us and I can't wait to get my hands back on your book.

Nancy

"Somebody said they saw me swinging the world by the tail, bouncing over a white cloud, killing the blues."
Killing the Blues by Rowland Salley
Performed by Robert Plant and Alison Kraus on RAISING SAND
Author
JanetBolin
0 Kudos

Fricka wrote:

But I still prefer going INTO a book store where there are actually books I can fondle--er- pick up and look at, than ordering on line. I love the feel of a book, and the tactile experience of holding it and leafing through the pages for the first time. I do my best to patronize the bookstore, as I feel certain that at a certain time in the future, there probably won't be any left, and everything will all be online. So even if I complain a bit about the shelving strategy of a particular store, that won't keep me from going back there. And Janet, you're welcome. I am looking forward to reading your book!

I agree with you about the feel of books - and the smell of new ones, too! And browsing in stores can be more satisfying. We can, however, run into problems by buying too many to lug anywhere . . .

And then, receiving a package of books in the mail or by courier has a certain thrill feature, too.

I don't live near bookstores, so I do tend to order online a lot, and from local(ish) bookstores.

There's nothing quite like the promise in a pile of new books, no matter how we get them. And I suppose I could quickly adjust to feeling the same way about new books loaded onto an e-reader.

Anyway, I'm glad you found Dire Threads. After its month on the new release tower, it will probably go to mystery shelves.

I wonder - are people who love the tactile experience of the textile arts fonder of bookstores and old-fashioned books than other people?

Author
JanetBolin
0 Kudos

Nancy wrote:

I picked up Dire Threads and another first in a mystery series on Saturday and was showing them to my daughters at our Dad's Day BBQ.  Well, I have been relieved of both books.

Oh, that's funny! I went to a Dad's Day BBQ. A mother there gave her daughter her copy of DIRE THREADS to read first, too. I hope the moms get their books back soon!

Inspired Wordsmith
harleyhoney
0 Kudos

It's funny though, they NEVER want to borrow my clothes!

Nancy 

JanetBolin wrote:

Nancy wrote:

I picked up Dire Threads and another first in a mystery series on Saturday and was showing them to my daughters at our Dad's Day BBQ.  Well, I have been relieved of both books.

Oh, that's funny! I went to a Dad's Day BBQ. A mother there gave her daughter her copy of DIRE THREADS to read first, too. I hope the moms get their books back soon!

"Somebody said they saw me swinging the world by the tail, bouncing over a white cloud, killing the blues."
Killing the Blues by Rowland Salley
Performed by Robert Plant and Alison Kraus on RAISING SAND
Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

Janet, in case you are still looking in here occasionally, I now have read Dire Threads, and LOVED it! Don't want to give too much of the plot line away, but I will say I howled at the part where Willow's cottage was in danger of flooding, and Haylee and the "three moms" helped sew together sandbags. "The Weird Sisters" costumes and makeup and the trip to the beach for sand were all  hilarious! That was some inspired writing there!

The denoument and ending were great, too. Now I can hardly wait to find out what happens with Haylee and Willow and their relationships with Smythe and Clay, respectively.

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
Author
JanetBolin
0 Kudos

Thank you, Fricka. I'm glad you loved Dire Threads. I had great fun writing it. The next book has silly scenes, too, hee hee.