Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
Kate_Carlisle
0 Kudos

ONE BOOK IN A GRAVE is a bestseller!!!

Had to share this news - especially here! :smileylol:  One Book in the Grave is #9 on the Barnes & Noble bestsellers list for mass market paperbacks and #2 on their mass market mysteries list! THANK YOU, everyone! This is such an honor!

One Book in the Grave (Bibliophile Series #5)  

Kate Carlisle
The Bibliophile Mysteries
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Please Welcome Author KATE CARLISLE!

Kate_Carlisle wrote:

Great question, Becke! All my life, I have read and adored both mystery and romance - and hey, if a book has both in it, so much the better! I continue to be inspired whenever I read an excellent book in either genre. A few of my favorite mystery authors and series: I adore the classic mystery series – Lord Peter Wimsey, Miss Marple, Sherlock Holmes … I could go on and on. These days, I’m a big fan of anything written by Hailey Lind/Juliet Blackwell, Kate Collins’ Flower Shop mysteries, Avery Aames's Cheese Shop Mysteries, of course, and I love Nancy Martin’s Blackbird Sisters. I’ll read anything by Julie Hyzy. I pretty much read them all, any mystery I can get my hands on. Love 'em!

Oh, I just read one of Julie Hyzy's books a week or two ago! I think I've read at least one book by all these authors - we must share similar tastes!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: ONE BOOK IN A GRAVE is a bestseller!!!

Kate_Carlisle wrote:

Had to share this news - especially here! :smileylol:  One Book in the Grave is #9 on the Barnes & Noble bestsellers list for mass market paperbacks and #2 on their mass market mysteries list! THANK YOU, everyone! This is such an honor!

One Book in the Grave (Bibliophile Series #5)  

This is so exciting!!!!!!!!!

Author
Kate_Carlisle
0 Kudos

Thank you! And my agent called with even more exciting news... brace yourself... ONE BOOK IN THE GRAVE is #15 on the NYT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kate Carlisle
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Kate_Carlisle wrote:

Thank you! And my agent called with even more exciting news... brace yourself... ONE BOOK IN THE GRAVE is #15 on the NYT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New York Times?? You are a ROCK STAR!

congratulations (flowers)

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Kate - What do you do when you "really should be writing"?

Author
Kate_Carlisle
0 Kudos

Well... I should be writing today, but I'm so excited about the NYT placement that I'm having a hard time concentrating. So I'm sort of playing online and calling it research. Browsing different San Francisco websites - looking at restaurant menus, mainly. LOL Brooklyn Wainwright does love to eat!

Kate Carlisle
Author
Kate_Carlisle
0 Kudos

Hey, it says "Author" next to my name now. Thank you, Becke! I was wondering how to make that happen. :heart:

Kate Carlisle
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Kate_Carlisle wrote:

Well... I should be writing today, but I'm so excited about the NYT placement that I'm having a hard time concentrating. So I'm sort of playing online and calling it research. Browsing different San Francisco websites - looking at restaurant menus, mainly. LOL Brooklyn Wainwright does love to eat!

We ate here - are you familiar with this place - it was excellent! http://www.absinthe.com/ And we stayed here: http://www.huntingtonhotel.com/reservations/reservations.cfm
Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Distinguished Wordsmith
Fricka
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Kate_Carlisle wrote:

New York Times?? You are a ROCK STAR!

Ditto, becke! Whoooo- hooooo! That's fantastic news, Kate!

" A murder mystery is the normal recreation of the noble mind."--Sister Carol Anne O' Marie
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Kate_Carlisle wrote:

Do you get to do any business trips to San Francisco for research purposes? Now THAT would be fun!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Kate_Carlisle wrote:

Hey, it says "Author" next to my name now. Thank you, Becke! I was wondering how to make that happen. :heart:

I thought you already had an "author" tag and didn't notice you had 'contributor' until yesterday. I'm a little slow off the mark this week!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Kate - Brooklyn has a somewhat unusual family. What inspired you to give her that background?

Author
Kate_Carlisle
0 Kudos

Ooooh, Eadie, San Francisco has so many incredible restaurants, doesn't it? I'm pretty sure I've eaten at Absinthe. It looks really familiar.

Kate Carlisle
Author
Kate_Carlisle
0 Kudos

Thank you, Fricka and Becke, for your congrats on my NYT placement. So exciting!  posted a happy dance picture to my Facebook page today. It's really cute! I don't know how to post it on here, but you can see it at www.facebook.com/katecarlislebooks

Kate Carlisle
Author
Kate_Carlisle
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Kate - Brooklyn has a somewhat unusual family. What inspired you to give her that background?

Brooklyn’s parents’ commune is a lot like the commune I was a part of. I think people have the conception that communes are weird and way out there, but that’s not necessarily true. At its heart, a commune is simply about sharing resources. The commune at Dharma in the Bibliophile Mystery books is populated by loving, generous people. They are quirky, certainly, but that’s part of the fun!

And as for her parents being Deadheads, two of my brothers were serious Deadheads and followed the Grateful Dead for a long time. I got a lot of that aspect of her parents' past from accompanying my brothers to Dead shows.

Kate Carlisle
Author
Kate_Carlisle
0 Kudos

Beautiful flowers from my editor

[ Edited ]

Let's see if this will work. I posted the picture to my Facebook page, but maybe I can get it in here... This is a picture of the gorgeous bouquet my editor sent to congratulate me for One Book in the Grave (Bibliophile Series #5)  hitting the New York Times bestsellers list!

Bouquet

Kate Carlisle
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Kate_Carlisle wrote:

Thank you, Fricka and Becke, for your congrats on my NYT placement. So exciting!  posted a happy dance picture to my Facebook page today. It's really cute! I don't know how to post it on here, but you can see it at www.facebook.com/katecarlislebooks

Depending what browser you're using, this should show up:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Kate_Carlisle wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Brooklyn’s parents’ commune is a lot like the commune I was a part of. I think people have the conception that communes are weird and way out there, but that’s not necessarily true. At its heart, a commune is simply about sharing resources. The commune at Dharma in the Bibliophile Mystery books is populated by loving, generous people. They are quirky, certainly, but that’s part of the fun!

And as for her parents being Deadheads, two of my brothers were serious Deadheads and followed the Grateful Dead for a long time. I got a lot of that aspect of her parents' past from accompanying my brothers to Dead shows.

I have a really clear picture of Dharma in my head. I could see this series as a movie (or two)!. How cool that you used to accompany your brothers to see the Grateful Dead!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Beautiful flowers from my editor

Kate_Carlisle wrote:

Let's see if this will work. I posted the picture to my Facebook page, but maybe I can get it in here... This is a picture of the gorgeous bouquet my editor sent to congratulate me for One Book in the Grave (Bibliophile Series #5)  hitting the New York Times bestsellers list!

Bouquet

They're gorgeous! And since you can never have enough roses...